Alvin Credeur leaving Lumberton/ It's Official!

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1404046" timestamp="1368427913"]
[quote author=DP8036 link=topic=111442.msg1404045#msg1404045 date=1368422884]
[quote author=bobbymcgee link=topic=111442.msg1404044#msg1404044 date=1368420328]
I would hope [b]Chris Babin[/b] and Kevin Flanigan are among the finalists!
[/quote]

Nope nope nope nope nope. Not going anywhere.
[/quote]
Are you sure about that??    ;)      :-X
[/quote]

Yep.  ;)

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1404320" timestamp="1368489140"]
[quote author=bobbymcgee link=topic=111442.msg1404044#msg1404044 date=1368420328]
I would hope Chris Babin and [b]Kevin Flanigan[/b] are among the finalists!
[/quote] Wonder how West Brook would feel about this if he is.............  ;D
[/quote]

From what I know, neither are a finalists.

Not too sure the two even applied.

[quote name="AthleticSupporter - Jock" post="1404137" timestamp="1368460444"]
[quote author=brokecoach link=topic=111442.msg1404084#msg1404084 date=1368455308]
[quote author=raideroldtimer link=topic=111442.msg1403986#msg1403986 date=1368387933]
Well, frankly I hope Coach Creduer reads this. Coach as a life long citizen of the city of Lumberton, I'm sorry you had to put up with the problems of a few parents who had no business butting into your job. I for one appreciate the fact that you were the ONLY coach to ever get our football program into the post season and I was certainly hoping you'd [i][b]have enough time [/b] [/i] to build a strong program within our schools. I'm sure you'd probably agree that Lumberton does have some talent here if certain [i][b]parents would step back [/b] [/i] and let the coaches and teachers do their jobs with developing that talent rather than insist on having their child coddled. That unfortunately is the problem with todays' me society. I hope you have a successful and long career in the coaching profession and I hope your next Head Coaching job is a joy to you. I feel sad that a few individuals ran off a HOMEGROWN coach most probably for some trivial BS. Good Luck Coach and always remember that SOME of us truly did appreciate the job you were doing with those young men who bought in to your program. Sincerely, A TRUE FAN OF LUMBERTON HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETICS [i]NOT[/i] THE INDIVIDUAL ATHLETES.
[/quote]

How long does he get to estabalish a program?  It starts in middle school and goes all the way up.  How about the other programs in the district besides football?  If parents are a problem, they are a problem because he has let them become a problem.  Keep them off the field and out of the field house and in the stands where they belong and they will cease to be problems.
[/quote]

I think the question really should be 'Is the community interested in establishing a program?'  I don't believe that is the goal of a lot of parents.  IMO, I think it is more about 'my kid and what he/she will get out of this'.  Just think about the number of kids specializing in one sport, especially baseball.  In many cases, parents don't discourage specialization because in their mind, specializing in baseball will give them a better shot at a scholarship.  Not a lot of specializing in football but let's face it, kids these days are lazier than ever so, of course they would choose baseball over football.  Go watch football practice and then watch a baseball practice and tell me which one a lazy kid is going to choose, if the parents let them.  I would also suggest that in towns like Vidor, Port Neches, Groves, Nederland, Orange, that you have a tougher, more blue-collar attitude that does not accept laziness and probably 'encourages' their kid to play football even if they won't play after high school. 

I don't know about the last comments on parents being on the fields and in the fieldhouse.  If that is really happening over there, then that could explain a few things.  That would definitely have to stop.

[/quote]I hope you are not saying that the baseball players are more lazy than the football players.  My son has grown up playing both, and for every hour he spends on football, he spends 4 on baseball.  The specialized baseball players you refer too are playing year round in most cases and actual high school practices are only a portion of the practice they are doing. 

Got to go, now that high school baseball is over, taking my lazy son to do some baseball practice, one of three he will do this week.

[quote name="Search" post="1404628" timestamp="1368566513"]
[quote author=AthleticSupporter - Jock link=topic=111442.msg1404137#msg1404137 date=1368460444]
[quote author=brokecoach link=topic=111442.msg1404084#msg1404084 date=1368455308]
[quote author=raideroldtimer link=topic=111442.msg1403986#msg1403986 date=1368387933]
Well, frankly I hope Coach Creduer reads this. Coach as a life long citizen of the city of Lumberton, I'm sorry you had to put up with the problems of a few parents who had no business butting into your job. I for one appreciate the fact that you were the ONLY coach to ever get our football program into the post season and I was certainly hoping you'd [i][b]have enough time [/b] [/i] to build a strong program within our schools. I'm sure you'd probably agree that Lumberton does have some talent here if certain [i][b]parents would step back [/b] [/i] and let the coaches and teachers do their jobs with developing that talent rather than insist on having their child coddled. That unfortunately is the problem with todays' me society. I hope you have a successful and long career in the coaching profession and I hope your next Head Coaching job is a joy to you. I feel sad that a few individuals ran off a HOMEGROWN coach most probably for some trivial BS. Good Luck Coach and always remember that SOME of us truly did appreciate the job you were doing with those young men who bought in to your program. Sincerely, A TRUE FAN OF LUMBERTON HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETICS [i]NOT[/i] THE INDIVIDUAL ATHLETES.
[/quote]

