gun free zones!

as far as cost effectiveness. having a teacher armed that the school is already paying is better than paying for more security personnel.

teachers = more guns oncampus. therefore a decrease in these mass shootings on campus

we should arm the kids as well.

also back in my day (in high school) we could have our rifles/shotguns in our vehicle because we would go hunting after school and sometimes before.....dove, duck, squirrel, deer, hog, etc....

and guess what......we never had any issues.

but sense times have changed and we have allowed our younger generations to sit and play violent gaming systems that have our young minds shooting up people and blowing up buildings its probably not a good thing to have our children armed at the school because a lot of parents have let these violent gaming systems and movies to be babysitters to the highest degree.

also back in my day (in high school) we could have our rifles/shotguns in our vehicle because we would go hunting after school and sometimes before.....dove, duck, squirrel, deer, hog, etc....

and guess what......we never had any issues.

but sense times have changed and we have allowed our younger generations to sit and play violent gaming systems that have our young minds shooting up people and blowing up buildings its probably not a good thing to have our children armed at the school because a lot of parents have let these violent gaming systems and movies to be babysitters to the highest degree.

Yes sir...the good old days!   :)

President reagan required gun registration? Why is it such a big deal now?

Really?

I am soon to wrap up my 31st year as a police officer including most of Reagan's term in office. What is this registration you speak of that apparently existed at one time without my knowledge but does not exist today?

Really?

I am soon to wrap up my 31st year as a police officer including most of Reagan's term in office. What is this registration you speak of that apparently existed at one time without my knowledge but does not exist today?

Maybe BG is getting a waiting period confused with registration.

Every teacher that I know says that they are not carrying a gun. I told one about this conversation, she said that you guys are welcome to volunteer as the "gun carrier" at her school. If you want the kids to be safer allow background checks.

Again, I have no problems with a background check. It is none of the government's business on what I own however.

And honestly, if a person decides to shoot up a school and kill children for which he will either recieve the death penalty, be killed by the police or will commit suicide, what gun law will stop his actions?

Maybe BG is getting a waiting period confused with registration.

While that mistake may be true and background checks were instituted (no waiting period) under the Brady Law, it did not happen under Reagan but under Clinton almost 6 years after Reagan left office.

Every teacher that I know says that they are not carrying a gun. I told one about this conversation, she said that you guys are welcome to volunteer as the "gun carrier" at her school. If you want the kids to be safer allow background checks.

That's funny.  I personally know a whole family of teachers who would all gladly carry one.

That's funny.  I personally know a whole family of teachers who would all gladly carry one.

I think that most teachers would not carry simply because most teachers do not carry when away from school anyway. There are plenty of teachers that do carry concealed, in their cars or hunt and would gladly be able to carry at school. They might be in the minority but there are still many that would if given the choice. 

I think that most teachers would not carry simply because most teachers do not carry when away from school anyway. There are plenty of teachers that do carry concealed, in their cars or hunt and would gladly be able to carry at school. They might be in the minority but there are still many that would if given the choice.

Even a couple per campus could greatly reduce the amount of casualties in a mass shooting situation. I agree with you that a minority of teachers would want to. But even one could make a huge difference.

I agree with that....one is better than none.

Though it is a minority, but I would say that btw 4 and 8 people would carry one on each campus in BMT ISD......and I bet that number would go up for the surrounding school districts.  And I say that because I am very well connected to most schools in the BMT ISD as well as the surrounding schools.

I also believe that someone in the front office should carry one. 

but were does it stop if somebody makes a decision to mass kill they will. ..teachers packing or ...excuses the graphic but they'll just take out teacher first or Maybe wait till on school bus .. do we start arming school bus drivers lunch ladies etc also