gun free zones!

Police officers would be preferred but expensive. PA for example has 14 campuses I think, x $50,000 salary (which is low, right TVC?) = $700,000 per year for one officer on campus verses 3 or 4 well trained armed teachers per campus at no cost.

What PA does is to contract with PAPD for off duty officers and it would cost almost $800,000 to staff every campus (if there are 14) with a single officer for 40 weeks a year. This however is cheaper than having their own PD since they don't have to provide vehicles, insurance, matching social security and medicare taxes, etc. 

Our officers work for $35 per hour off duty or roughly a salary of a person making almost $73,000 per year. There would be savings because they would not have to be there when school was no in session. 

Every gun I've ever bought from a dealer I've had to fill out extensive paperwork with all my info on it!  The criminals dont buy guns from dealers most of them are stolen by the scum that misuses them!

My sister is a teacher and she says they don't pay her to carry a gun. They pay her to teach. I cant understand why people are so adamantly opposed to background checks being mandatory.

I don't think people are really opposed to background checks. They are opposed to registration. 

If they pass a law that says I have to get a background check even to buy from an individual and pay a $10 tax/fee to get it, great. I am all for that and so would most people. The government is using the background check as a back door means of registration. They don't want you to merely get checked but want you to list the gun that you are buying for their records. The fear of that is confiscation. 

I don't have a constitutional right to a television yet I have several and the government is not having me document my serial numbers or keeping a record of how many I have. I can name any number of other items that come with serial number that I have no constitutional right to own yet the government does not care nor requires anything from me. I have the constitutional right to own firearms and yet the government wants to know how many and how they can track them by serial number. Name the logic in that. 

It isn't the background checks that people are in fear of. Even the NRA is not against banning felons from possessing firearms. Background checks is a code phrase for registration. 

My sister is a teacher and she says they don't pay her to carry a gun. They pay her to teach. I cant understand why people are so adamantly opposed to background checks being mandatory.

I don't understand the rationale of what she is being paid to do. It has nothing to do with it. 

If a person does not want to carry a gun, great. I don't want that person to do so because if it is unwilling, it will be more dangerous than being without one. The idea of "I am not getting paid" however seems like a union stance of, "That's not my job". You know, where a guy asks another to hand him a hammer on a construction site but the guy near him is a pipe fitter and not a carpenter so he won't do it. Get the "someone that is in the "right" union to hand it to you. 

A teacher does have the job of protecting students. When they have fire drills or meetings of what do when something does happen like a lock down or shelter in place, does the teacher get to opt out because, "My job is to teach"? 

Again, if a person doesn't want a gun then that person should not carry one or be made to carry one. That should not stop someone else from doing so. Teachers or administrators that are armed have not changed their duties and become police officers, they just now have a way to respond in case something very bad does happen other than simply sitting in a classroom saying, "That is not what I am paid to do so I will sit here and die along side the rest of you". 

I don't think people are really opposed to background checks. They are opposed to registration.

If they pass a law that says I have to get a background check even to buy from an individual and pay a $10 tax/fee to get it, great. I am all for that and so would most people. The government is using the background check as a back door means of registration. They don't want you to merely get checked but want you to list the gun that you are buying for their records. The fear of that is confiscation.

I don't have a constitutional right to a television yet I have several and the government is not having me document my serial numbers or keeping a record of how many I have. I can name any number of other items that come with serial number that I have no constitutional right to own yet the government does not care nor requires anything from me. I have the constitutional right to own firearms and yet the government wants to know how many and how they can track them by serial number. Name the logic in that.

It isn't the background checks that people are in fear of. Even the NRA is not against banning felons from possessing firearms. Background checks is a code phrase for registration.

what is wrong with having to register a gun?

what is wrong with having to register a gun?

Apparently you missed the point about confiscation. 

Why should the government know what you own legally? Does your right to privacy allow the government to know what you own? Maybe our voting should be made public and no need for booths anymore.