Beaumont Central @ Vidor

Alpha Wolf

4 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

True, which means I'll take my chances with vidor in a sloppy game for two reasons:

1- that offense is hard to stop if your not mentally prepared for it. 

2- Vidor has been focusing on Central for the past week and a half due to their bye week. The coaches will have them ready for this game.

In a sloppy game it's going to come down to who makes less mistakes. I would say Vidor at this point.

Some good points...

But the Jags will continue to practice and Coach Nelson will have them ready.  The boys know they were embarrassed this past week, it won't happen 2 weeks in a row. 

3 minutes ago, Jag Insider said:

Some good points...

But the Jags will continue to practice and Coach Nelson will have them ready.  The boys know they were embarrassed this past week, it won't happen 2 weeks in a row. 

I don't think they will be embarrassed this week either, just wont come out with a W. Nelson is gonna do good, I just next year will be yalls breakout year from him that your looking for.

5 hours ago, REBgp said:

Not surprised.  The mayhem caused by Harvey will linger for many years.  So Central has another disruption, and Vidor hasn't even played a game, or had much practice.  All the makings of another sloppy game.  

I was wondering if they (Vidor) were able to get any practice in with all the stuff going on there.

Since Vidor hasn't played yet, it makes it difficult to predict a score.  I certainly don't think Central will help Vidor as much as they helped PAM.  But I do expect a hard hitting, good football game from these two, as they've played in the past.  Should be a good one.

On Thursday, September 21, 2017 at 9:38 AM, WOSgrad said:

That is somewhat correct.  It was moved to the 27th.  But Coach Nelson last week confirmed that the game had been moved back to the 26th.  I saw a facebook post from the Vidor athletic secretary affirming that.

The game will be played on October 26th.

You mean September 26th?

This sucks for Vidor, because this game could very well go a long way in determining a playoff berth. 

I really thought before Harvey that Vidor would beat Central in Vidor, but with this being Vidor's first game of the year and Central having one under their belt, I think the Jaguars pull this win out.

But, I will say this, the home field advantage may eliminate any advantage Central has.

This one will definitely be a real slobber knocker!!

4 hours ago, REBgp said:

Since Vidor hasn't played yet, it makes it difficult to predict a score.  I certainly don't think Central will help Vidor as much as they helped PAM.  But I do expect a hard hitting, good football game from these two, as they've played in the past.  Should be a good one.

Are you going to be in attendance?

1 hour ago, PlayActionPass said:

This sucks for Vidor, because this game could very well go a long way in determining a playoff berth. 

I really thought before Harvey that Vidor would beat Central in Vidor, but with this being Vidor's first game of the year and Central having one under their belt, I think the Jaguars pull this win out.

But, I will say this, the home field advantage may eliminate any advantage Central has.

This one will definitely be a real slobber knocker!!

1.  I agree, 2 teams will be fighting for 3 spots between Central, Nederland and Vidor. 

2.  Vidor has had 2 scrimmages (WO-S & H-J) despite not having an actual game.  So it's not like they haven't seen any other team.  The good thing about their offense is they have been running it since middle school so I don't expect too many issues there. 

3.  Playing in Vidor and us having none of the things that go with football games (band, dancers, etc.) besides cheerleaders may very well wipe any advantage out.  Plus the fact, lets be real.  The senior Jaguars have the issues going on with their school and how this will affect their graduation on their minds.  Can Nelson get them to focus solely on football for 3 hours?

4.  Jaguars got bullied last week.  Will they be the bully's tonight or be bullied again?

5 minutes ago, Jag Insider said:

1.  I agree, 2 teams will be fighting for 3 spots between Central, Nederland and Vidor. 

2.  Vidor has had 2 scrimmages (WO-S & H-J) despite not having an actual game.  So it's not like they haven't seen any other team.  The good thing about their offense is they have been running it since middle school so I don't expect too many issues there. 

3.  Playing in Vidor and us having none of the things that go with football games (band, dancers, etc.) besides cheerleaders may very well wipe any advantage out.  Plus the fact, lets be real.  The senior Jaguars have the issues going on with their school and how this will affect their graduation on their minds.  Can Nelson get them to focus solely on football for 3 hours?

4.  Jaguars got bullied last week.  Will they be the bully's tonight or be bullied again?

Why is Central band not going?

11 minutes ago, 409ANALYST said:

i am going to the Central vs. Vidor game tonight.  I feel sorry for the kids at Central.  I hope they are allowed to go back to their school soon.

I don't want them to return to the campus until it's TRULY ready for them to return.  Even if that means tearing it down and rebuilding it.  They should have never been in there...

29 minutes ago, Jag Insider said:

There instruments are locked in one of the buildings that they won't allow anyone into.

I wonder why they don't get workers to put respirators on and go get the equipment. Then the equipment could be cleaned up and used. Ridiculous not having the band there.