Congrats to Micheal Sam

mat

this is a tread for a gay black man. And you posted that crap. Are you saying the media doesn't cover whites who fear god and don't rely on government. Im Curious Peyton Manning Tom Brady Tony Romo get covered move than any other nfl player.

tim Tebow is white and he loves the Lord.

I was a little reluctant to even start this thread because there is too many merry go round debates on race and gays. My main complaint wasn't with Sam but was with the media and the agenda. This story may fade a little but it will not go away.

I was a little reluctant to even start this thread because there is too many merry go round debates on race and gays. My main complaint wasn't with Sam but was with the media and the agenda. This story may fade a little but it will not go away.

I agree about the media pushing this..most sportcasters are no different than most other journalists/commentators and are part of the liberal media, for example Keith Olberman and Bob Costas. 

ESPN was wrong to show this kiss...kids have no reason to be exposed and it was irresponsible on their part...but no accident.

If there any guys that were drafted who are white, straight, believe in God,  do not expect the government to take care of them, and do not view themselves as victims, I would like to offer my congratulations to them for making it in spite of very difficult circumstances.

Race Card Alert!!!!!!

I doubt that any pro player relies on  government.  You simply don't understand my point and lets leave it at that.  I am one of those guys who refuses to be bullied into" proving" that he is not racist because I resent the "
assumption" that I am and that I have to say or do something to prove I am not.  Yes, this thread is about a gay black who was drafted into the NFL.  However, some posted their feelings( not me) that it doesn't need to be "shoved down their throat" by the media.  Do you "get" that?

Hmmm? Sounds like you are a victim to "something." C'mon Nash, we're listening and I'm sure most of us want to listen to your vic..errr  concerns. Daddy told me to watch out and take care of my older brother from another momma.

Hmmm? Sounds like you are a victim to "something." C'mon Nash, we're listening and I'm sure most of us want to listen to your vic..errr  concerns. Daddy told me to watch out and take care of my older brother from another momma.

My concern is that political correctness, carried to the extreme degree, is going to be our downfall.

You are too late Dove. PamFam10 and BigGirl are ahead of you. I traded in a car of mine last week. I am not going to reveal the color of it. If I did, it would cause a major furor. (even though I replaced it with an identical exterior)

Oh no!!! Did you decide on the white car? Please tell me you decided on the rainbow colored model instead!!!! 

It's sad we live in a world where someone sells more jerseys than anyone else because they're gay, and not because they are a good football player.

I agree, it is sad...we are to celebrate that a player with an openly sinful lifestyle is drafted.

Wonder why they aren't finding who the most prolific adulterer is and hold them up in such high esteem? 

My concern is that political correctness, carried to the extreme degree, is going to be our downfall.

In other words, lets bring back " the old established order."  That "order" some of us may agree on brought (image) this country down in the eyes of the world court.

The same people whining about gays kissing in public had (?)   have the same mentality when they saw mixed couples in public or on tv. Some of yall just hide behind different causes now, because it Ain't Cool (AC) or Politically Correct (PC) denounce those things now.

The preceding comments  were not directed directly at Steve Nash

I think it's funny that you are praised as a hero for being gay(Michael Sam) and constantly bashed for being a Christian(Tebow).

If this whats it takes to desensitize bias, then so be it. Maybe some people were more upset with Tebow creating an opportunity for himself and not his values on religion. Personally, I didn't keep up with Tebow or Mike Sam. I have to admit, I did make faces when I saw the kiss. But thats only because I'm not yet programmed mentally into two men kissing. But maybe in 20 years, this too will pass. 

Dove, That's what bothers me about civil rights, prejudices and political correctness. Race, gender and gay rights are grouped together. I fully support racial and gender equality because that is what God would want. It is a Christian view that gay rights is not something God would not approve of. Love the sinner, hate the sin. If I were a minority race I would have serious concerns about being grouped into the same civil rights bowl. JMO

I think it's funny that you are praised as a hero for being gay(Michael Sam) and constantly bashed for being a Christian(Tebow).

Good point...there were so many (even on this board) that said that Tebow was only getting the attention he was getting because he was a Christian and they didn't like it, but a 7th round draft pick getting so much attention because he's gay...no problem.

why didn't I see any straight man kissing his wife/girlfriend when they got drafted.....where was that at....did it not happen or did it happen and media didn't want to show it......there's your proof where the media stands

Sam knew the camera's were on him.....

media also showed a kid propose to his girlfriend after he was drafted so....

In other words, lets bring back " the old established order."  That "order" some of us may agree on brought (image) this country down in the eyes of the world court.

The same people whining about gays kissing in public had (?)   have the same mentality when they saw mixed couples in public or on tv. Some of yall just hide behind different causes now, because it Ain't Cool (AC) or Politically Correct (PC) denounce those things now.

The preceding comments  were not directed directly at Steve Nash

You can overdose on anything, including water (which is supposed to be good for you) My hope is that Mr. Sam got drafted based on his ability to play football and not because of his sexual orientation. My other hope is that his the "emotional" side of this news be omitted. I do not see a benefit to society for this type of reporting just as I did not see the benefit to society for having gay marriage ceremonies on the Oscars or halftimes of televised national sporting events. When those that "fall in love with an animal" demand more equal and fair treatment, will it be necessary for the nation to view their methods of affection?

I think it's funny that you are praised as a hero for being gay(Michael Sam) and constantly bashed for being a Christian(Tebow).

I agree. The kiss was disgusting.. I hsve a cousin who is gay, she said that the thought of being with a man makes her sick to her stomach and she thinks it is "yucky". I didnt get offended because that is her opinion. I dont care if I am polically correct. I love tim Tebow.

If this whats it takes to desensitize bias, then so be it. Maybe some people were more upset with Tebow creating an opportunity for himself and not his values on religion. Personally, I didn't keep up with Tebow or Mike Sam. I have to admit, I did make faces when I saw the kiss. But thats only because I'm not yet programmed mentally into two men kissing. But maybe in 20 years, this too will pass. 

Appreciate the honesty.....and so did I

i think it's funny that people are still pretending that Tebow got bashed for being Christian. Obviously there were a few nutters, but nothing like what his biggest supporters pretend happened ever even came close to actually happening.

The criticism Sam has gotten from many people is what Tebow's fans pretend that he got. Tebow got criticized as a QB, and his fans blamed it on his Christianity, not his 150 yards a game of total offense. Let Tebow go. There's a reason he's not on a roster right now, and it's not his Christian views. He was terrible. Great guy, awful quarterback.