gun free zones!

What's YOUR solution?

responsibility they had this document on kids who kill on the discovery ID channel it covered all kinds of school mass shootings. In every single case the kid used their parents guns.. I bring up kids because school shootings are mostly done by students.

responsibility they had this document on kids who kill on the discovery ID channel it covered all kinds of school mass shootings. In every single case the kid used their parents guns.. I bring up kids because school shootings are mostly done by students.

That's your solution...really?

OK, say a student steals a gun rather than gets one from his parents and enters the school...what's your solution to stop them?

You no its extremely difficult for a 16 year old to steal a gun from a responsible gun owner.

OK...they buy one illegally on the street...we can do this all day but I won't...you don't seem to have any solution to stop a shooter that enters a school.

Arming teachers that are trained is a great solution IMO and if a shooter did enter the school and I had a child in there, I would want someone in the IMMEDIATE area that could stop them...several actually.

That's why we have cops all I hear is money its cheaper just to have a teacher holding. Put more cops in schools its that simple.

No it's not that simple...police don't work for free and many ISDs could not afford police on every campus.

Pamfam, do you not think that a teacher can be capable or handling a gun?

As sick as it makes me to read about these shootings, it makes me equally as sick to read about these teachers that died that ran TOWARDS the gunfire or try and hold a door to protect these kids without a gun...they are going to try to protect the kids whether armed or not...I would like to give them the option to be able to run towards the gunfire or stand behind the door with a weapon...for theirs and the kid's sake.

Lets just appoint a Czar and make him responsible for the safety of kids in school. Of course, we will need to make a budget for this program and lets start out at 2 billion dollars. (since it is the government running the program, that cost will double in a very short time) How are we going to pay for this well intended program?

Lets just appoint a Czar and make him responsible for the safety of kids in school. Of course, we will need to make a budget for this program and lets start out at 2 billion dollars. (since it is the government running the program, that cost will double in a very short time) How are we going to pay for this well intended program?

dude you do understand cops are already present in schools im just advocating for a few more

I agree with that....one is better than none.

Though it is a minority, but I would say that btw 4 and 8 people would carry one on each campus in BMT ISD......and I bet that number would go up for the surrounding school districts. And I say that because I am very well connected to most schools in the BMT ISD as well as the surrounding schools.

I also believe that someone in the front office should carry one.

I wasnt aware that any school in BISD has experienced a mass shooting and I doubt that they will.

No it's not that simple...police don't work for free and many ISDs could not afford police on every campus.

Pamfam, do you not think that a teacher can be capable or handling a gun?

As sick as it makes me to read about these shootings, it makes me equally as sick to read about these teachers that died that ran TOWARDS the gunfire or try and hold a door to protect these kids without a gun...they are going to try to protect the kids whether armed or not...I would like to give them the option to be able to run towards the gunfire or stand behind the door with a weapon...for theirs and the kid's sake.

why dont we just ban assault weapons, Reagan did.

Again, I have no problems with a background check. It is none of the government's business on what I own however.

And honestly, if a person decides to shoot up a school and kill children for which he will either recieve the death penalty, be killed by the police or will commit suicide, what gun law will stop his actions?

how fobyoubfeel about having to register your cars?

What if a teacher decides to carry an assault weapon and one of her students' takes it from him/her and kills the entire class. Have you guys thought about that scenario.?

Every school would have a trained bazooka handler for such scenarios...come on BG, really?

That's like saying I'm not going to wear my seat belt because I might run off the road and drown in a ditch because I can't get it off.

I'm all for teachers carrying on the job ...you're not...let's just agree to disagree.