Silsbee vs Argyle 4A State Semi Final

32 minutes ago, ST413 said:

Just saw this, he stated the Midlothian AD tweeted the matchups, said ours would be the 3:00 game.  Let's hope that isn't a mistake.  I thought this was actually decided sometime Sunday.

It is decided Sunday morning. Don't know how that AD has that info. It could work out that way but nothing is decided till Sunday morning. Only thing certain is that Argyle and Brazosport will not face each other in semifinals. They are the top two seeds by win percentage. Silsbee will face one of them in semis, depending on coin flip, game time TBD.

12 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

It is decided Sunday morning. Don't know how that AD has that info. It could work out that way but nothing is decided till Sunday morning. Only thing certain is that Argyle and Brazosport will not face each other in semifinals. They are the top two seeds by win percentage. Silsbee will face one of them in semis, depending on coin flip, game time TBD.

That's what I thought and to make it even more questionable it was posted at about 10:30 by the time stamp, just saw it on his page.

1 hour ago, WOSgrad said:

It appears that what the Midlothian AD did was assume #1 will play #4 and 2 will play 3.  As AAW pointed out, it may work out this way, but we won't KNOW that until sometime later this morning.

I am not arguing.  I remember this assumption every year.  I am seeing reports elsewhere of the coaches already being sent the matchups.

3 minutes ago, ST413 said:

I am not arguing.  I remember this assumption every year.  I am seeing reports elsewhere of the coaches already being sent the matchups.

I wasn't arguing either.  Just trying to make sense of why an AD would be sending out info on matchups the night before they are supposed to (or at least have in past years) be set.

5 minutes ago, ST413 said:

Coaches have been sent the match ups. Seems UIL decided to get the ball rolling sooner. I assume it's because all the regional final games were done by 5pm yesterday. In the past, some regional finals were not played till 7-8pm on Saturday.

Silsbee will be playing Argyle at 3pm Friday.

59 points is the most a team has scored on Argyle all year... this is not going to be an easy win. Silsbee has ALWAYS struggled with fundamental teams that can break the press and play great half court defense. This is the matchup that losing McCain will be obviously severe... That being said, this is the best team Silsbee has ever had... silsbee wins 78-61

Have any of you seen Argyle play I" have and their just like Levelland and just like last year had no ideal how they mad it to state tournament .! This game will end up pretty much like that game last year with Levelland. Same thing with Brazosport they will destroy Heritage. And this is my opinion.! #TigerNation :)

7 minutes ago, Who That said:

Have any of you seen Argyle play I" have and their just like Levelland and just like last year had no ideal how they mad it to state tournament .! This game will end up pretty much like that game last year with Levelland. Same thing with Brazosport they will destroy Heritage. And this is my opinion.! #TigerNation :)

Argyle is better than Levelland. But we beat Argyle last year 56-52.

The UIL needs to add a shot clock.  That's not happening between now and Friday at 3:00pm.  Argyle is a wily team.  They are disciplined, fundamentally strong, they shoot well, probably hit a good percentage of their free throws, efficient.  They are always in the top ten, girls and boys, and not just in basketball.  Academics, band they do it all in Argyle.  Model school, model school district.  Don't take them lightly. 

Things are good in Silsbee too.  Beat D Lincoln this year.  Leave the 'D" off, that's the only Lincoln around in Texas, that I know of.  Lincoln is out of it now, but that is significant, to me anyway.  Same for beating Yates.  You have to savor victories like that.  Also the fact that Silsbee made it to the final game last year.  In the words of James Cleveland ... come too far from where.. started from.
Nobody told me that the road would be easy,..

Well, it is Sunday, somebodie's sabbath.  Let's do this.

8 minutes ago, Who That said:

Argyle is absolutely nothing like Levelland from last year. Levelland was 25-12 heading into the state tournament, and came from a much weaker region.  Argyle is 31-4 heading to the state tournament, and beat #15 Wilmer-Hutchins, #8 Carter, #6 Center and #14 Paris to get out of of their region.

Silsbee should and probably will prevail, but it will not be a blowout like last years semifinal game.

Remember in that argyle game last year silsbee was down either 15-20 points and came back to win tigers need to apply lots of pressure and try to make argyle play tigers ball that's how they came back last year and beat them by 4 silsbee has seen them before which should help good luck tigers.

Have I" been wrong about any score are game this year that Silsbee has played yes 1... I" said Silsbee would beat Yates by 20 + but was wrong find one other game where I" was wrong about any score are team we have played. And I" said along time ago Lincoln would not be back to San Antonio this year. Wy most of  yall was still in to football" their are a few of use that Was in to watching basketball.!! ARGYLE biggest problem will be getting the ball down court and pass the haft court line.  lmo....