Richmond Foster 17 West Orange-Stark 14/Final

WOSgrad

Robert, I am not the only one here seeing through your "conflict of interest" comment. Everyone knows what you are saying. Doesn't take a smart person to figure that out.

But to enlighten us "dumb" folks, explain what you mean by "conflict of interest" in regards to his intentions of that game.

*Deep Sigh*. COME ON, MAN. lol

*Deep Sigh*. COME ON, MAN. lol

I am sorry, but I am not going to let it go. You are very wrong in your comments and disrespect the integrity of Coach Foreman and his coaching in regards to last year's game.

You provided your examples of how Foreman coached the game differently against WO-S in comparison to other games. You are suggesting that Foreman "intentionally" coached and prepared his team to fail only because he was facing a former team. Toby has more respect for the game and his current team to ever consider doing such a thing. You obviously do not see that.

I am sorry, but I am not going to let it go. You are very wrong in your comments and disrespect the integrity of Coach Foreman and his coaching in regards to last year's game.

You provided your examples of how Foreman coached the game differently against WO-S in comparison to other games. You are suggesting that Foreman "intentionally" coached and prepared his team to fail only because he was facing a former team. Toby has more respect for the game and his current team to ever consider doing such a thing. You obviously do not see that.

Maybe your right. It's just that the playcalling was so 'vanilla' and seeing that we went all out on Memorial.... It was a hard pill to swallow.

Well, let's dissect this.  Coach Foreman a varsity coach at WO-S, left after Coach Thompson was named head coach in 2011. So by the time Coach Foreman came back to coach against West Orange-Stark most of the guys that he had contact with had graduated.  So your statement that he had a conflict of interest (which together with the urging of us to "do the math " lead to an unmistakable inference that he did not do his level best to win that ballgame last year) doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Does Toby Foreman want to be head coach at West Orange-Stark?  Absolutely.  He has made no bones about that in every head coaching interview, including the one with Rodney Saveat.  He figures that probably cost him a few of the jobs he was a finalist for but he said he wasn't going to lie just to get the job.  This is the type of integrity that Toby Foreman has.  So, as a friend of Toby and someone who was one of the first to advise him of the Central job, I must say that I am pretty darned disgusted by the inferences you have been making toward him.  As you say, he has brought a level of respectability to the Central program and he deserves a whole heck of a lot better than the inferences that one Jaguar alum has made against him in this thread.

And I thought my friend would be the last to level such charges.

And to the 2002 and 2003 seasons, you are correct, Central went to the playoffs and WO-S didn't.  Quite simply the only real reason that occurred is that despite to doing their level best, the Mustangs didn't do what they needed to do.  Just like in all 14 games between the Stangs and the Jags, all coaches and players on BOTH sides did their level best to win the ballgame,  11 times the Stangs were successful and 3 times they were not.

No excuses.

Wos has lost games when they had more players & larger enrollment.

True but less than a dozen in 436 games since we've only lost 89 games in 37 years. ;) And most of them were to Jasper in regards to smaller.  Brookshire was smaller, Coldspring was smaller at one point. Maybe Giddings, maybe Wimberley.  That's about it.  And I guarantee none of our losses were to teams 1/3 our enrollment.

AND...  WOS beat the local 4A eventual district champ how many years in a row? I think it was 5.  4 of those years as 3A. Lemme look it up...lol

2003 WOS 21, PNG 20 (21-4A Champ)

2004 (3A) WOS 32, Nederland 30 (20-4A Champ)

2005 (3A) WOS 28, Beaumont Central 12 (20-4A Champ)

2006 (3A) WOS 26, Dayton 9 (22-4A Champ)

2007 (3A) WOS 22, Dayton 14 (22-4A Champ)

I don't remember you guys being so hilarious back when

I told y'all this fella is still mad from the L they got from wos last year now he's trying to blame coach Forman get real dude what coach is gonna throw the game away if he wants to keep his job? That's so much disrespect to a coach who's bringing yAlls team some good now. But we may not have went to the playoffs them two years but look at the over all record against west orange? I think that's a little more than your two times to the playoffs your talking about buddy.

