Stars United

nappyroots

6 hours ago, nappyroots said:

probably should have put this in the locker room. just tired of all the negativity and hate on the political forum

Who is spouting the negativity and hate? Please call them out...Left or Right. I bet you won't do it. I think you are using the old tired "tried and true" tactic of equivalency when equivalency does not exist. So please, engage in your best attempt to defend this statement. I don't think I will hold my breath.

17 hours ago, nappyroots said:

probably should have put this in the locker room. just tired of all the negativity and hate on the political forum

The reason you perceive all the postings on the Political Forum as negativity and hate is because your beliefs are based on democratic lies, and the bias perpetrated by the bias/slanted liberal media. Β And the above mentioned postings exposed the fallacy of your political belief system. Β SoΒ what you're calling negativity and hate, are actually reality and truth. Β But you won't embrace that, you want to hang on to to the fantasy that is the Democratic Party.

13 hours ago, Englebert said:

Who is spouting the negativity and hate? Please call them out...Left or Right. I bet you won't do it. I think you are using the old tired "tried and true" tactic of equivalency when equivalency does not exist. So please, engage in your best attempt to defend this statement. I don't think I will hold my breath.

I never said who was spouting the negativity and hate and i don't care, im speaking of both sides that are involved. Im trying to remain positive these days. ive helped people of ALL races after Tropical Storm Harvey and have met some wonderful people of all races. would like to see more of my people(black folk) get involved in helping. have met some foolish folk, but the good folk and the appreciative folk outnumbered the bad. I will never again get involved in the type of talk that you have displayed on my latest post. You can save it for Big Girl, Tobie..... are one of your other democratic foes. I have no argument for you!

1 hour ago, REBgp said:

The reason you perceive all the postings on the Political Forum as negativity and hate is because your beliefs are based on democratic lies, and the bias perpetrated by the bias/slanted liberal media. Β And the above mentioned postings exposed the fallacy of your political belief system. Β SoΒ what you're calling negativity and hate, are actually reality and truth. Β But you won't embrace that, you want to hang on to to the fantasy that is the Democratic Party.

Rebgp if you are a republican and someone else is a democrat I respect both of your choices. i am democrat. There are Republicans that i have grown to like. i used to bad mouth Ted Cruz . I spoke with him in Port Arthur the other day and was pleased to meet him . I don't like every democrat politician and will never vote straight ticket again. We are stuck with bad politicians in either party. While volunteering after this storm and the floods I remembered how my grandmother liked everyone, never said a bad thing about anyone. She didn't care about race, political affilliation are religion choice. Her motto was if she couldn't say anything good or helpful she didn't say anything at all. There are many things that we can agree on, StartingΒ conversations with Why blacks are White folks ......is usually never good. People go to defense mode and say things that even they might not believe. Blaming all blacks for blm are all whites for kkk, saying all dems or all rep are bad helps keep people divided, so the crooked politicians and the individuals or companies that are paying them off can get their way

15 minutes ago, nappyroots said:

I never said who was spouting the negativity and hate and i don't care, im speaking of both sides that are involved. Im trying to remain positive these days. ive helped people of ALL races after Tropical Storm Harvey and have met some wonderful people of all races. would like to see more of my people(black folk) get involved in helping. have met some foolish folk, but the good folk and the appreciative folk outnumbered the bad. I will never again get involved in the type of talk that you have displayed on my latest post. You can save it for Big Girl, Tobie..... are one of your other democratic foes. I have no argument for you!

All I can say is that all of those people were there before Harvey. Too bad it takes a disaster for people to open their eyes. We, the right on this board, are good people too. When you come at someone with racism and slavery, what response do you expect?Β We have already attempted to get past those times. When you have those who can't, for some odd reason, then it creates turmoil.

1 hour ago, nappyroots said:

Rebgp if you are a republican and someone else is a democrat I respect both of your choices. i am democrat. There are Republicans that i have grown to like. i used to bad mouth Ted Cruz . I spoke with him in Port Arthur the other day and was pleased to meet him . I don't like every democrat politician and will never vote straight ticket again. We are stuck with bad politicians in either party. While volunteering after this storm and the floods I remembered how my grandmother liked everyone, never said a bad thing about anyone. She didn't care about race, political affilliation are religion choice. Her motto was if she couldn't say anything good or helpful she didn't say anything at all. There are many things that we can agree on, StartingΒ conversations with Why blacks are White folks ......is usually never good. People go to defense mode and say things that even they might not believe. Blaming all blacks for blm are all whites for kkk, saying all dems or all rep are bad helps keep people divided, so the crooked politicians and the individuals or companies that are paying them off can get their way

Possibly your best post ever. Β And I agree with virtually everything you said. Β MaybeΒ everything, but I'm so sleepy (from helping my sisters who was flooded)Β you might have slipped one in on me lol. Β My last birthday, one of many, I got one birthday card. Β It was from a guy I use to work with that I'd helped when his family was going thru some hard times. Β Yes, a black man. Β We still stay in touch, and occasionally meet in Bmt to eat together. Β Skin color doesn't make good or bad, it's what's in our hearts. Β I even know a few democrats who are good folks (don't get the Big Head Hoops).

22 hours ago, nappyroots said:

Β 

No black or white or democrat or republican. people joined together for a positive cause

I posted this video in another forum the other day. Β Is there anything more 80s than this video? Β Also, not surprised Prince gave them a pass. Β Also, how depressing was it if you were an 80s singer and didn't get the invite? Β Also, peep Dwight Schrute at the 4:19 marker.Β 

Back on topic, your message is good too Nappy. Β 

1 hour ago, baddog said:

All I can say is that all of those people were there before Harvey. Too bad it takes a disaster for people to open their eyes. We, the right on this board, are good people too. When you come at someone with racism and slavery, what response do you expect?Β We have already attempted to get past those times. When you have those who can't, for some odd reason, then it creates turmoil.

Everybody needs to open their eyes baddog and i didn't say anything about a specific group or political party. I said negativity and hate. can you show me where i blamed one specific group.

7 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

I posted this video in another forum the other day. Β Is there anything more 80s than this video? Β Also, not surprised Prince gave them a pass. Β Also, how depressing was it if you were an 80s singer and didn't get the invite? Β Also, peep Dwight Schrute at the 4:19 marker.Β 

Back on topic, your message is good too Nappy. Β 

Not many videos show so many great voices in one video and genres of music together!

1 hour ago, stevenash said:

Question for PamFam and Nappy:Β  do you believe that government can solve every social problem that comes along?Β  Do you believe that everyone should give all of their possessions and net worth and put them in one big pot and let government dole out what it thinks is appropriate for each individual?

Im very blessed to have had employment and healthcare insurance to take care of myself. My mother worked at one job for 40 years, helped take care of others for 5 or six years after that and became ill to the point where she may have needed government help had she lived any longer than she did! So in some situations government help may be needed. The pie of government spending may surprise some.

1 hour ago, PAMFAM10 said:

NRoots I gave up hope along time ago at least on this board. I don't think being a republican or democrat makes you anymore less American i wish we bounced more of our own ideas around rather than.. The typical 1000 ways to prove your party is ...... etc. etc.

I work with many people that make a diffrence in their own communities and have been for a long time. I am 52 years old and have just started trying. Pray that I can keep it up.Β 

18 minutes ago, nappyroots said:

Everybody needs to open their eyes baddog and i didn't say anything about a specific group or political party. I said negativity and hate. can you show me where i blamed one specific group.

The biggest divider is race, not political affiliation. You mentioned how many good peopleΒ you met of all races. Most of your postsΒ have been directed at whites on this board. You constantly bring up race and slavery. Who the heck is that directed towards if not one specific group? I know lots of people need to open their eyes. I simply said that the good people you met were already there. You just didn't see them until catastrophe struck.

