2012-2013 20-4a all district team

BEARCAT

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1380456" timestamp="1361980504"]
Wiesbrod got MVP?  I could have sworn that his numbers were down substantially this year...
[/quote]He averaged 20 ppg for the season. Maybe you thought they were down bc he scored low against ToeToe and company. English averaged 16 on the season and 18 in district. Heck of a duo.

Congrats to all who were recognized. 

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="1380519" timestamp="1361986224"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=109855.msg1380456#msg1380456 date=1361980504]
Wiesbrod got MVP?  I could have sworn that his numbers were down substantially this year...
[/quote]He averaged 20 ppg for the season. Maybe you thought they were down bc he scored low against ToeToe and company. English averaged 16 on the season and 18 in district. Heck of a duo.

Congrats to all who were recognized.
[/quote] Yes, you my be right since he averaged 20.  Congrats to all kids that made the list.  Special shouts out to these baby jags that got recognition!

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1380520" timestamp="1361986255"]
The MVP should come from the team that won district...If Coach of the Year did, certainly MVP should as well...
[/quote]

If every coach in the district were to pick their own starting 5 from every team combined....the 1st kid picked is the MVP.  Just because the MVP usually comes from the best team, doesn't mean it should happen every time.  The "Coach of the Year" doesn't have to be district champ team either.  Even though it always works out that way.

Also, maybe two Central players were nominated for MVP. One of them being Pearson the other Wileridge. It was CLEAR that they were New Comer AND Defensive MVP respectively. Maybe some coaches saw that as clear cut and did not want to vote for the same player for 2 different awards?? Just a possibility.

The more I think about the recipients of the awards, it makes more sense. There will always be controversy in All-District selections. Always have been.

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1380520" timestamp="1361986255"]
The MVP should come from the team that won district...If Coach of the Year did, certainly MVP should as well...
[/quote]

not necessarily...certainly didn't play out that way in football.

Congrats to all of the kids who made AD

I don't know whether Weisbrod was MVP or not but the coaches thought so.  They all knew who they needed to stop when they played against Nederland.  How many teams used more that one man to guard him?  The teams that beat him used a holding, mauling, pushing defense against him rotating their players against him and the refs allowed the mauling.  He was mauled in ways they don't permit in college or pro on a continuous, complete game basis.

[quote name="quid" post="1380842" timestamp="1362050520"]
I don't know whether Weisbrod was MVP or not but the coaches thought so.  They all knew who they needed to stop when they played against Nederland.  How many teams used more that one man to guard him?  The teams that beat him used a holding, mauling, pushing defense against him rotating their players against him and the refs allowed the mauling.  He was mauled in ways they don't permit in college or pro on a continuous, complete game basis.
[/quote]
There was a sophomore from Beaumont Central that made him look real average.  ;)

[quote name="Yeoj" post="1380865" timestamp="1362059446"]
[quote author=quid link=topic=109855.msg1380842#msg1380842 date=1362050520]
[/quote]
There was a sophomore from Beaumont Central that made him look real average.  ;)
[/quote]No. A Junior (Garrison mostly) covered him man. As soon as he got past him, Wileridge stepped in. Central played a triangle on English and Weisbrod, bc coach Lee knew that one player could not stop either of them. Apparently you didn't watch the game(s).

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="1380869" timestamp="1362060424"]
[quote author=Yeoj link=topic=109855.msg1380865#msg1380865 date=1362059446]
[quote author=quid link=topic=109855.msg1380842#msg1380842 date=1362050520]
[/quote]
[/quote]No. A Junior (Garrison mostly) covered him man. As soon as he got past him, Wileridge stepped in. Central played a triangle on English and Weisbrod, bc coach Lee knew that one player could not stop either of them. Apparently you didn't watch the game(s).
[/quote]
Actually I watched Central beat them all three games. Including the game where the "MVP" was held to five points! And the game in Nederland where E'torrion dominated the "MVP" down the stretch to secure the win for the Jags! Like I said he looked average.  ;)

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="1380570" timestamp="1361989535"]
Also, maybe two Central players were nominated for MVP. One of them being Pearson the other Wileridge. It was CLEAR that they were New Comer AND Defensive MVP respectively. [b]Maybe some coaches saw that as clear cut and did not want to vote for the same player for 2 different awards??[/b] Just a possibility.

The more I think about the recipients of the awards, it makes more sense. There will always be controversy in All-District selections. Always have been.
[/quote]
Good point. I can see that being the case.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder