A Rare Bit of Good News

Hagar

I was in the military, but never in combat, but it doesn’t take a freaking genius to understand that things happen in war/combat that if happened anywhere else in life would be considered atrocious and inhumane.  Another fact of life most liberal (sheep) minds cannot comprehend.  I’m not excusing a My Lei massacre that happened in Vietnam Nam, but to hold our soldiers accountable for every little individual action after what they been through, is more ridiculous than the actions themselves.  I’m sure a minuscule amount might actually be a crime, but for the military’s Jag Corp to attempt to differentiate between those few crimes and acts of extreme passion is ludicrous.  Combat isn’t a game folks.  We can’t handicap our Military with rules from a civilized society.  War is not civilized.

This is the hidden content, please

2 hours ago, Hagar said:

I was in the military, but never in combat, but it doesn’t take a freaking genius to understand that things happen in war/combat that if happened anywhere else in life would be considered atrocious and inhumane.  Another fact of life most liberal (sheep) minds cannot comprehend.  I’m not excusing a My Lei massacre that happened in Vietnam Nam, but to hold our soldiers accountable for every little individual action after what they been through, is more ridiculous than the actions themselves.  I’m sure a minuscule amount might actually be a crime, but for the military’s Jag Corp to attempt to differentiate between those few crimes and acts of extreme passion is ludicrous.  Combat isn’t a game folks.  We can’t handicap our Military with rules from a civilized society.  War is not civilized.

I feel the same way about a lot of the law enforcement issues that pop up.  People create tense situations and then criticize the officers' responses while under that intense pressure.  

I don't care how much you train or prepare someone, there's a complete and total difference between firing dummy rounds while training on a paintball course somewhere versus an instantaneous situation where someone is trying to kill you.... even if the threat isn't as real as the officer believes it to be. 

When I hear about "the talk" that AAs have with their kids, I'm reminded of the same exact talk that my Dad had with me.  Well, almost the same.  He didn't tell me the that the cops were all racist.  He DID tell me that I'd better "yes, sir" and "no, sir" because they could honestly take me down a dirt road and do whatever they wanted to.  He also gave me a good point about "you never know who caught their old lady in bed with somebody else this morning.... and you might be the smart_ss that he snaps on." My dad also had the belief (which I share) that the police NEED to kick the crap out of people sometimes... It's what keeps people in line.  You have 15 year old kids armed with cellphones talking mad garbage to cops because they know that most officers aren't willing to give up their careers in exchange for "helping" this young person learn how to behave responsibly in a civilized society.  And all of our "progress" has only made things worse.  Has all of the kneeling and ambushed police officers made our inner cities any safer?  No, things are worse than ever.   All it's served to do is embolden the bad guys.

Exactly right.  For our Military and Police, putting their actions under a microscope by ‘Monday Morning QB’s’ is extremely unfair.  These people are just humans, not some fictional Superman.  Their split second decisions are influxed with fear, anxiety, adrenaline, and all the human emotions.   

It’s easy to criticize, until you’re confronted.  Here’s a video that shows an organizer who had protested Police shootings, going through Shoot or Don’t Shoot Police scenario.  He came away with a better understanding.