**SILSBEE vs. DIBOLL BROADCAST, Game 1**/Diboll takes Game 1, 5-3!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Horns93" post="1409604" timestamp="1369978703"]
Great season Silsbee!
[/quote]

During the fat lady warming up in the back she choked on a donut.... so don't count them Tigers out just yet.... They are going to win 2 in a row to get to Austin.....

Silsbee was in control when I left, in the 5th inning I think.  Diboll's baseball team may be a team of destiny this year.  From what I've heard and even seen a bit, they have an uncanny way of fighting back and overcoming the odds.  That's the sign of a mentally tough team.  Silsbee's good, very good.  If they can take two straight from Diboll-well, I don't know.  Silsbee defintely got their work cut out for them.

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1409636" timestamp="1370006124"]
IMO Silsbee wins game 2 and wins game 3. It sounded like Powell got a little tired. [b]Can he pitch again on Saturday or Sunday[/b]? I expect those Tigers bats to get HOT this weekend. Silsbee is a team of destiney!!!!! Go Tigers!
[/quote]

Powell threw 95 pitches so I would think he could give a little more if needed.... depending on how he feels.  Only a double header left for Sat. no Sun games.

Too much went wrong in bottom of 6th....

Hit
Walk
Balk called
Error at third ( should have ended inning IMO) if made....
Missed interference call on batter along with another error at third
Home run was legit, if it would have gotten to him at all.

Too much to ask for one thing not to happen. 

All that said....  have to hit and field the ball.  Period.

Diboll hung tough and capitalized. 

Food for thought, DeJesus pitched against Hudson in the single game set in the regional quarters a few weeks ago, not Castillo. Diboll is tough with him on the mound (game 2). If it goes to a third game, it will probably be Johnny Wholestaff for both teams.

[quote name="Silsbee92" post="1409697" timestamp="1370019535"]

Hit
Walk
Balk called
[i][b]Missed interference call on batter along with another error at third[/b][/i]

[/quote]

I'm no rules expert so correct me if I'm wrong but I thought a normal swing and follow through cannot be considered batter interference.  I wasn't at the game and I'm assuming the batter had to be deliberate in his actions to be called for interference.  But like I said, if he had a normal swing and follow through with no deliberate or intentional interference then the ump got it right by not calling it.   

[quote name="Geaux Tigers" post="1409745" timestamp="1370030063"]
Silsbee can hit any of Dibolls pitchers, the team can hit; just couldn't get any luck Thursday game.. they just have to come out Saturday focused, play their game, and they will advance, if not then their season is over.
[/quote]

Another brilliant statement of the obvious. ::)

[quote name="mistanice" post="1409767" timestamp="1370032955"]
[quote author=Silsbee92 link=topic=112275.msg1409697#msg1409697 date=1370019535]

Hit
Walk
Balk called
[i][b]Missed interference call on batter along with another error at third[/b][/i]

[/quote]

I'm no rules expert so correct me if I'm wrong but I thought a normal swing and follow through cannot be considered batter interference.  I wasn't at the game and I'm assuming the batter had to be deliberate in his actions to be called for interference.  But like I said, if he had a normal swing and follow through with no deliberate or intentional interference then the ump got it right by not calling it. 
[/quote]

Just my opinion...

Not intended to demean outcome of Dibolls win.

Batter was out of box moving toward third when throw was made.  I will concede
That it was a judgement call.  Again, do not want to take away from win.

It was one point in a busy inning.

I thought it was a heck of a ballgame. All of Silsbee's runs were unearned, and came after Diboll made an error that should have ended the inning. I thought Powell pitched a great game, but the truth is his true success was early in the game when the Jacks chased many off speed pitches out of the strike zone. As the game progressed the Diboll hitters got more disciplined and begin to wait for the fast ball as the off speed was rarely thrown for strike. That is when they started having success. The Tigers are more than capable of winning two, just as Diboll is more than able to close it out, and head to Austin as well. It should be a heck of a game (or two) at Rice. I have said it from day one of the playoffs that Diboll's playoff experience with this group of seniors will make the difference. I think it did on Thursday, and will again on Saturday, but if it goes to the third game, anything can happen. It will be fun.

[quote name="RockNFire" post="1409927" timestamp="1370093423"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=112275.msg1409886#msg1409886 date=1370058729]
1 of Silsbee's runs were unearned.

3 Of Diboll's were unearned.

Silsbee out hit Diboll 7-5

Apparently it depends on who is keeping the scorebook.
[/quote]

I agree. But my numbers came from the official score keeper in the press box.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder

• Cohen……a lying, backstabbing pos who does nothing but lie every time he opens his mouth. Let him utter words the prosecution wants to hear, and we can convict. Cohen told his ex advisor that he wanted to kill himself. What a worldly loss that would be. Let anyone on this board be put through the wringer with false charges and lies like Trump has had to endure, and you would be screaming at the top of your lungs how illegal all of this is.
    • It was and remains perfectly timed and choregraphed Kangaroo Court, whatever Cohen just said or lied about.  Face it, under Soros installed Biden and Merrick Garland, the USA is now officially a Bananna Republic with a Goverment that weaponizes itself against and destroys its political rivals. Putin and Xi are SO proud!  Dang I miss Democracy.       
    • I haven’t been watching closely, but even the liberal sources even tell the story as “the defense really took apart Cohen’s testimony on Thursday.” It sounds like sloppy work from the prosecution to point out a specific call as being “the one,” when it was easily concluded that this particular call could not have occurred the way that Cohen (and the prosecution) claim it to have happened.    The bad news is that I doubt that it matters much-I suspect that most jurors minds were closed before testimony started.   I don’t see Trump leaving with anything less than a conviction based on the venue (NYC).
    • Tough case all the way around.  The guy had a lot of online activity come out where he made racist statements and statements about killing BLM protesters and looters.  So when he then goes out and does it, it looks really bad.  I've seen a lot of videos where people have driven through protestors, defended themselves against them, etc., and didn't bat an eye.  This feels different, but that doesn't necessarily make it murder, either.  His account of the events that happened vs. the witness accounts were both very different, but I'd also expect both sides' accounts to be self-serving and inaccurate to fit their narrative.  Not really sure what to think on this one.  
    • @CardinalBacker   Wanted to get your thoughts on how Cohen did as Bragg's star witness..... My Take: The State spent two days acknowledging that Cohen lied all the time but now he has come clean,,,,,,,it took the defense (having same evidence state had), just a few hours to confirm Cohen lied to the current jury a couple days ago......  While I thought initially Trump would be found guilty due to venue, with best case a hung jury, there is now a pretty good chance he will be acquitted...... Thoughts anyone??   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up
  • Topics