My point is that while your video shows how people can come together as one, it takes a 9/11 or a Harvey before some are moved.Β 

1 hour ago, baddog said:

It didn't just take a disaster for me. Looking in the eyes of my 18 month and six month old grandkids helped also. I have never been a racist. Ive seen racism from all races though. just trying to improve my health and life. the storm recovery seemed like a good place to start. Kinda like using the treadmill to hang cloths on. time to start exercising. 24 hr news, disrespectful youth. its time for change, it takes everyone to try and help this society.

4 minutes ago, nappyroots said:

It didn't just take a disaster for me. Looking in the eyes of my 18 month and six month old grandkids helped also. I have never been a racist. Ive seen racism from all races though. just trying to improve my health and life. the storm recovery seemed like a good place to start. Kinda like using the treadmill to hang cloths on. time to start exercising. 24 hr news, disrespectful youth. its time for change, it takes everyone to try and help this society.

Good post

17 minutes ago, baddog said:

The biggest divider is race, not political affiliation. You mentioned how many good peopleΒ you met of all races. Most of your postsΒ have been directed at whites on this board. You constantly bring up race and slavery. Who the heck is that directed towards if not one specific group? I know lots of people need to open their eyes. I simply said that the good people you met were already there. You just didn't see them until catastrophe struck.

My point is that while your video shows how people can come together as one, it takes a 9/11 or a Harvey before some are moved.Β 

Ok man I want be on this board that much anyway. But if you choose to complain about me bringing up the past thats fine. i haven't posted in a monthΒ and try to come back as a better poster and you want to complain about me , thats fine . its your right. I will not go there.

12 minutes ago, baddog said:

One last thing, if my previous post offended anyone. I Apologize today!

6 hours ago, nappyroots said:

You didn't say because you don't want to admit the negativity and hate is primarily generated by the Left. That is undisputable, but you and your ilk always try to play the equivalency card. That's just like saying Lois Lerner and the IRS targeted each side. My post had nothing to do with race, but as usual you have to bring it up because you won't dare tackle the issue at hand. And you are right up there with the king of misinterpreting the type of talk I brought up in my last post. You bring it up and run like a little child when challenged to defend your statements. I'll save my posts for Big Girl and newtobie, but will also call you out when you post that nonsense. You've made some good posts in the past and some good posts recently, but you still maintain your Liberal stance that me and everyone on this board that doesn't tow the Liberal line is inherently racist and bigoted, and the percentage of bad eggs are somehow equal. You have made it abundantly clear you follow the Liberal agenda and have no problem throwing out backhanded insults to non-Liberals. Go run and hide some more...but don't think I won't call you out or ask you to defend your statements.

13 minutes ago, Englebert said:

You didn't say because you don't want to admit the negativity and hate is primarily generated by the Left. That is undisputable, but you and your ilk always try to play the equivalency card. That's just like saying Lois Lerner and the IRS targeted each side. My post had nothing to do with race, but as usual you have to bring it up because you won't dare tackle the issue at hand. And you are right up there with the king of misinterpreting the type of talk I brought up in my last post. You bring it up and run like a little child when challenged to defend your statements. I'll save my posts for Big Girl and newtobie, but will also call you out when you post that nonsense. You've made some good posts in the past and some good posts recently, but you still maintain your Liberal stance that me and everyone on this board that doesn't tow the Liberal line is inherently racist and bigoted, and the percentage of bad eggs are somehow equal. You have made it abundantly clear you follow the Liberal agenda and have no problem throwing out backhanded insults to non-Liberals. Go run and hide some more...but don't think I won't call you out or ask you to defend your statements.

Facts can sure screw up a Β kumbaya moment.

Hopefully, you won't cause more folks to "give up hope" on the forum.

lol