Best and Worse Stadium

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back in the old days, Anahuacs' stadium turf was one of the best.  Kept the grass cut short because of their speed.  It was like playing on a golf green.  Only problem was that mosquito control would come by during pregame and spray. Couldn't hardly breath.  Didn't seem to bother Anahuac any though.

Move over er Silsbee bc Huffman has gone from the to the penthouse. Come check out the new one here and tell me a better 3-a facility  within a hundred miles of Houston. 

Went out and strolled around Huffman's new stadium the other day and I must say it will certainly be the gem of 3A next season, for that matter it would be outstanding in any class. It reminds me of a little more upscal version of Lumberjack Stadium in Diboll. With the pressbox and turf making the difference. I love how they have incorporated the field event areas into the complex as well, top notch. Silsbee is certainly I nice facility, with PNG and Dayton I think leading the way in SETX. Now of course the Berry Center is just a skip away from me and it is the best and there is no doubt about that.

Guest ECBucFan

I hated the stands at EC, all bunched together, along with the stands in KVille also.

Hey scooter, you know you right, ,EC has a rice patty for a football field. Anyone who goes as a visitor,well try not to go , It`s very inconvienent if your on visitor side,sun goes down in your face, maybe enough seats for half of the band. Almost like a tactic, it`s the worst I have seen,and I`ve seen alot. Seen alot better 1A fields.

Whole new deal for the EC stadium. New stands on each side, new scoreboard, concessions, etc. You won't recognize it. The field was never bad at all. Not perfect, but it's crowned and sheds water fairly well. New gym under construction, too.  :)

Guest ECBucFan

...hope they pass that bond because the best deserves the best feild to play on .....

very good post.  the students at wos deserve the finest facilities both in the classrooms and in extracurricular activities. 

The students at every school deserve that.

Call me crazy, but I don't believe "students deserve the finest facilities" at all. Students deserve REASONABLY GOOD facilities. Being flat out catered to with someone else signing a blank check to pay for whatever "finest" thing you want is not how real life works.

...hope they pass that bond because the best deserves the best feild to play on .....

very good post.  the students at wos deserve the finest facilities both in the classrooms and in extracurricular activities. 

The students at every school deserve that.

Call me crazy, but I don't believe "students deserve the finest facilities" at all. Students deserve REASONABLY GOOD facilities. Being flat out catered to with someone else signing a blank check to pay for whatever "finest" thing you want is not how real life works.

I can certainly agree with that, been out looking at some of the new schools around the area and sports complex's last couple of weeks and I must say we are getting a tad bit extreme on some things. I really love the golden dome at Atascocita, but do we really need it. There are a lot of little things like that you can find all around and I am not being holier than now, but you can get a chuckle from some things we build and buy instead of pushing the training that makes up what school is meant for.

• 1 year later...
[quote name="PN-G bandkid" post="964716" timestamp="1297464140"]
The best is definitely a tie between Indian Stadium and Beaumont's complex (although there's nothing quite like a game on the Reservation). The worst is probably Livingston's stadium (sorry, Lion fans).
[/quote]Y'alls stadium is top notch.  Good looking field...  Lots of seats...  Bad part is horrible parking..

Our stadium have great consessions...  Excellent parking. Huge scoreboard...  And state of the art double decker  stands.  It's bad point is the blind spot on the sidelines...  (and probably that old man they put on the mic that never knows the home team's player's name...

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="964827" timestamp="1297474595"]
[quote author=PN-G bandkid link=topic=13165.msg964716#msg964716 date=1297464140]
The best is definitely a tie between Indian Stadium and Beaumont's complex (although there's nothing quite like a game on the Reservation). The worst is probably Livingston's stadium (sorry, Lion fans).
[/quote]Y'alls stadium is top notch.   Good looking field...  Lots of seats...  Bad part is horrible parking..

Our stadium have great consessions...  Excellent parking. Huge scoreboard...  And state of the art double decker  stands.  It's bad point is the blind spot on the sidelines...  (and probably that old man they put on the mic that never knows the home team's player's name...
[/quote]

Parking is improving. They've laid down two new parking lots around the stadium (one's where the old wing of the high school used to be), and I heard something a while back about them working to get a field on the west side of Merriman Street paved. That said, I don't think there will ever be a way to squeeze 10,000 parking spots into that crowded of an area.

The only things that really stick out to me at the Beaumont complex are the highway noise and the lack of a track. I haven't sat on the upper deck yet, so I don't really know what it's like up there, but I never could figure out why they didn't go ahead and lay down a track. Luckily, the noise from the interstate normally gets drowned out by the crowd and the bands, and the Beaumont schools have always had excellent concessions. ;D

[quote name="PN-G bandkid" post="965103" timestamp="1297485271"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=13165.msg964827#msg964827 date=1297474595]
[quote author=PN-G bandkid link=topic=13165.msg964716#msg964716 date=1297464140]
[/quote]Y'alls stadium is top notch.   Good looking field...  Lots of seats...  Bad part is horrible parking..

[/quote]

Parking is improving. They've laid down two new parking lots around the stadium (one's where the old wing of the high school used to be), and I heard something a while back about them working to get a field on the west side of Merriman Street paved. That said, I don't think there will ever be a way to squeeze 10,000 parking spots into that crowded of an area.

The only things that really stick out to me at the Beaumont complex are the highway noise and the lack of a track. I haven't sat on the upper deck yet, so I don't really know what it's like up there, but I never could figure out why they didn't go ahead and lay down a track. Luckily, the noise from the interstate normally gets drowned out by the crowd and the bands, and the Beaumont schools have always had excellent concessions. ;D
[/quote]I know that parking will improve.  And I agree it will be hard to get all that parking in that little area.  Me personally, don't mind parking on the side of the road and walking to the stadium.  I'm just glad that the locals don't mind me (us) parking in front of their house... ;D

I agree with the other poster.  The lack of the track mean you are more close to your players. More better chance that you'll get a 'Lambeau leap' from your players!  Besides, we have 2 other stadiums with tracks.  The highway noise?  I've never heard it.  And you're right.  It's probably because the lowd noise or the old man on the mic drown it out.

At first, my worst stadium was LC-M's digs but it have to be without a doubt Livingston's stadium.  Parking is non existent.  Bleachers only hold like 200 people on the visitor's side and it is underneath a tree where you can reach right up and grab the branches.  I feel like I'm in a child's treehouse.  Also, the stadium light poles are on the sidelines, which mean depending where you sit, the light pole may interfere with your line of sight. Since the lights are that close, only the field area is lit, which means that the fans sit in the dark.  And don't get me started on that annoying woman anouncer... :-X

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder