Congrats to Micheal Sam

mat

And I am suggesting to you that if a person was raised in a religion where homosexuality was not looked upon favorably, it might very well be a stretch to "label" that person as a bigot.  If our society comes to the conclusion ( sooner or later) that pedophilia is an "illness" rather than something abnormal, will those who oppose peophilia be considered bigots?

Do you believe you'll be punished if gay marriage is fully legalized... I thought this was a free country. Some people hide behind the bible with real wicked hearts God loves all.

Do you believe you'll be punished if gay marriage is fully legalized... I thought this was a free country. Some people hide behind the bible with real wicked hearts God loves all.

Living in a free country does not mean that you have the freedom to do anything you wish. The things some people say sometimes is truly unbelievable.

I am unable to comment on this thread due to me posting "OMG" on Twitter after "THE KISS". I have been instructed to attend sensitivity classes due to my religious beliefs. Again I have no rights as a Christian.

Christians who play the "woe is me, I have no rights" card should go somewhere where people are actually oppressed due to their religion.

And I am suggesting to you that if a person was raised in a religion where homosexuality was not looked upon favorably, it might very well be a stretch to "label" that person as a bigot. If our society comes to the conclusion ( sooner or later) that pedophilia is an "illness" rather than something abnormal, will those who oppose peophilia be considered bigots?

You believing homosexuality is wrong does not make you a bigot. If you were to say, refuse service to someone because they were homosexual, or treat them as a lesser person, then yes, I would consider you a bigot.

But Westend, doesn't the Muslim faith frown upon gay marriage and promotes unequal treatment of women?  Isnt that the very "bigotry" that you wont tolerate?

Like most religions, times change.  I try to look past the crazy fanaticals, just like I do with the Christians and any other religion.  You have nuts in all of them. 

As a nation we are growing more and more dependent on man's wisdom and rules in the name of civil rights, political correctness and our constitutional rights. (which is being disgracefully warped as time goes on) The result is we are growing further and further away from God's word, His wisdom and favor. We are growing arrogant and foolish enough to think we have all the answers and can omit God and biblical principles from our culture and expect success. Just look at our leaders. We should never put man, America or the constitution before God. Man has redefined fairness, correctness, sin and even Christianity. To continue on this patch will be the downfall of this country; just sit back and watch.

2 Chronicles 7:14 - If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sins, and heal their land.

God never changes nor does his word.

Malachi 3:6 - I the Lord do not change....

James 1:17 - What ever is good and perfect comes to us from God above, who created all heavens light. Unlike them, he never changes or casts shifting light.

Our God does not change, just as scripture states. He sacrificed his Son for our sins and that's when his overwhelming grace was introduced. He extended a love that we can not truly comprehend; a love that was always there. There are many more layers to God than you or I can conceive but he does not change. By the same token, when Jesus Christ returns we will see another layer that has never been seen before.

If someone is not a Christian why shouldn't they be allowed to marry same sex. forcing all to live under the religion they wish to impose. They're stripping somebody there right to marry who they want because it goes against their religion. ...I'm A Christian so I do naturally Agree being gay is wrong in God eyes. But what if another group was imposing there religious beliefs in our lives.

If someone is not a Christian why shouldn't they be allowed to marry same sex. forcing all to live under the religion they wish to impose. They're stripping somebody there right to marry who they want because it goes against their religion. ...I'm A Christian so I do naturally Agree being gay is wrong in God eyes. But what if another group was imposing there religious beliefs in our lives.

Aren't you glad you live in a free country where you can denounce the major religion in a public forum? Why not try that in India, China, or Iran? Ask those countries what they think of gays.

Why does being gay have to be wrong only in God's eyes? Homosexuality is a perversion that has been vilified for centuries. Using the excuse that America is a free country as the catalyst for homosexuality to be accepted as the norm, is a terrible way to interpret our rights and freedoms.

This country is still a democracy where the majority rules. Why is it that your stances seem to imply that the majority is always wrong? The odds are against that being the case.