Silsbee vs Hardin Jefferson

Record of head to head since these two teams were put in same district back in '06-'07 season:

HJ                         Silsbee

'07                           2                              1

'08                           2                               2

'09                           1                               2

'10                           1                               2

'11                           0                               2

'12                           1                               1

'13                           0                               2

'14                           0                               2

'15                           1                               1

'16                           0                               2

total                         8 wins                      17 wins

HJ won 4 of the first 6 games. But since then, Silsbee has gone 15-4 in the series, winning 11 of last 13 games.

So like I said, it has gotten a bit one-sided.

Now, cue the HJ fans with the "how many state titles during that span"? ;)

Two factors in this one possibly 3:  1. Almost always a close game,  even though I don't think this one should be closer than say 12-15 pts, it won't surprise me if it is. 2.  It is a home game.  No secret that the Tigers seem to get a little distracted at home and tend to play better on the road. And the 3rd factor may be whether or not Michael McCain plays or not.  Not sure what the repercussions will be from his ejection.

35 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I think that had more to do with 2 of HJ's best players (1 being their best) not playing in that game.

One of those didn't play long in the first one.  But yes I really don't expect too much of a game in this one but I still won't be surprised.

HJ has basically a brand new team this year, with almost nothing returning from last year.  Coach Davis has done a really nice job having them competitive, but they're missing that stud player (or two) that they've always had in the past to carry them.  Add on top of that that Silsbee has the best team this rivalry has ever seen, and I don't think this game is close at all.  I love my hawks, but I don't see this one being closer that 25-30 points, and I wouldn't be shocked if Silsbee wins by 40 or more.  If the hawks keep it close I will be pleasantly surprised.

This one could get scary early on but at least the hawks are scared to play them. If Hj comes out and shoots the ball well like they are capable of doing this game will be much closer than most of us expect. No Hj doesn't have the one or two studs they normally have but the guys they do have play very well together. height is gonna be a big problem for HJ. no predictions just want each team to come out and play their hearts out!!!!.

4 hours ago, Barney Fife said:

This one could get scary early on but at least the hawks are scared to play them. If Hj comes out and shoots the ball well like they are capable of doing this game will be much closer than most of us expect. No Hj doesn't have the one or two studs they normally have but the guys they do have play very well together. height is gonna be a big problem for HJ. no predictions just want each team to come out and play their hearts out!!!!.

should have read the hawks are not scared to play them