gun free zones!

Chicago is really a bad test subject considering the drug wars gang wars they have going on. I seriously doubt any gun laws are going to stop the violence.

Okay, with similar cities, Chicago appears to have a much larger problem with gangs. Why is that? 

I just keep wasp spray by the bed. the chain email i read said it was definitely effective against attackers... ;) but i hear they're banning the spray that travels 20 ft. Too dangerous. Obama is pushing through legislation that will limit us to only purchasing wasp spray that will shoot out ten feet.

where did you get your info from

this here shows that a lot of the left have become obamabots. Can't think for themselves.

Statistics prove your all wrong.

Its okay to admit fault sometimes.....its a good character trait to have.

and pamfam there's gangs in Houston too

I'm a very smart individual Just because I dont agree with you doesn't make me a robot incapable of thinking for myself. I live in Houston and Houston have gangs but nothing like Chicago .. But remember after Katrina how dangerous Houston got I believe they peaked somewhere in the top 3. Gun laws or no gun laws your not going to stop a gang/drug war.

I just keep wasp spray by the bed. the chain email i read said it was definitely effective against attackers... ;) but i hear they're banning the spray that travels 20 ft. Too dangerous. Obama is pushing through legislation that will limit us to only purchasing wasp spray that will shoot out ten feet.

where did you get your info from

The pest control division of the NRA is vigorously opposing this legislation.

PAMFAM, make an argument.

Post some links where gun control laws have been successful.

Dude my point is that gun laws do not change anything ...When I say I'm in favor for gun laws I'm talking keeping those with multiple weapons charges locked up(These are the most likely to kill.) I also believe you shouldn't be able to purchase guns online. Every gun should be registered. I really think that's a fair deal.

Dude my point is that gun laws do not change anything ...When I say I'm in favor for gun laws I'm talking keeping those with multiple weapons charges locked up(These are the most likely to kill.) I also believe you shouldn't be able to purchase guns online. Every gun should be registered. I really think that's a fair deal.

What will me registering my 15 or so firearms do to deter crime, even if I was committing crimes with them?

What will me registering my 15 or so firearms do to deter crime, even if I was committing crimes with them?

OK I'm a Just come out and say it you guys are changing my mind on the whole gun issue but I'll STAND STRONG on not arming teachers and serious background checks.

Don't take this the wrong way you don't have to answer and I'll respect if you choose not because of privacy this is no attack but 15 wow what's the purpose. .I might just missed the sarcasm.

About 25 years ago I might have had double that many but when I got divorced, I wanted to eat more than I wanted guns. 

Why do I "need" that many? I don't. I don't need four televisions in my home and I don't need about two dozen flashlights and I don't need two sets of golf clubs and I don't need about 15 fishing rods. 

But I want them. 

I routinely carry four different handguns on me (sometimes more than one at a time) for various reasons, usually depending on clothing or situation. I have three different rifles that I deer hunt with. I have two shotguns, an AK47, an SKS and an AR15. The AK and SKS are for fun and the AR is for duty/self defense. I have (I think) three different .22 rifles that are just fun and cheaper to shoot..... when I can find ammo for them. I have a few others that I just have for grins but wouldn't mind selling some of them if I could get what they are worthy. 

Even if I was committing crimes with them, what could you do with them being registered? The bullets rounds or shell cases might stay at the crime scenes. The serial numbers do not. We don't pick up such evidence at crime scenes and determine what the serial number of the firearm is. We "might" be able to tell the brand that the round or shell cases came out of but without having the gun in hand, even that doesn't amount to anything. 

OK I'm a Just come out and say it you guys are changing my mind on the whole gun issue but I'll STAND STRONG on not arming teachers and serious background checks.

I have no issue with background checks. 

I really don't care if they arm teachers or not but I think it should be some form of an option. TX law now allows a school district to name a certain number of teachers per campus as "marshals" that can carry but without being known. It is up to the district if they want to use that option. To do so, the teacher has to go through an 80 hour course. 

Looking at what happened in some or all of the mass school shootings, a teacher with a gun could have stopped it early and not by going after the shooter like a cop but my merely staying in place and waiting for the shooter to come in range. For example at VA Tech, the shooter forced his way into classrooms where the people inside had no escape. They heard the shots fired and heard him coming but had no option other than to sit and wait to die. Had an armed person been inside of those rooms, the shooter simply could have been shot through the door or wait until he takes his first step inside. I think in a couple of the rooms the instructors tried to barricade the door and stop him but with little success but one teacher did manage to keep; him out. Had one of the first rooms had an armed teacher, instead of 32 deaths and 17 people wounded by the gunman, we might have had another 20 people live and many not wounded.