Well, let's dissect this. Coach Foreman a varsity coach at WO-S, left after Coach Thompson was named head coach in 2011. So by the time Coach Foreman came back to coach against West Orange-Stark most of the guys that he had contact with had graduated. So your statement that he had a conflict of interest (which together with the urging of us to "do the math " lead to an unmistakable inference that he did not do his level best to win that ballgame last year) doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Does Toby Foreman want to be head coach at West Orange-Stark? Absolutely. He has made no bones about that in every head coaching interview, including the one with Rodney Saveat. He figures that probably cost him a few of the jobs he was a finalist for but he said he wasn't going to lie just to get the job. This is the type of integrity that Toby Foreman has. So, as a friend of Toby and someone who was one of the first to advise him of the Central job, I must say that I am pretty darned disgusted by the inferences you have been making toward him. As you say, he has brought a level of respectability to the Central program and he deserves a whole heck of a lot better than the inferences that one Jaguar alum has made against him in this thread.

And I thought my friend would be the last to level such charges.

I understand your displeasure with my one 'accusation', but please don't dismiss my other statements that I've said about him and the staff that was a little more tasteful.

I told y'all this fella is still mad from the L they got from wos last year now he's trying to blame coach Forman get real dude what coach is gonna throw the game away if he wants to keep his job? That's so much disrespect to a coach who's bringing yAlls team some good now. But we may not have went to the playoffs them two years but look at the over all record against west orange? I think that's a little more than your two times to the playoffs your talking about buddy.

smh. Believe what you want. Like I said, before, I have nothing against that ptogram and will root them on come playoff time like every other setx team.

Now, y'all get over that loss (not moral victory) and make a state championship run (and yall are good enough to make it happen). I'll root y'all on, contrary to popular belief

I believe that Soulja so wanted a new coach a couple of years ago. He finally got a good coach in Foreman and they are winning again. Now he wants to say he threw a game against WOS. Seems like he and all the HJ fans should form a HE-MAN MUSTANG HATERS CLUB. Or maybe he justs wants to hire DuBois away from HJ?

I believe that Soulja so wanted a new coach a couple of years ago. He finally got a good coach in Foreman and they are winning again. Now he wants to say he threw a game against WOS. Seems like he and all the HJ fans should form a HE-MAN MUSTANG HATERS CLUB. Or maybe he justs wants to hire DuBois away from HJ?

DuBois offense fits Central personnel on O in a weird way :D

smh. Believe what you want. Like I said, before, I have nothing against that ptogram and will root them on come playoff time like every other setx team.

Now, y'all get over that loss (not moral victory) and make a state championship run (and yall are good enough to make it happen). I'll root y'all on, contrary to popular belief

Nope. Nothing about this has any sanctions. He is accusing a local coach of throwing a game. No timeouts or rules as far as I am concerned.

If Soulja is going to be disrespectful to a coach in that manner, then he gets no respect.

oh no sir you misunderstood.   I was not looking for sanctions.  I was pushing for another round!!!

Wow what passion everybody has for their teams it's amazing. I personally would like to discuss FACTS that are present. Culture on the field and before these young men step out on Friday nights, means a great deal as to the performance they will display on the field. The culture at WOS is second to none to any other HS football team in the area. I'm not saying that other teams do not have culture, however, tradition at WOS is strong, deep, and is practiced as early as when these young Stangs are in their pee wee leagues.At WOS its' a culture of community, and commitment that the parents, and coaches, instill verbally that VALUE is not only in the money that a person has , but in the effort that they bring to any project that they are involved in. Winning is tradition at WOS. With that said, WOS stands tall always have always will. The scores of games past and present speak for themselves, would have should have does not count, what truly matters is how motivated these young men are, and how prepared they will be to go out on Friday nights and complete their task.  Go Mustangs and coaches Best Luck to you! 

Sounds like someone hit a nerve! Great Post! No where else will you find coaches and players committed like at WOS, community might have gone AWOL, cause last year not one business in Orange showed support for the Mustangs in Playoffs! That my friend needs to change. Although my son is not in football now (which I regret),I know plenty of kids that lay it on the line each and everyday at practice, because the mentality there is "you play like you practice, so go hard on every play"