Hull-Daisetta will not make the playoffs in 2014!!!!

Skilled95

If any team in setx relies on 89falcon to lead them anywhere they are in a extremely desperate situation, I will pray for that group of young men or women in their time of desperation!

Well the thing is most of the small schools in the deep SETX region are horrible....I know I wouldnt want to take a job there!

We go way back my friend. Don't get hostile. It's just a little friendly peep talking.

Hostile?.. Haha! You must not know me at all. Nobody cares less than I do.

I was just bringing to light the fact that bobcat55 doesn't need a reason for a response like that. But you provoked it...then seemed surprised by it. I was just curious.

I do feel like Lovelady is overrated, based on who they have played, and the fact that HD has beat them the last 3 years. 

This is not a fact.  The last five games in the series:

2009 Lovelady 48 HD 7 (playoff game)

2010 Lovelady 38 HD 7

2011 Lovelady 42 HD 21

2012 HD 10 Lovelady 7

2013 HD 24 Lovelady 6

Your statement that HD has beaten Lovelady three years in a row is mistaken.

Whether they are overrated or not remains to be seen.  They are far from the most talented Lovelady team I've seen; they don't have the number of explosive athletes they've had in the past.  Most of their talent is 9th/10th grade.  They are on the rise and will be for a year or two.  I think they'll go anywhere from 6-4 to 9-1, depending on how the young skill position players pan out.

2010 Lovelady 38 HD 7

2011 Lovelady 42 HD 21

2012 HD 10 Lovelady 7

2013 HD 24 Lovelady 6

Whether they are overrated or not remains to be seen.  They are far from the most talented Lovelady team I've seen; they don't have the number of explosive athletes they've had in the past.  Most of their talent is 9th/10th grade.  They are on the rise and will be for a year or two.  I think they'll go anywhere from 6-4 to 9-1, depending on how the young skill position players pan out.

I would say LL is underrated this year! Those kids have some wheels on em!

Lovelady is a solid squad this year. They played very good ball the second half of last season and ppl forget they went to the 3rd round of the playoffs in DII last season. I honestly think that this district will be a dog fight. Centerville is head and shoulders above the other schools talent wise. But after that..... ????

Groveton - Down a class from last year so the numbers are there and they're Groveton. Off to a rough start though....

Lovelady - 3rd round playoff appearance last year from a lower classification with a team that returns alot

Anderson-Shiro - Showed lots of improvement last season who comes down a division as well. Looking good so far this year

Hull-Daisetta - Back to back district champs from a weaker district.. Numbers are down and young team, but talented at skill postions

West Hardin - You never know when those guys are gonna show up and suprise someone. They are always tough and gritty

Two of those five teams make the playoffs..... at this point in the season, I think it's a total toss-up.

Lovelady is a solid squad this year. They played very good ball the second half of last season and ppl forget they went to the 3rd round of the playoffs in DII last season. I honestly think that this district will be a dog fight. Centerville is head and shoulders above the other schools talent wise. But after that..... ????

Groveton - Down a class from last year so the numbers are there and they're Groveton. Off to a rough start though....

Lovelady - 3rd round playoff appearance last year from a lower classification with a team that returns alot

Anderson-Shiro - Showed lots of improvement last season who comes down a division as well. Looking good so far this year

Hull-Daisetta - Back to back district champs from a weaker district.. Numbers are down and young team, but talented at skill postions

West Hardin - You never know when those guys are gonna show up and suprise someone. They are always tough and gritty

Two of those five teams make the playoffs..... at this point in the season, I think it's a total toss-up.

Groveton: horrible

Lovelady: decent

Anderson-Shiro: horrible

West Hardin: pathetic

HD: horrible

Centerville: good

2010 Lovelady 38 HD 7

2011 Lovelady 42 HD 21

2012 HD 10 Lovelady 7

2013 HD 24 Lovelady 6

My bad 2 years. And I still believe they are overrated.

Thanks for the input 89falcon! So in your opinion with a good and decent team getting in the playoffs.... which horrible team makes it as well?? (That's assuming that horrible is better than pathetic)

Horrible is better than pathetic. The current playoff system resembles standardized grading and assessment in public schools. Everyone gets to participate and "be successful". That is why the worst team in the state will be 0-10 and in the playoffs. It does not mean as much now as it did when HD was a legitimate program in the 70s. Keep in mind that HD's district is among the worst in the state excluding Centerville. Unfortunately, three teams have to go to the playoffs.

89Falcon you must have been on a lot of bad teams are you could not make a football team. You sure have a lot to say about teams that are trying to get better. You was probably in the band that is why you can't say anything positive about a football team.

I played on good teams and bad teams and have coached good teams and bad teams. I say many good things when they are appropriate. I believe that I said 1. Centerville has a good team. 2. Shelbyville would hang 50 on HD. 3. Shelbyville will win district. These are positive for Centerville and Shelbyville. Now what. 

I have to admit, being a member and admin of this website since it started in Dec. '05, 89falcon has to be one of the most bitter, negative and "hater" members this site has ever had. I would say 85% of his posts are negative in some way. He obviously likes "dumping" on teams that are down. I guess you could say he is a "glass half empty" guy.

Cheer up, 89falcon. No one says you have to bring "sunshine and rainbows" every time you post. But the constant negative stuff gets really old.

I have to admit, being a member and admin of this website since it started in Dec. '05, 89falcon has to be one of the most bitter, negative and "hater" members this site has ever had. I would say 85% of his posts are negative in some way. He obviously likes "dumping" on teams that are down. I guess you could say he is a "glass half empty" guy.

Cheer up, 89falcon. No one says you have to bring "sunshine and rainbows" every time you post. But the constant negative stuff gets really old.

Yup! 89falcon or negative nancy as we call him! I feel he has no life and gets a rise out of putting kids down! He needs to find a hobby and quit trolling this site looking to bash kids when they are up or down!

I fill sorry for you if you coached kids the way you talk about teams. Good luck to your old high school hope your school never gets pathetic.

They are not right now but they have been at times. I don't lose sleep either way.

I believe I just listed several examples of me being "positive". I do understand things "getting old". Delusional and ridiculous fans have "gotten old" to me. I will keep keeping it real.

I really believe HD did some terrible things to him, when he Coached against or played against them as a student. He probably has severe flash backs of HD putting a good whooping on him lol. Ole boy is a tad bitter... :D  ;) I understand... cop mentality...

We had them for a scrimmage in the 7th grade but it got cancelled.