**COLLEGE STATION vs. SILSBEE*/CS wins 9-1

Griffin was consistently 73-75 last night. He humped up a couple of times and hit 77-78. The long blond haired kid was around 80-83.

I wasn't there so I'm not going to tell you that your numbers are not accurate. I will tell you that I have personally put all the Silsbee pitchers on the gun, a Stalker 2, and their numbers at the time I checked are higher than what you and deputy20 claim.

Rake1

I wasn't there so I'm not going to tell you that your numbers are not accurate. I will tell you that I have personally put all the Silsbee pitchers on the gun, a Stalker 2, and their numbers at the time I checked are higher than what you and deputy20 claim.

Rake1

Thank you.

I'll take the word from guys who actually coach these kids over a 19-20 year old kid who thinks he knows it all because he is the kid of a local coach.

I also have seen the numbers myself.

Who cares how hard they throw? If a pitcher is effective, he's effective. Hell, whether its 75 or 80 you still have to hit spots and throw decent off speed stuff to keep from getting ripped. Obviously that's what the Silsbee pitchers have done all season in order to get this far. So congratulations on a fine season Tigers, you did what you had to do to win games.

http://www.perfectgame.org/Players/Playerprofile.aspx?ID=346742

Deputy, first, the link to perfect game was 2 years ago........

second, last night he was throwing a cut 2 seam fastball, which is 74-77 mph......

third, when he has been at camps (several), he has hit up to 83 on four seam fastball.

By the way Powell, who you say pitched 80-83 last night, threw at a tryout last week and hit 90 a couple of times on the gun......

The difference is pitching and throwing......

I would take all the Silsbee pitchers any day of any week of any year!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great kids!!!!!!!

Glad you got to sit at home and try to demean these kids and their ability!!!!!!

Yeah would you like to know what I told our head coach about powell. He topped at 83 when he came and tried out and coach asked me if he had a bad day. I told him when he is healthy he is as good as anybody. I told him the kid can flat out pitch when healthy.

Yeah would you like to know what I told our head coach about powell. He topped at 83 when he came and tried out and coach asked me if he had a bad day. I told him when he is healthy he is as good as anybody. I told him the kid can flat out pitch when healthy.

Your coach needs to find other sources than you!

Once again Dumb Deputy,

Powell is not a walk on at Panola....... He is going on a 90%+ scholarship.

It is obvious that you know nothing......ABSOLUTELY!!!!!

I guarantee you that Griffin throws 83-85 top end and Powell throws 90 top end!

Been there and saw both!

must have extended an offer after semester was over and saw what he had coming back

I sat behind a couple of scouts with a gun on College Stations 2nd pitcher. He was consistently 90-92 on their gun while the outfield scoreboard had him 86-88.

Was told the outfield radar was consistently 4-6 mph lower than guns behind plate. This was the case for UH games played there. 

Why would the radar gun at UH be lower? Seems like a easy fix unless UH intentionally sets it lower ?

That's a very good question. When Silsbee played there last year one of the UH guys in press box told me their gun was inconsistent and never matched up with scouts guns behind the plate.

Not sure why they have not corrected it.