Best and Worse Stadium

[quote name="LR1969" post="967645" timestamp="1297953862"]
I think most stadiums have their pros/cons. PN-G is, hands down, the best press box I have ever been in (from hospitality to convenience and professionalism). Also best scoreboard and probably among the best environments for High School football I've experienced. However, I like Silsbee's sunken bowl and its layout (although it's smaller than PN-G). Combine the best of both Silsbee and PN-G and I think you would have a great environment...ha! Haven't covered a game at Da Butch but I have to place it atop the list, despite any misgivings I may have about the name or BISD in general. It looks great!

As for worse -- There have been a lot of improvements over the past few years at almost all local stadiums but I think the worst I have ever experienced (past encounters - prior to any updates) was HJ in the late 90's. I had to get a broom from the maintenance folks to clean it out before going in. It was covered with spiders and about an inch of dust and I couldn't get the windows to open. I finally gave up and just sat in the bleachers in the second half and told myself "oh yeah..this is a basketball school"...ha. Also found Deweyville to be an odd place (hope they've updated since then). The worse part there was that the game kept being halted so the refs could chase the stray dogs off the field. There were a half dozen or so hounds that kept getting in the way. Talk about a Dawg Pound! HA! And there were broken rows (I think wooden) and I almost slipped through one of them. But, fans were great and very hospitable!

[b]Love Dayton's stadium but the press box needs updating. They've had too much success to not make some improvements (May have since my last visit in 09). First on my list would be a RESTROOM. That's a long walk down for an out of shape sports writer...ha! [/b]
[/quote]

doubt that'll happen.... I [u][i]think [/i] [/u] if we make it bigger or add a restroom then there has to be an elevator or something.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="967651" timestamp="1297954563"]
[quote author=LR1969 link=topic=13165.msg967645#msg967645 date=1297953862]
I think most stadiums have their pros/cons. PN-G is, hands down, the best press box I have ever been in (from hospitality to convenience and professionalism). Also best scoreboard and probably among the best environments for High School football I've experienced. However, I like Silsbee's sunken bowl and its layout (although it's smaller than PN-G). Combine the best of both Silsbee and PN-G and I think you would have a great environment...ha! Haven't covered a game at Da Butch but I have to place it atop the list, despite any [b]misgivings I may have [/b] about the name or [b]BISD in general[/b]. It looks great!

As for worse -- There have been a lot of improvements over the past few years at almost all local stadiums but I think the worst I have ever experienced (past encounters - prior to any updates) was HJ in the late 90's. I had to get a broom from the maintenance folks to clean it out before going in. It was covered with spiders and about an inch of dust and I couldn't get the windows to open. I finally gave up and just sat in the bleachers in the second half and told myself "oh yeah..this is a basketball school"...ha. Also found Deweyville to be an odd place (hope they've updated since then). The worse part there was that the game kept being halted so the refs could chase the stray dogs off the field. There were a half dozen or so hounds that kept getting in the way. Talk about a Dawg Pound! HA! And there were broken rows (I think wooden) and I almost slipped through one of them. But, fans were great and very hospitable!

Love Dayton's stadium but the press box needs updating. They've had too much success to not make some improvements (May have since my last visit in 09). First on my list would be a RESTROOM. That's a long walk down for an out of shape sports writer...ha!

[/quote] ??? ???  Well, maybe you'll have an oportunity to judge for yourself once you do a game at the Butch instead of basing it off of someone rubbing you the wrong way in the past...
[/quote]

Dang Soulja! I left this board because every comment made always leads to someone getting pissed! Then, I finally make a post and you apparently took it the wrong way. If you notice, I put Da Butch at the TOP of the list. I don't have to cover a game there to know it's the best stadium in the area. I see it everytime I pass by on I-10. It's a great stadium. It's a stupid name and, I'm sorry, but BISD has issues. The current electrical scandal should make that abundantly obvious. However, I found it odd that so many people failed to mention the new stadium and felt it was probably because of their feelings towards BISD so I was trying to make the point that just because you don't like BISD doesn't mean you belittle what is, by far, the best stadium in the area! Last post from me! Take care everybody!

[quote name="LR1969" post="967708" timestamp="1297958531"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=13165.msg967651#msg967651 date=1297954563]
[quote author=LR1969 link=topic=13165.msg967645#msg967645 date=1297953862]
I think most stadiums have their pros/cons. PN-G is, hands down, the best press box I have ever been in (from hospitality to convenience and professionalism). Also best scoreboard and probably among the best environments for High School football I've experienced. However, I like Silsbee's sunken bowl and its layout (although it's smaller than PN-G). Combine the best of both Silsbee and PN-G and I think you would have a great environment...ha! Haven't covered a game at Da Butch but I have to place it atop the list, despite any [b]misgivings I may have [/b] about the name or [b]BISD in general[/b]. It looks great!

Love Dayton's stadium but the press box needs updating. They've had too much success to not make some improvements (May have since my last visit in 09). First on my list would be a RESTROOM. That's a long walk down for an out of shape sports writer...ha!

