Monte Barrow named new HC/AD at Nederland!

KABrother

7 minutes ago, outanup said:

This should be over quickly, Barrow gets the job or the Sup has a lot of explaining to do.  There's nothing here to keep you from moving this program in the right direction it has been on.  Dont screw this up.

I hope you are right..... No question that the potential is there to split the jobs. 

1 hour ago, Brubaker said:

This isn't Indiana, this is TEXAS

What an idiotic comment.  I agree that Barrow should be HC, but Brian English is more than qualified to be AD.  If Monte Bartow is not named HC / AD, he will have no one to blame but himself for not getting his masters degree and putting himself in position to be Neumann's replacement knowing that he had the inside track.  

My God, I hope that they split the jobs just to be able to see the wailing and gnashing of teeth by some of you.  Because I feel quite confident that Barrow and English would have far less problem with it than some of you gurus.

Keep basketball coaches where they are..bottom line,football is and always will be king in southeast Texas,especially in Nederland!!a concession stand at one football game prob makes more money than the whole basketball season..please board don't screw this up..barrow should be crowned King!!!

ps..before you guru's talk trash I have a son that plays basketball here!!

just wanna see the right thing here!!!

I love me some Coach English and have no doubt he could do the AD job well. But this is Texas and if you want to hire a top notch head football coach, the AD job needs to be attached to it. Otherwise it will be a revolving door position.

Some small schools can get away with having a non football coach as AD, but single district 4A schools and above is almost necessary to have football coach as AD.

25 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I love me some Coach English and have no doubt he could do the AD job well. But this is Texas and if you want to hire a top notch head football coach, the AD job needs to be attached to it. Otherwise it will be a revolving door position.

Some small schools can get away with having a non football coach as AD, but single district 4A schools and above is almost necessary to have football coach as AD.

Barrow has been at Nederland for 20+ years as a position coach then coordinator.  He could have left a long time ago if he really wanted to.  

The AD title isn't all that people on this board make it out to be except it comes with a pay raise.  

3 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

Barrow has been at Nederland for 20+ years as a position coach then coordinator.  He could have left along time ago if he really wanted to.  

The AD title isn't all that people on this board make it out to be except it comes with a pay raise.  

That's an anomaly.

Never said I agreed or liked that it was necessary for football to be AD, just stating that is how it is.

19 hours ago, kf89 said:

Promoting Barrow is far from giving it away,if any candidate has earned it its him & it will be a greater massive disservice to the school? Still waiting for the reasons why anyone thinks Monte Barrow is not qualified or would not be a good leader of Nederland athletics other then bs reasons. 

This is the hidden content, please

• Bigdog locked this topic