Jasper at Silsbee

tennisbc

2 minutes ago, One4All said:

Maybe they do but, these non-district games don't matter to Silsbee...just preparing for district....

All non-district games matter, they help get you ready for district and the playoffs. They matter in the eyes of the players and fans and even the coaches. Non-District Games Matter

4 minutes ago, tennisbc said:

All non-district games matter, they help get you ready for district and the playoffs. They matter in the eyes of the players and fans and even the coaches. Non-District Games Matter

I agree to a point. But I am ok with a team losing all their non-district games but winning all their district games and making a deep run in playoffs.

Just saying

4 minutes ago, tennisbc said:

I agree that all non-district games matter, but I have been told by a bunch of "high-profile" Silsbee fans that they are only worried about district. #ALLGAMESMATTER

10 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I agree to a point. But I am ok with a team losing all their non-district games but winning all their district games and making a deep run in playoffs.

Just saying

I agree that district games are more important but yes even non district games matter

9 minutes ago, wosfan1992 said:

Non-District games means a lot. it helps your team confidence. nobody wants to go into district losing pretty much all of their non district games

You are correct, it helps confidence greatly if you win and believe in the system. Little steps are important as well but confidence is important as well

12 minutes ago, wosfan1992 said:

Non-District games means a lot. it helps your team confidence. nobody wants to go into district losing pretty much all of their non district games

True.

But an example:

1998 Silsbee

went 1-3 in non-district with one of those losses to WO-S, 17-0

went 5-1 in district, losing to Dayton, 45-38.

made it to regional finals losing to state runner up LaMarque, 20-14.

Silsbee beat WO-S in first round of playoffs. ;)

So yes, non district games do matter, but not near as much as the "other" games.

I have seen several small personnel changes after each scrimmage and each game so far.  These small changes have made huge dividends in efficiency compared to the previous week.

Jones did not look comfortable at all in the PNG game.  Against Newton, 100% improvement in my eyes as far as recognizing how much time he has to throw. That's film and coaching at its best.  

Still sorting out the receiving core it seems. No T. Lowe yet and other than B. Newton, nobody has stepped up.

Maybe nobody agrees with me here but I felt Silsbee controlled most of this game but four plays would changed this game.

1) Int Non Call (hmm)

2) Dropped TD before half.

3) Dropped Slant

(Nobody would have caught him)

4) 1st and Goal - No TD

Newton took the ball and scored directly after three of the four.  All of these were emotional let downs in my opinion.  Led to a lack of focus and the resulting scores.

Fixable.  It will come.

Newton did their job.  Capitalized on opportunities.  

6 minutes ago, Silsbee92 said:

I have seen several small personnel changes after each scrimmage and each game so far.  These small changes have made huge dividends in efficiency compared to the previous week.

Jones did not look comfortable at all in the PNG game.  Against Newton, 100% improvement in my eyes as far as recognizing how much time he has to throw. That's film and coaching at its best.  

Still sorting out the receiving core it seems. No T. Lowe yet and other than B. Newton, nobody has stepped up.

Maybe nobody agrees with me here but I felt Silsbee controlled most of this game but four plays would changed this game.

1) Int Non Call (hmm)

2) Dropped TD before half.

3) Dropped Slant

(Nobody would have caught him)

4) 1st and Goal - No TD

Newton took the ball and scored directly after three of the four.  All of these were emotional let downs in my opinion.  Led to a lack of focus and the resulting scores.

Fixable.  It will come.

Newton did their job.  Capitalized on opportunities.  

Yea, all these were mentioned...  The TD's that were left on the field.I know Barnes don't usually drop them, but like 3 or 4 he did and they should've been gimme's.  

Those guys will be ready next week...

1 minute ago, fishcat said:

You got that right Jasper does owe silsbee a butt whupping for what silsbee pulled after basket ball game

Are you kidding?

It was Jasper folks who jumped the Silsbee basketball team when they were heading to the bus.

But I do understand, losing to a team 126-72 at home would make me mad too. ;)