[/quote] ??? ???  Well, maybe you'll have an oportunity to judge for yourself once you do a game at the Butch instead of basing it off of someone rubbing you the wrong way in the past...
[/quote]

Dang Soulja! I left this board because every comment made always leads to someone getting pissed! Then, I finally make a post and you apparently took it the wrong way. If you notice, I put Da Butch at the TOP of the list. I don't have to cover a game there to know it's the best stadium in the area. I see it everytime I pass by on I-10. It's a great stadium. It's a stupid name and, I'm sorry, but BISD has issues. The current electrical scandal should make that abundantly obvious. However, I found it odd that so many people failed to mention the new stadium and felt it was probably because of their feelings towards BISD so I was trying to make the point that just because you don't like BISD doesn't mean you belittle what is, by far, the best stadium in the area! Last post from me! Take care everybody!
[/quote]Read the papers.  There IS a scandal in Lumberton ISD.  But that's another story.  ::)

I'm glad that you admited you like our stadium.  I don't like the name if it, but that wasn't the topic of this thread, now is it?  You're last post?  Hey, that's completely up to you.  We encourage you to stay, but if you don't post any more, I won't lose any sleep over it...

[quote name="LR1969" post="967708" timestamp="1297958531"]
??? ???   Well, maybe you'll have an oportunity to judge for yourself once you do a game at the Butch instead of basing it off of someone rubbing you the wrong way in the past...
[/quote]

[/quote]

dang.... leaving over that???

[quote name="dayton" post="967732" timestamp="1297959429"]
[quote author=LR1969 link=topic=13165.msg967708#msg967708 date=1297958531]
??? ???   Well, maybe you'll have an oportunity to judge for yourself once you do a game at the Butch instead of basing it off of someone rubbing you the wrong way in the past...
[/quote]

[/quote]

dang.... leaving over that???
[/quote]I know, right?

Only Neg I see on the Butch is the announcer and the scoreboard operator!!
The one guy who did the announcing is awful and I like music, but dang turn it down a couple notches during pre-game!!!!! Other than that it is a very nice stadium. I wouldn't want to share my home turf with anyone, but you can't build 3 20 million dollar stadiums. So i give the edge to PNG.

[quote name="Dawgs08" post="967765" timestamp="1297961064"]
I know Waller is out of the southeast Texas area.So I'm just responding to bmtsoulja1 question.Wallers stadium was part of a 50 million dollar bond passed in 2007.Thanks for the good words we are very happy and proud of our new stadium.  8)
[/quote]I've seen pictures of it.  You should be proud of it!  Looks good!

[quote name="PNGFan" post="967788" timestamp="1297963884"]
[b]The one guy who did the announcing is awful [/b] and I like music, but dang turn it down a couple notches during pre-game!!!!! Other than that it is a very nice stadium. I wouldn't want to share my home turf with anyone, but you can't build 3 20 million dollar stadiums. So i give the edge to PNG.
[/quote]That old man have been screwing up anouncements for several years now.  I think they should let me get on the mic!  ;D ;D

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="967799" timestamp="1297965691"]
[quote author=PNGFan link=topic=13165.msg967788#msg967788 date=1297963884]
[b]The one guy who did the announcing is awful [/b] and I like music, but dang turn it down a couple notches during pre-game!!!!! Other than that it is a very nice stadium. I wouldn't want to share my home turf with anyone, but you can't build 3 20 million dollar stadiums. So i give the edge to PNG.
[/quote]That old man have been screwing up anouncements for several years now.  I think they should let me get on the mic!   ;D ;D
[/quote]

That would be scary!!!!! No one would be able to get a word in!!!!

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="967340" timestamp="1297894122"]
[quote author=Javelina link=topic=13165.msg967222#msg967222 date=1297884644]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=13165.msg966992#msg966992 date=1297864210]
I may need to check out Buna's to see what the fuss is about. 
[/quote]

Buna has a light pole in front of the stands at the 50 yard line and the visitors have to walk maybe 150 yards to their locker rooms at the jr high but it beats the old small building they had to use before. 

Silsbee = Best stadium but worst turf!!!
[/quote]Buna sounds like Livingston's stadium.  Silsbee have grass, not turf...
[/quote]

Forgive me for calling grass turf, I have always called it that.  Scotts sells turf builder for grass lawns so this is where it comes from.  So shot at trying to make me look like a retard denied

[quote name="Javelina" post="968360" timestamp="1298063461"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=13165.msg967340#msg967340 date=1297894122]
[quote author=Javelina link=topic=13165.msg967222#msg967222 date=1297884644]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=13165.msg966992#msg966992 date=1297864210]
I may need to check out Buna's to see what the fuss is about. 
[/quote]

Buna has a light pole in front of the stands at the 50 yard line and the visitors have to walk maybe 150 yards to their locker rooms at the jr high but it beats the old small building they had to use before. 

Silsbee = Best stadium but worst turf!!!
[/quote]Buna sounds like Livingston's stadium.  Silsbee have grass, not turf...
[/quote]

Forgive me for calling grass turf, I have always called it that.  Scotts sells turf builder for grass lawns so this is where it comes from.  So shot at trying to make me look like a retard denied
[/quote]No, I really wasn't.  I just thought that you wasn't aware.  I've liked your posts.  Your good!  8) 8)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder