gun free zones!

Every school would have a trained bazooka handler for such scenarios...come on BG, really?

That's like saying I'm not going to wear my seat belt because I might run off the road and drown in a ditch because I can't get it off.

I'm all for teachers carrying on the job ...you're not...let's just agree to disagree.

where would the guns be stored? In a safe? By the time the safe is opened 15 people would have lost their lives. The teacher who is trying to open the safe would probably be the first one to get shot.

I think mass school shootings are the worst. But they are rare so giving thousands of teachers guns to stop a shooter that most likely will never show will cause more harm than good.

TRANSLATION: The government cannot be the "end all be all" solution for every problem that arises.

where would the guns be stored? In a safe? By the time the safe is opened 15 people would have lost their lives. The teacher who is trying to open the safe would probably be the first one to get shot.

if you're suggesting that the shooter knew which room to go to first in order to take out the teacher that had the gun, i suppose this scenario could somehow happen.  but what if there were multiple teachers with safes?  they make small safes that are opened by fingerprints that are fairly inexpensive (certainly cheaper than the full-time police officer that schools cannot or will not afford).  that's all it would take. and if 15 were killed before the safe were opened, which would take a matter of seconds, then there would be 50 or more killed before the police arrived on scene, so again all the more reason to have someone in place that's ready to respond, as opposed to having to wait a few minutes (city) or many minutes (country) for a law enforcement response. 

if you're suggesting that the shooter knew which room to go to first in order to take out the teacher that had the gun, i suppose this scenario could somehow happen. but what if there were multiple teachers with safes? they make small safes that are opened by fingerprints that are fairly inexpensive (certainly cheaper than the full-time police officer that schools cannot or will not afford). that's all it would take. and if 15 were killed before the safe were opened, which would take a matter of seconds, then there would be 50 or more killed before the police arrived on scene, so again all the more reason to have someone in place that's ready to respond, as opposed to having to wait a few minutes (city) or many minutes (country) for a law enforcement response.

so it is okay for 15 kids to die? If 50 are not killed we can give each other a high five and say it was a good day.

so it is okay for 15 kids to die? If 50 are not killed we can give each other a high five and say it was a good day.

15 is better than 50.  if there's any way at all to decrease the number of fatalities in a mass shooting, then i'm all for it.  if 15 die, the 35 that are saved might want to give someone a high five at some point.

That's why we have cops all I hear is money its cheaper just to have a teacher holding. Put more cops in schools its that simple.

I agree. Maybe three officers per campus so that it is covered. That comes to about $1,000 per day per campus. I think BISD has 26 campuses to $26,000 per day or about half a million dollars a month. I think BISD could spring for another $4-$5 million each year for extra cops. 

15 is better than 50. if there's any way at all to decrease the number of fatalities in a mass shooting, then i'm all for it. if 15 die, the 35 that are saved might want to give someone a high five at some point.

what if your kid was one of the 15?

I'm not big on the idea of teachers with holstered weapons, but to have them at hand in a place that's inaccessible to children hurts nobody and could make a huge difference if the one in a million happens and a shooting does happen. If the sandy hook principal had had a firearm, there's a possibility ZERO children may have been killed at sandy hook. And had she still be killed immediately, the outcome would've been no worse.

I'm not big on the idea of teachers with holstered weapons, but to have them at hand in a place that's inaccessible to children hurts nobody and could make a huge difference if the one in a million happens and a shooting does happen. If the sandy hook principal had had a firearm, there's a possibility ZERO children may have been killed at sandy hook. And had she still be killed immediately, the outcome would've been no worse.

If they go through the proper training, I would have no problem with a holstered weapon, but having a very accessible weapon would be much better than none at all.