Congrats to Micheal Sam

mat

When I heard that Michael Sam was drafted in the seventh round I thought good for him. Then it became the biggest story in not just the sports world but in the nation. "The kiss" was aired countless times on all networks including ESPN. The media has sensationalized the story to annoyance. Obama felt the need to congratulate him personally on his seventh round accomplishment. I'm suppose there were not any other draftees with accomplishments as commendable worthy.

You see, its not enough for me and others to just except him as a person, football player or even a gay man. We are forced to endure the relentless promotion of his story that includes having to repeatedly watch "the kiss" as we try to watch ESPN. Plus we have to accept his hero status as our president sings his praise. Simple acceptance is not enough. The constant "in your face" is something Christians have a hard time with. JMO

I'll say this, I agree that it should not be sensationalized. But it's also important to remember that Michael Sam is not being filmed on hundreds of different occasions kissing his boyfriend. He did so once, in what was probably the happiest moment of his life, just as hundreds if not thousands of young men have done before in the exact same situation. The media, and not the young man, have chosen to plaster this all over the news. This is not an "in your face" act by Sam. He did something we all do with our significant others when we get great news. The media has chosen to show it over and over, not Michael Sam.

I'll say this, I agree that it should not be sensationalized. But it's also important to remember that Michael Sam is not being filmed on hundreds of different occasions kissing his boyfriend. He did so once, in what was probably the happiest moment of his life, just as hundreds if not thousands of young men have done before in the exact same situation. The media, and not the young man, have chosen to plaster this all over the news. This is not an "in your face" act by Sam. He did something we all do with our significant others when we get great news. The media has chosen to show it over and over, not Michael Sam.

Which documents the fact that the media is in the tank for the current administration.

I'm glad I kept reading because these are my exact sentiments. The media is selling news.

If there any guys that were drafted who are white, straight, believe in God,  do not expect the government to take care of them, and do not view themselves as victims, I would like to offer my congratulations to them for making it in spite of very difficult circumstances.

If there any guys that were drafted who are white, straight, believe in God, do not expect the government to take care of them, and do not view themselves as victims, I would like to offer my congratulations to them for making it in spite of very difficult circumstances.

your damn racist.

IF you don't already understand the purpose, it will do no good to try to explain it.  Perhaps some others on this board might want to interpret for you.  You might wish to exercise caution when throwing out the racist accusations particularly when you don't grasp the context in which something was written.  But if you are truly offended, you should complain to the moderators.

I doubt that any pro player relies on  government.  You simply don't understand my point and lets leave it at that.  I am one of those guys who refuses to be bullied into" proving" that he is not racist because I resent the "
assumption" that I am and that I have to say or do something to prove I am not.  Yes, this thread is about a gay black who was drafted into the NFL.  However, some posted their feelings( not me) that it doesn't need to be "shoved down their throat" by the media.  Do you "get" that?

Michael Sam did not shy away from the media attention he was given for being gay and it overshadowed everything else.  He relished the spot light of being the first "openly gay" player drafted.  It is really ashame that someones sexual oreintation, when someone is gay, is the center piece of their very existence.  It is very sad times we live in!!!

this is a tread for a gay black man. And you posted that crap. Are you saying the media doesn't cover whites who fear god and don't rely on government. Im Curious Peyton Manning Tom Brady Tony Romo get covered move than any other nfl player.

Manning and Brady are pretty damn good players who make big plays, move the ball down the field and get it to the open guys who can make plays.  Romo??? He is overrated and gets the coverage only because Jethro Jones makes sure the cowgirls are constantly talked about!!!

I doubt that any pro player relies on government. You simply don't understand my point and lets leave it at that. I am one of those guys who refuses to be bullied into" proving" that he is not racist because I resent the "
assumption" that I am and that I have to say or do something to prove I am not. Yes, this thread is about a gay black who was drafted into the NFL. However, some posted their feelings( not me) that it doesn't need to be "shoved down their throat" by the media. Do you "get" that?

if I don't understand I ask multiple times for a explanation. Maybe you just have nothing to say on it. I dont bully at all I just started how I felt the same way you did...it's just opinions.

this is a tread for a gay black man. And you posted that crap. Are you saying the media doesn't cover whites who fear god and don't rely on government. Im Curious Peyton Manning Tom Brady Tony Romo get covered move than any other nfl player.

I saw it as a thread about a football player. But you apparently see it as a thread to label a football player as a gay, black man. So i should refer to Romo as an overrated Italian with gay tendencies. That's just how I see him.

I saw it as a thread about a football player. But you apparently see it as a thread to label a football player as a gay, black man. So i should refer to Romo as an overrated Italian with gay tendencies. That's just how I see him.

you cant say Michael sam without saying gay I only brought his race in a convo with nash.....I hate the Cowboys but I wouldn't say romo has gay tendencies ....he stay with woman...wait nevermind.