Central, Ozen under investigation by UIL

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="outanup" post="1419080" timestamp="1373940791"]
I guess the thing to do would be to let Ozen and Central both slide, its only Ozens
3rd offense. Geez give em a break, and while your at it let Central off too. We dont need any stinking rules, throw em all out and let the chips fall where they may!!! WOW!!!!!!                                                                                     
[/quote]  Ok George and jerry friend. don't look at the other side

did the article state that the reporter camped outside coaches' houses and followed them like a stalking paparazzi over something so stupid....how did so reporter find out? think he was tipped off? this is a guy who sole purpose in life is to microscope BISD.

anyone know the said infractions? charges? taking a side of jerry jordan is like playing with fire. He was fired from his previous employer and now runs a "he said, she said blog."

Oh, and EVERY school breaks some sort of athletic/academic rule EVERYDAY. Some minor/major and some that have no clue that it may be a rule.

GET REAL PEOPLE.

[quote name="Scatright" post="1418601" timestamp="1373764464"]
[quote author=tvc link=topic=112856.msg1418599#msg1418599 date=1373763761]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=112856.msg1418467#msg1418467 date=1373715513]
I can't help but think, would there be this much riff raff if I would have followed Nederlands Football team and snapped pictures of that secret Spring football game? 

Now that I think about it, how creepy is it for a 'mom and pop's reporter to be following teenage kids around like a 'groupy' and snap secret photos?  Those kids are minors.  I wonder if those kid's parents consented to that to 'Mr. Creepy photo guy'?
[/quote]

[b]Don't need consent to take photos in the public unless you are selling them.[/b]
[/quote]

What if you are posting them on a website that charges people a subscription fee to look at the articles in which the pictures reside?  Does he need consent then? 

What if the kids are minors and someone posts their image and vaguely accuses them of soliciting a prostitute?  Does he need consent then? 

TVC, you're usually a pretty level headed guy, but I cannot believe that you are on Jerry Jordan's side on this one.
[/quote]

I am not on Jerry Jordan's side and have never said or implied that I was. I only said that the thread is about a UIL investigation and instead of asking or commenting on the investigation, most are only speaking about the article itself.

I asked on the previous page of posts, if the allegations are true, what are the penalties? If a school is already on some kind of sanctions, can it have any outcome on potential playoffs? Can the penalty be against (only) the coach like banning him from the sidelines for some games?

I asked and no one answered, which was my point. Some of the posts went right back to Jerry Jordan. Well I don't care about Jerry Jordan. What is going to happen if these allegations are true?

I want to know what may happen in the upcoming season for those two schools or the coaches. Diverting the attention to who sprung the story or what his motivation was seems to me to have absolutely no bearing on the investigation or the potentials for the season at hand.

That is about as level headed as I can be.

Wow is all I can say.  What is a reporter doing taking pictures of minors at 7 a.m.?  Kind of creepy.

Personally, since 7-on-7 is not a school-sanctioned event, I don't see why coaches cannot transport.  I understand liability issues, but seriously...students cannot be transported in school vehicles (or they are not supposed to be). 

Mark and Toby Foreman are good people.  Sad that they are being attacked before they even get started.  And we wonder why people dislike reporters and the media.

[quote name="Doggy Fresh" post="1419207" timestamp="1373986860"]
Just let BISD make it, how do you expect them to follow the rules on the field? They can't even follow the rules for classroom testing. Have to cheat there too! :P
[/quote]Does that have ANYTHING to do with football?  ...and while you're mentioning it, have it been proven that anyone is cheating or is it allegations or your personal opinion?  Your a Nederland fan, right? 

[quote name="stang4life" post="1419160" timestamp="1373978195"]
Wow is all I can say.  What is a reporter doing taking pictures of minors at 7 a.m.?  Kind of creepy.

Personally, since 7-on-7 is not a school-sanctioned event, [size=10pt][b]I don't see why coaches cannot transport.[/b][/size]  I understand liability issues, but seriously...students cannot be transported in school vehicles (or they are not supposed to be). 

Mark and Toby Foreman are good people.  Sad that they are being attacked before they even get started.  And we wonder why people dislike reporters and the media.
[/quote]

Because the UIL says that it is a violation. I think it has to do with the rules on practice days and coaches involvement.

If someone has an issue they need to bring it up with them.

[quote name="bulldogs1990" post="1419220" timestamp="1373988671"]
I'm no Nederland fan I'm a jasper fan. Y'all can make up all this BS all you want if you break a rule that you no of being a coach then so be it. But stop all the BS BISD will always have a eye in the sky people.
[/quote]Man don't you guys have your own problems and you're talking about breaking rules of BISD ,man one word BRYD

[quote name="understand" post="1419536" timestamp="1374031760"]
[quote author=bulldogs1990 link=topic=112856.msg1419220#msg1419220 date=1373988671]
I'm no Nederland fan I'm a jasper fan. Y'all can make up all this BS all you want if you break a rule that you no of being a coach then so be it. But stop all the BS BISD will always have a eye in the sky people.
[/quote]Man don't you guys have your own problems and you're talking about breaking rules of BISD ,man one word BRYD
[/quote] :o :o

[quote name="bulldogs1990" post="1419220" timestamp="1373988671"]
[/quote]Speaking of cheating, looks like someone have obviously cheated in their English class when they were enrolled at Jasper ISD as evident with the above jumble of words and run on sentences.  8)

[quote name="understand" post="1419536" timestamp="1374031760"]
[quote author=bulldogs1990 link=topic=112856.msg1419220#msg1419220 date=1373988671]
[/quote]
Sometime dyslexia presents funny results.  Nothing funny
about the "BYRD" reference, though. :( :'(

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1419570" timestamp="1374065399"]
[quote author=AHUDDLESTON link=topic=112856.msg1419556#msg1419556 date=1374036080]
Be careful correcting English there soulja, 5 redmarks on your post. 8) 8)
[/quote]Actually, It's two.    ;)
[/quote]

Souja in an argument over grammatical correctness???  Now that is scary.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder