WO-S/Newton

WOSdrummer99

Let's get it started.

Two top 10 teams meet up next Friday night. Newton barely recovered for the storm and showed a lot of heart in a tough loss to Jasper. After 3 weeks of cancellations, the Mustangs just started practicing again and need to knock some rust off quick. Usually we have big games in the preseason, but in 2020 we get 1 before starting district play.

man if w.o ever needed a game to play its now. They're so behind on game situations reps than any team.newton will get better as the season goes on.right now its a struggle and it didn't help there qb got hurt.well its like this that I've seen Carthage,jasper,Silsbee, play this year.i love what there coaches are doing in establishing the run.and at the same time scoring. Which brings me to this w.o team. They're so loaded on defense!! Reminds me of the defense of 15/16. They will be tough.but in the era were in u have to put up points.and can't be give me 21 and let the defense do the rest.with all the talent on offense with no one going both ways.no excuses.if that offense continues to click with gales,shaw,Thompson,judge,pop,zigler,#3, so much talent.the last 2 yrs they had a gud team.not great. Especially on offense.so if pop lead this team like he should want nobody beat them.

17 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Too far out to predict when its gonna rain. 80% friday, 10% Saturday. This game has be played some how some way. Play every game like it's the last this year.

WOS 2020

Actually, weather.com has the chances of rain as only 20% on Friday.

This is the hidden content, please

2 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

Actually, weather.com has the chances of rain as only 20% on Friday.

My numbers came from the site's partner KFDM weather app. But on 2nd look, Friday evening is only 20%.

The thing about meteorologists is they can be wrong and still keep their jobs. Kinda like people predicting sports scores. Who knows?

1 hour ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Wos by double-digits, if it's played. 

It will be if its played. Newton will have a hard time moving the ball on this defense. Probably  the best defense they have had in the last 3 yrs. But they want score like jasper did. W.o will get a lead and than sit on it. With backups in the game. That trend needs to stop. Were in a era of scoring. This is one of the deepest  teams they have had in years if they can ever get on the field.the 2 key things for them center and guard.replacing courtney Davis want be easy.if those athletes get off early want nobody beat them anytime soon.

4 minutes ago, dj said:

It will be if its played. Newton will have a hard time moving the ball on this defense. Probably  the best defense they have had in the last 3 yrs. But they want score like jasper did. W.o will get a lead and than sit on it. With backups in the game. That trend needs to stop. Were in a era of scoring. This is one of the deepest  teams they have had in years if they can ever get on the field.the 2 key things for them center and guard.replacing courtney Davis want be easy.if those athletes get off early want nobody beat them anytime soon.

If WOS defense is that legit Newton will struggle big time. Never saw any reason to run the score up. Put those backups in and get them somewhat experienced when you can. 

1 hour ago, NEagles95 said:

If WOS defense is that legit Newton will struggle big time. Never saw any reason to run the score up. Put those backups in and get them somewhat experienced when you can. 

There defense is legit. As the season goes along they will get even better.lbs and secondary strengths.but its not abt running any score up.they have to find consistency on offense for up the road.pop is a 3yr starter and its time for him to cash in.the offense has struggle with t/o and inconsistent running game.even with gales and #3,shaw.and if they offense clicks early. There gonna be a tough out for anyone. If its played next Friday u want be disappointed.in what I just said.

3 hours ago, dj said:

There defense is legit. As the season goes along they will get even better.lbs and secondary strengths.but its not abt running any score up.they have to find consistency on offense for up the road.pop is a 3yr starter and its time for him to cash in.the offense has struggle with t/o and inconsistent running game.even with gales and #3,shaw.and if they offense clicks early. There gonna be a tough out for anyone. If its played next Friday u want be disappointed.in what I just said.

This is good to know.,you mentioned some teams in your early post  that will  be contenders as well. You forgot one those pesty Brahma bulls are a very good team. They have a big running back and their defense is good and big.

53 minutes ago, ladybug33 said:

This is good to know.,you mentioned some teams in your early post  that will  be contenders as well. You forgot one those pesty Brahma bulls are a very good team. They have a big running back and their defense is good and big.

Oh no didn't forget them. They moved to the other region. Lol, so we're gonna let some of them other schools deal reece and riggs. They're as gud as advertised.

10 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Bellville is still in Region III.

Aggies u had to hurt my feelings!! I thought with the realignment they moved over one. Lol !! But its gud. Me personally I luv to give credit where credit is due.no matter who the team is.even as a sophomore reece is on that level.but I must say this if they did meet the price of admissions would be worth it.i said it earlier w.o strength is there LBs. And secondary. And #9 who's going to baylor.tyrone brown and the other kid are as gud as advertised.and by the time jadon Jones graduates he will be an all state safety.

14 hours ago, dj said:

man if w.o ever needed a game to play its now. They're so behind on game situations reps than any team.newton will get better as the season goes on.right now its a struggle and it didn't help there qb got hurt.well its like this that I've seen Carthage,jasper,Silsbee, play this year.i love what there coaches are doing in establishing the run.and at the same time scoring. Which brings me to this w.o team. They're so loaded on defense!! Reminds me of the defense of 15/16. They will be tough.but in the era were in u have to put up points.and can't be give me 21 and let the defense do the rest.with all the talent on offense with no one going both ways.no excuses.if that offense continues to click with gales,shaw,Thompson,judge,pop,zigler,#3, so much talent.the last 2 yrs they had a gud team.not great. Especially on offense.so if pop lead this team like he should want nobody beat them.

I don't think it's going be rain out wos take this one this year