Chad Prather for Governor of Texas 2022

Unwoke

• 3 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

I met him at the BBB Torch Awards a few years back. 

He's not even a good comedian, much less a good candidate for the highest political office in the state.  

Man's not funny, just corny. 

Feelings…..nothing more than Feelings😂

• 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

I appreciate your enthusiasm, honestly. Good thoughts and affirmations, but the guy’s a dork. 

Maybe he is in your eyes but Abbott has shown his true colors thru his actions. Abbott is a corrupt Rino. I’ll take my chances with the Dork. Lol

Honestly I thought the same about Trump before he got elected an he turned out to be a Hell of a President.

2 hours ago, Unwoke said:

Maybe he is in your eyes but Abbott has shown his true colors thru his actions. Abbott is a corrupt Rino. I’ll take my chances with the Dork. Lol

Honestly I thought the same about Trump before he got elected an he turned out to be a Hell of a President.

I’m not praising Abbott whatsoever. 

17 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

Don’t care for career politicians no matter the side 

True but either a Democrat or Republican will be left in charge. It might be a career Democrat or a career Republican but it will be one or the other.

Would you vote for a Democrat because he/she is new but guaranteed to hurt causes that you support or a career Republican that will in most cases side with you?

I am not against term limits but unless that ever becomes a law, in the general election I am stuck voting for the side that I mostly agree with and certainly on my hot button issues.  In the primary? Absolutely go for who you think is the best candidate and vote against an incumbent.

Once that dust settles however……. 

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

Stick with the Devil you know.

Abbott will roll in this one.  

I think that Abbott will likely win the GOP primary because I think a substantial percentage of the population votes for whoever is there now. It takes a lot of angry people to vote out the incumbent in the primaries. I just don’t see it in this case.

My personal preference would be West but I am sure in the general election I will gladly cast my ballot for Abbet over Beto. 

2 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

True but either a Democrat or Republican will be left in charge. It might be a career Democrat or a career Republican but it will be one or the other.

Would you vote for a Democrat because he/she is new but guaranteed to hurt causes that you support or a career Republican that will in most cases side with you?

I am not against term limits but unless that ever becomes a law, in the general election I am stuck voting for the side that I mostly agree with and certainly on my hot button issues.  In the primary? Absolutely go for who you think is the best candidate and vote against an incumbent.

Once that dust settles however……. 

I get what your saying but if Abbott can beat Beto then so could any of the other conservative candidates.  I don’t see how anyone who would vote Abbott in primary (and say he loses) then vote for Beto over a conservative or not vote considering what’s at stake. Maybe it’s just me but the two parties are so far apart I don’t see how anyone could vote the other way especially if your a conservative.

I think we all know which way I would vote no matter who wins the primary.

9 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

I think that Abbott will likely win the GOP primary because I think a substantial percentage of the population votes for whoever is there now. It takes a lot of angry people to vote out the incumbent in the primaries. I just don’t see it in this case.

My personal preference would be West but I am sure in the general election I will gladly cast my ballot for Abbet over Beto. 

West is my preference as well.

and I’m at least hoping for a close primary 

14 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

West is my preference as well.

and I’m at least hoping for a close primary 

This is how I think the primary will go.

Abbott will win with maybe 60% or more  of the vote and it will be over. 

But as a possibility, the protest vote will be split 3 ways. That really does not matter in the primary election.  There will be a runoff if Abbott gets 1 vote less than 50%.

Abbott can get 49%, West can get 20%, Huffines 19% and Prather 12% and there will be a runoff between Abbott and West.  Now if 100% of the protest vote goes for West, he likely wins.  I just don’t see that happening however. Assuming roughly the same people vote in the runoff, West might get 75% of Huffines and Prather voters but he will not nearly overcome Abbott only needing a couple of points. I have seen too many comments and other forums such as, I am voting for a Prather/Huffines/West in the primary but if he is not in a runoff, I voting for Abbott.

The only way that I see Abbott losing in the primary is if he only gets about 35% of the vote and is in a runoff. If 2/3 of the voters are not for him in the primary, he has a significant chance of losing. If he is in a runoff but gets over 45% in the current vote, I don’t see any other candidate overcoming the only 5% additional support he needs. 

21 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

This is how I think the primary will go.

Abbott will win with maybe 60% or more  of the vote and it will be over. 

But as a possibility, the protest vote will be split 3 ways. That really does not matter in the primary election.  There will be a runoff if Abbott gets 1 vote less than 50%.

Abbott can get 49%, West can get 20%, Huffines 19% and Prather 12% and there will be a runoff between Abbott and West.  Now if 100% of the protest vote goes for West, he likely wins.  I just don’t see that happening however. Assuming roughly the same people vote in the runoff, West might get 75% of Huffines and Prather voters but he will not nearly overcome Abbott only needing a couple of points. I have seen too many comments and other forums such as, I am voting for a Prather/Huffines/West in the primary but if he is not in a runoff, I voting for Abbott.

The only way that I see Abbott losing in the primary is if he only gets about 35% of the vote and is in a runoff. If 2/3 of the voters are not for him in the primary, he has a significant chance of losing. If he is in a runoff but gets over 45% in the current vote, I don’t see any other candidate overcoming the only 5% additional support he needs. 

Probably a good analysis of the situation and I will still vote in the primary just to see where the chips fall.  But for sure in the end anyone but Beto the "hell yes we're taking your AR-15s and AK-47s . . ." 

22 minutes ago, Sugarbear said:

Probably a good analysis of the situation and I will still vote in the primary just to see where the chips fall.  But for sure in the end anyone but Beto the "hell yes we're taking your AR-15s and AK-47s . . ." 

I haven’t voted yet, probably today but will for West.

Looking at people’s reactions however is what gives me little faith in Abbott  being beaten in a runoff. West is a carpetbagger, Huffines is a used car salesman and Prather is a comedian doing it as a joke.

For the most part, this appears to be the first and second choices  of the people who would not be voting for Abbott in the primary.

West supporters: 

West/Abbott 

Huffines supporters:

Huffines/Abbott

Pfather supporters:

Prather/Abbott

And honestly, I am not against Abbott. I just like West more. I would like my Chihuahua as a better option than Beto. 

30 minutes ago, Sugarbear said:

He’s done an about face. Says he isn’t interested in taking our weapons. Should we believe him?