Silsbee vs Argyle 4A State Semi Final

11 minutes ago, Who That said:

Have I" been wrong about any score are game this year that Silsbee has played yes 1... I" said Silsbee would beat Yates by 20 + but was wrong find one other game where I" was wrong about any score are team we have played. And I" said along time ago Lincoln would not be back to San Antonio this year. Wy most of  yall was still in to football" their are a few of use that Was in to watching basketball.!! ARGYLE biggest problem will be getting the ball down court and pass the haft court line.  lmo.... 

I hope your right and I'm wrong but I don't see it happening. Silsbee will win, but I don't see more than 20 points. They would beat Yates also. This team knows how to play basketball and the program knows how to win big games. Their girls just won their 3rd straight Staye Championship yesterday. They are good in football and everything else. They will be very discipline and not turn the ball over as much as you think. Their coach is a hell of a coach. Silsbee wins 78-61

I believe you one of the most improved things about silsbee is being able to adjust to the different styles of basketball with this particular team from  last year to this year they know how argyle plays and will be ready for them need to come out strong on argyle and watch the fouls hit free throws and they will be fine 

1 hour ago, Who That said:

Have any of you seen Argyle play I" have and their just like Levelland and just like last year had no ideal how they mad it to state tournament .! This game will end up pretty much like that game last year with Levelland. Same thing with Brazosport they will destroy Heritage. And this is my opinion.! #TigerNation :)

If you think Argyle is no better than Levelland, then you know nothing about basketball. Argyle is much better than Levelland. Silsbee will not beat Argyle by 40 points. MARK THAT DOWN!!!

Getting to State is Hard, back to back appearances is even more difficult. Hats off to these young men as they embark on another journey to the Title. I've seen some good teams over the years, even played on some good teams. I've never witnessed anything like this Silsbee Team.  Bring Home that Title Guys!!!! Good Luck Guys

17 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

If you think Argyle is no better than Levelland, then you know nothing about basketball. Argyle is much better than Levelland. Silsbee will not beat Argyle by 40 points. MARK THAT DOWN!!!

Did I" say they would win by 40 points lmo.! I was wateing for your remark I" new it was comeing I" was just telling Mike J" you would have something to say .!

Didn't see the game of course, but Argyle's 19 point win over Paris sounds like a defensive masterpiece.  They held opponents to an average of 37.  And along the way they blew out a number teams.  

But I think it's a great matchup.  It's the one I wanted.  Both teams can play good half court basketball.  Argyle is probably better at that, obviously.  But I wonder if Argyle has faced anyone who pushes the ball up the court with the semi-maniacal intensity that Silsbee often displays.  Average times of possession less than 5 seconds range.  The Tigers' passing game is sometimes more like football than basketball.  It's like they are running posts and deep outs.

I think the contrast will contribute to a fabulous game.

If you could win by half a point I would settle for that. The two things that impress me about the Tigers is the way they quickly push the ball up the floor and their smooth shooting touch when they get set up. 

They have a lot of guys who can shoot the "3". You never know who will have the hot hand. 

The third thing I like about them is the way Barnes and Jones crash the offensive boards. Barnes must have scored ten off rebounds Saturday. 

7 hours ago, Who That said:

Did I" say they would win by 40 points lmo.! I was wateing for your remark I" new it was comeing I" was just telling Mike J" you would have something to say .!

Well, you said Argyle was no better than Levelland and Silsbee beat Levelland by 40 last year.

Not sure what Michael has to do with you and my convo.

I obviously want Silsbee to win but I'll take Argyle if you are giving 20+ like you seem to think the game will go.

For those not going to the game and want to watch it online.

Fox Sports Southwest and NFHS Network will combine to televise and webcast the UIL Boys Basketball State Tournament March 9-11 at the Alamodome in San Antonio.

NFHS Network will provide a live webcast of all 2017 Boys Basketball State Tournament games online with a subscription at

This is the hidden content, please
. Subscribers can also watch on the go by downloading the NFHS Network app for iPhone and Android devices.

FOX Sports Southwest will telecast the 6A championship final at 8:30 p.m. on Saturday, March 11. See schedule below for details. FOX Sports GO, the free app that provides live streaming video of FOX Sports content at home or on-the-go, also will live stream the games to customers of participating TV providers.

FOX Sports GO is currently available for iOS, Apple TV, Android, Android TV, Fire tablets and Fire phones, Roku players and Roku TV, select Windows devices, and online at FOXSportsGO.com.

3 hours ago, BADSANTA said:

Silsbee will have to force Argyle to play into their tempo. Argyle is very good defensive and does a lot of things well. Silsbee will need to play sound defense and stay out of foul trouble. I still think Silsbee is the better team and wins this one. Go get em Tigers!!! 

And they can do that when they have the ball.  Silsbee can force the action on offense against just about anybody.  The Tiger transition game is rocket propelled.  Even after made baskets Silsbee is sometimes down the court in 2 seconds.  Actually they are more like cheetahs than tigers in that regard.

On defense the Tigers will have to be crafty cats.  Of course full court one on one pressure as always.  Never let them walk it up.  With the athletic and sneaky defenders Silsbee has that's a given.  But I'd be careful with pressing and trapping.  Give it a try but I have a feeling Argyle will be up for that challenge and could get some unnecessarily easy transition baskets out of it.  Don't let the Eagles add a bunch of needless transition points to the inevitable half court points.  But I'm sure the Coach is way ahead of us on all this.  Like the insurance add, he know's a thing or two because he's seen a thing or two

The wild card as always is Silsbee's 3 point shooting.  If the Tigers can hit just 35% the Eagles will be flying back to the nest Friday evening.