**COLLEGE STATION vs. SILSBEE*/CS wins 9-1

Its a cut fastball not a cut 2 seam

Just out of curiosity....

Why would it not be a cut 2 seam if the fingers are offset to one side instead of resting equally on both seams? Seems like if you just group them together and say "cut fastball" then instead of saying "2 seam" or "4 seam" fastball all fastballs would just be "fastballs" with no differentiation. As baseball people we all know announcers, catchers, pitchers, and coaches all separate them from one another so to say the pitch is a "cut 2 seamer" would be the proper description wouldn't it?

Rake1

It's a cut fastball.. Plain and simple

"Hear ye hear ye! On this day it has been proclaimed by the almighty Kountze brain trust that all cut fast balls will be only called "cut fastballs" and the term "2seam and 4 seam" shall not be used in any way, shape, form, or fashion up to and including descriptions of regular fastballs". Failure to recognize this proclamation will result in harsh penalties and public ridicule.

Rake1

Just kidding!!! All in fun. Carry on.

http://www.efastball.com/baseball/pitching/grips/cut-fastball-grip/

Mariano Rivera did quite well with it. Great pitch that's easy on the arm and very effective.

Rake1

Man I missed this whole thing.  Lol.

Next time maybe just say,  "Cut fastball w/ 2 Seam grip".   Maybe they wont get so confused and start on about nothing.

Wait, I'm confused now.  Can you throw the cut fastball with a 4-seam grip?  It might run then.  Dang, what now?

Oh yeah.  You can.  Nevermind. 

I began to go on about nothing.  Lol.