gun free zones!

Guess that's why they choose to shoot up police stations and army bases huh

So you are all for gun free zones and more stringent gun control laws...just asking, because I'm not sure from your comment.

By the way, not everyone on a military base carries a weapon.

Why wouldn't Chicago be a safe haven if more restrictive gun control laws worked?

If some one Makes a decision to kill they're not worried if it's a gun free Zone just my opinion. . I do however believe people should be able to carry license [HANDGUN] almost anywhere

Careful there, PAMFAM10,  believing people should be able to carry a licensed handgun is a contention of the right.  Are you sure you can handle believing in something that the left believes in?

I have no way to verify the actual numbers this article claims, but it's common sense stuff.  The more responders you have, and the quicker their response, the less casualties you will take.  I wish that every school had at least an officer, and i wholeheartedly support schools having teachers who carry as well, assuming that they complete a training far more stringent than what it takes to obtain a CHL.  My mom is a teacher and has her CHL, and i wouldn't be particularly comfortable with her shooting at anything even remotely near my general direction (sorry mom).  but give teachers extensive training in shooting, target acquisition, situational training, etc., and i'm all for them being able to carry.

Teachers with guns bad idea school with armed officers and arm security better idea

Why are teachers with guns a bad idea?  i mean, i can understand SOME teachers with guns being a bad idea, but that's what the extensive training is for.  I think it's safe to say many (or most) districts cant afford to hire officers and armed security for every school in their district.  For even medium-sized districts that would add millions in payroll per year. While I'd love for that to be possible, it's just simply not in many districts.   To me, let teachers take the training, and if they can qualify under the rigid guidelines, then let them bring a weapon to school.  you can set regs on the types and calibers of weapons, as well as the types of ammunition used, to ensure that teachers have the most effective defense options available, while protecting against the possibility of a child being hit through a wall or through the bad guy.  at least in younger "huggy" grades, it would be important that teachers keep their weapon locked up in their classroom.  It's not optimal, but it all but eliminates the possibility of an accident.  if you have a few teachers spread out around the school with access to weapons, no matter where an incident starts you should have somebody close that can get to and access a weapon, and step in and engage the suspect.  the principal/vice principals are other logical choices for this.

I just say I will feel more comfortable knowing a trained officer or personal who deal with guns for a living Around my child than my child math teacher. I can imagine the chaos wrongful use of weapon teacher/student argument ending with a weapon drawn too much on the teacher. imo a officer or security down each Hall should do the trick.

So yeah is this a debate on what is cheaper or what is safer. I just think Teachers shouldn't have to be put in what law enforcement should be doing.

Yet the state in the last session created teacher police officers with full law enforcement powers on campus except for traffic.