Monte Barrow named new HC/AD at Nederland!

KABrother

9 minutes ago, James Mosley said:

Barrows is the right choice

If Barrows gets it, the right guy did hear about it. Problem with Nederland is we just can't get the community to support upgrading our city. Putting band aides on stuff gets old. We do have great teachers and coaches, just poor facilities. Hopefully one day the right school board will assemble and support the direction of "new"!!

Barrow is "new?"

15 minutes ago, James Mosley said:

If Barrows gets it, the right guy did hear about it. Problem with Nederland is we just can't get the community to support upgrading our city. Putting band aides on stuff gets old. We do have great teachers and coaches, just poor facilities. Hopefully one day the right school board will assemble and support the direction of "new"!!

Very true.

26 minutes ago, James Mosley said:

Band aid the schools/ band aid the Nederland Ave project. Pathetic.

21 minutes ago, NHSBulldogFan said:

James, there have been several bonds to upgrade the football facilities over the years and they have all been voted down. Any ideas as to how to get a bond to pass when others have been voted down? 

Better advertising and knowledge of the bonds was major concern at one meeting. Plus the city needs to turn a new leaf. The older community is moving off and the community population is getting younger that sees the change for the better and knew how bad the schools were when they were in school 10, 15 even 20 years ago. And they don't want to put their kids in that school. The high school was built in 1971. Time to upgrade and build for the future in all the schools. Look at the local school districts upgrading and bettering their children future by building new. Time to join the party and get out the moldy old buildings. 

39 minutes ago, NHSBulldogFan said:

James, there have been several bonds to upgrade the football facilities over the years and they have all been voted down. Any ideas as to how to get a bond to pass when others have been voted down? 

We all hit the streets and push the truth to the city. Vote people on the school board who have the same vision for our cities future and the future of our kids. Don't except those who think the sky is falling and we can't do it! Be a generation to make a difference and stop living off what people in the 50's accomplished. We need to step it up!!

Still havent heard any valid reasons why Barrow is not the best qualified or a good choice? If Neumann & his system makes him go down as a great coach & legend in the nederland coaching ranks then how is a coach that learned from him for 23 years not a good hire? Only thing i hear is good ole boy system that exists everywhere. Even any new outside coach is gunna bring in some of his boys.   

What's "wrong" in Nederland sure as heck hasn't been the football and athletic programs, and Barrow has been an instrumental part of that success...what needs to change, is the community support for bringing the district out of the 60's and 70's with regards to facilities and the like...one day people will realize that hopefully

If you think Head football/AD success helps passing a bond you are wrong. If Larry Neumann & his 23 year success can't convince citizens to help pass a bond for new schools & facilities what makes anyone believe an outside guy that has never been to Nederland or a guy who has'nt been apart of Nederland since they graduated going to come in & change the no voters to yes?

11 minutes ago, kf89 said:

If you think Head football/AD success helps passing a bond you are wrong. If Larry Neumann & his 23 year success can't convince citizens to help pass a bond for new schools & facilities what makes anyone believe an outside guy that has never been to Nederland or a guy who has'nt been apart of Nederland since they graduated going to come in & change the no voters to yes?

Dont recall anyone saying that.

41 minutes ago, kf89 said:

don't think that is what we are saying

3 hours ago, James Mosley said:

"New" as in new schools, press box, stadium, facilities need to become new!

So, new is good in some respects but old (Barrow) is good in others?  Remember, it took an "outsider" to bring Nederland back to some kind of respectability.  The board just needs to do the right thing.  No home cooking!

58 minutes ago, Brubaker said:

I can see PNG, Central, PAM, Vidor, etc fans wanting to go outside and break it up.  Why Nederland fans would want to is a real head scratcher.

Some of us are actually Bulldog fans also. I am for whatever is best for Nederland. I have family in Nederland and who played at Nederland that are long time ticket holders at Nederland. I usually make atleast 2 reg season Bulldog games. Id say I have a geniune interest in what happens over there. Though I do not pay my taxes there. I sure do root for the Dogs most of the year

• Bigdog locked this topic