Congrats to Micheal Sam

mat

He racked up sacks against terrible competition his final year.

study the tape.

IM not against him having success in the NFL.

But if he gets cut from a team......I can already see the MEDIA blowing this up.....along with the GAY community and probably Obama as well.

If he were to get cut, I am sure there would be some attempt at legislation to assure "fairness" in professional sports.  Lois Lerner may become the "fairness" Czar.

He racked up sacks against terrible competition his final year.

study the tape.

IM not against him having success in the NFL.

But if he gets cut from a team......I can already see the MEDIA blowing this up.....along with the GAY community and probably Obama as well.

I agree.

Sounds reasonable.  However, you might find differences when defining "treat them as a lesser person".

Do you condemn the Muslim faith for its beliefs and activities?

No, of course not. Of course, certain Muslims perform acts that I condemn, but the same can be said of certain Christians.

No, but Jonestown and Koresh do come to mind.

Yea right...two madmen are  exactly the same as a Muslim country applying laws that condemn Christians (or any OTHER religion) to death.

From the article:

Sudan's penal code criminalizes the conversion of Muslims into other religions, which is punishable by death.

The left is always bashing Christians for views they hold such as disagreeing with homosexuality but never can grow a pair when it comes to condemning acts such as this.

Yea right...two madmen are  exactly the same as a Muslim country applying laws that condemn Christians (or any OTHER religion) to death.

From the article:

Sudan's penal code criminalizes the conversion of Muslims into other religions, which is punishable by death.

The left is always bashing Christians for views they hold such as disagreeing with homosexuality but never can grow a pair when it comes to condemning acts such as this.

Everybody I know condemns it.    What are you talking about?

We're already there.

you have no idea what you're talking about. SOME Christians think that by not being able to forcefeed Christianity they're being oppressed. There are Christian channels on tv, church services air on major networks on Sunday, kids can gather and pray at school and wear Christian shirts, you can attend church every day of the week if you want (and multiple times on weekends if you so choose) at any of the probably 1500 or more churches just in SETX, you can send your kids to Christian pre-k, Christian elementary schools, Christian middle schools, Christian high schools, and Christian Colleges, you can talk to anyone you want about Christianity, and i really could go on and on and on and on and on and on, but if you choose not to get it by this point, you surely won't with the other 1000 examples i could offer you. In some countries, people are killed for being Christian, have to meet in locked houses and keep their faith a secret for fear of having their families tortured and murdered. That is oppression. Not your inability to justify the decisions you would care to make for OTHER people's lifestyle based on YOUR religion.

Too often Christians get confused about their rights as Christian versus their lack of rights when it comes to forcing Christianity on those who don't believe, or their lack of rights when it comes to using Christianity to dictate the rights of non-believers.

An example of "rights" I've heard Christians talk about losing:

"We cant broadcast our Christian prayer over the high school intercom? We're losing our rights as Christians!" This is flawed reasoning, as Christians not only have the right to pray anywhere and anytime they like while at school, but schools also must allow Christians to gather and meet before and/or after school to pray. So the only "right" being lost is the "right" to force non-Christians to become a part of your prayer.

Everybody I know condemns it.    What are you talking about?

If a Christian group were to do something like this it would be all you were reading about.

Are you really going to tell me the left is as critical of the Muslim religion and acts that have been done in on its behalf as is is on anything Christians espouse.

You just proved the point with your ridiculous comparison...what Christian religion gave the OK to Jones and Koresh?

you have no idea what you're talking about. SOME Christians think that by not being able to forcefeed Christianity they're being oppressed. There are Christian channels on tv, church services air on major networks on Sunday, kids can gather and pray at school and wear Christian shirts, you can attend church every day of the week if you want (and multiple times on weekends if you so choose) at any of the probably 1500 or more churches just in SETX, you can send your kids to Christian pre-k, Christian elementary schools, Christian middle schools, Christian high schools, and Christian Colleges, you can talk to anyone you want about Christianity, and i really could go on and on and on and on and on and on, but if you choose not to get it by this point, you surely won't with the other 1000 examples i could offer you. In some countries, people are killed for being Christian, have to meet in locked houses and keep their faith a secret for fear of having their families tortured and murdered. That is oppression. Not your inability to justify the decisions you would care to make for OTHER people's lifestyle based on YOUR religion.

Too often Christians get confused about their rights as Christian versus their lack of rights when it comes to forcing Christianity on those who don't believe, or their lack of rights when it comes to using Christianity to dictate the rights of non-believers.

An example of "rights" I've heard Christians talk about losing:

"We cant broadcast our Christian prayer over the high school intercom? We're losing our rights as Christians!" This is flawed reasoning, as Christians not only have the right to pray anywhere and anytime they like while at school, but schools also must allow Christians to gather and meet before and/or after school to pray. So the only "right" being lost is the "right" to force non-Christians to become a part of your prayer.

What about Christians that own a business and lose their right not to provide health care that covers abortion?

If a Christian group were to do something like this it would be all you were reading about.

Are you really going to tell me the left is as critical of the Muslim religion and acts that have been done in on its behalf as is is on anything Christians espouse.

You just proved the point with your ridiculous comparison...what Christian religion gave the OK to Jones and Koresh?

Moving the goalpost again, I see.  You said you don't see many Christians doing crazy stuff.  But there are plenty of examples

What about Christians that own a business and lose their right not to provide health care that covers abortion?

In one ear and out the other.  Again, the law has decided that Christians cannot use THEIR religion to dictate the LEGAL actions of OTHER people.  Sorry that business owners have been oppressed by not being able to oppress their employees, though. 

Moving the goalpost again, I see.  You said you don't see many Christians doing crazy stuff.  But there are plenty of examples

Some would care to judge whole religions based on the action of some, while being judged on individual merits when it comes to their own religion and circumstances. 

In one ear and out the other.  Again, the law has decided that Christians cannot use THEIR religion to dictate the LEGAL actions of OTHER people.  Sorry that business owners have been oppressed by not being able to oppress their employees, though. 

How are they oppressing them...you want insurance that covers abortion, go and buy it yourself...I should not have to provide it.

Some would care to judge whole religions based on the action of some, while being judged on individual merits when it comes to their own religion and circumstances. 

Why don't you get off the soapbox and do some research on the action of "some" that are occurring in Muslim countries...you might actually learn something.

How are they oppressing them...you want insurance that covers abortion, go and buy it yourself...I should not have to provide it.

again, trying to avoid providing an insurance that provides a legal medical procedure based on their own beliefs... using YOUR religion to dictate the rights of someone else. 

So bullets/westend, do you think the Muslim and Christian faiths treat women equally? 

obviously not, but things will continue to improve.  as is often the case, poor, 3rd world countries are well behind the modern world when it comes in advances, both in technology AND in civil rights.  it's not an excuse, but realistically, we're only a couple of generations removed from good Christians openly discriminating against African Americans and most men holding the belief that women belong only the kitchen in the bedroom. 

obviously not, but things will continue to improve.  as is often the case, poor, 3rd world countries are well behind the modern world when it comes in advances, both in technology AND in civil rights.  it's not an excuse, but realistically, we're only a couple of generations removed from good Christians openly discriminating against African Americans and most men holding the belief that women belong only the kitchen in the bedroom. 

Wow...not sure where that came from.

Muslims that call for the death penalty for adultery and leaving the Muslim faith will get better but Christians will get worse and worse.