How long does he get to estabalish a program?  It starts in middle school and goes all the way up.  How about the other programs in the district besides football?  If parents are a problem, they are a problem because he has let them become a problem.  Keep them off the field and out of the field house and in the stands where they belong and they will cease to be problems.
[/quote]

I think the question really should be 'Is the community interested in establishing a program?'  I don't believe that is the goal of a lot of parents.  IMO, I think it is more about 'my kid and what he/she will get out of this'.  Just think about the number of kids specializing in one sport, especially baseball.  In many cases, parents don't discourage specialization because in their mind, specializing in baseball will give them a better shot at a scholarship.  Not a lot of specializing in football but let's face it, kids these days are lazier than ever so, of course they would choose baseball over football.  Go watch football practice and then watch a baseball practice and tell me which one a lazy kid is going to choose, if the parents let them.  I would also suggest that in towns like Vidor, Port Neches, Groves, Nederland, Orange, that you have a tougher, more blue-collar attitude that does not accept laziness and probably 'encourages' their kid to play football even if they won't play after high school. 

I don't know about the last comments on parents being on the fields and in the fieldhouse.  If that is really happening over there, then that could explain a few things.  That would definitely have to stop.

[/quote]I [b]hope you are not saying that the baseball players are more lazy than the football players[/b].  My son has grown up playing both, and for every hour he spends on football, he spends 4 on baseball.  The specialized baseball players you refer too are playing year round in most cases and actual high school practices are only a portion of the practice they are doing. 

Got to go, now that high school baseball is over, taking my lazy son to do some baseball practice, one of three he will do this week.
[/quote]

If you re-read my statement I made a very general and widely documented and supported statement about 'our' kids.  They are lazy.  Yes, there are exceptions.  I can't say that your kids are not lazy because they played both football and baseball growing up but I applaud you and others like you who encourage them to play multiple sports and stay active.  It's human nature to choose the path of least resistance and I think it is our responsibility to not always let them do that.

BTW, will your son be playing football again next year.  I'm curious why my statement struck a nerve with a parent of a multi-sport athlete.  Unless, of course, your son is going straight baseball starting next year.  Hmmm

[quote author=coach wade link=topic=111442.msg1398407#msg1398407 date=1367019761]
The Vidor Pirates want to thank all of you people in Lumberton that wanted Coach Credeur to leave.  We just got a great coach a great man and a great leader.  Oh and by the way....we just got a lot better. Thanks again!
[/q
uote]That's a good hire for you guys coach. Congrats.

AthleticSupporter-Jock the answer to your question is that my son will be home schooled, my wife is a certified teacher and taught at LISD for the last 5 years and resigned this year. I take no offense to your question by the way. Im sure every district has their flaws too but if you come hang out in Lumberton for a while you will see first hand the amount of Political BS that goes on. It makes me sick to see what my lifelong town has turned into

[quote name="LTrain" post="1404825" timestamp="1368639621"]
AthleticSupporter-Jock the answer to your question is that my son will be home schooled, my wife is a certified teacher and taught at LISD for the last 5 years and resigned this year. I take no offense to your question by the way. Im sure every district has their flaws too but if you come hang out in Lumberton for a while you will see first hand the amount of Political BS that goes on. It makes me sick to see what my lifelong town has turned into
[/quote]

I appreciate your honest response.  Everybody has their reasons for transferring, homeschooling and whatnot.  Do you feel like what you are seeing in Lumberton is different or worse than most districts?  You can read posts from plenty of other schools that sound sorta the same.  And are we talking about better players not playing cuz their dad is not from there or what?

[quote name="Richard Cranium" post="1404896" timestamp="1368649854"]
PNG doesn't lack issues either with parents wanting to run the district and coaching.
[/quote]

Just let Morse start at QB over Walker, or just the opposite, and sit back and read the posts about political BS.  I think it is everywhere.  It just always seems worse where you are.  JMO

[quote name="$MTC-28$" post="1404912" timestamp="1368652823"]
Not to brag or nothing but vidor usually doesn't have to deal with that type of problem. We hired a coach for a reason and we let him do his job.
[/quote]

I don't buy it.  Every school has parents that want to influence the coach in some way.  The difference is whether or not the coach allows that to happen.

[quote name="bigdog" post="1404920" timestamp="1368653625"]
[quote author=$MTC-28$ link=topic=111442.msg1404912#msg1404912 date=1368652823]
Not to brag or nothing but vidor usually doesn't have to deal with that type of problem. We hired a coach for a reason and we let him do his job.
[/quote]

I don't buy it.  Every school has parents that want to influence the coach in some way.  The difference is whether or not the coach allows that to happen.
[/quote]

True

[quote name="bigdog" post="1404920" timestamp="1368653625"]
[quote author=$MTC-28$ link=topic=111442.msg1404912#msg1404912 date=1368652823]
[/quote]

[/quote]
I agree 100%.

[quote name="HIGHpoint96" post="1405511" timestamp="1368801308"]
still not even a peep on who the 5 guys are? I cant believe how quiet it has been
[/quote]

I don't know what is more scarier... that no one is interested... or that the school board can be this tight lipped...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin