2012-2013 20-4a all district team

BEARCAT

[quote name="Yeoj" post="1380891" timestamp="1362065651"]
Congrats to all the players! Great season. Now I can get back to pulling for my Bruins. This basketball season had me nauseous going to all those Central games with all that maroon... Lol Business as usual now Soulja.  ;D
[/quote] You'll always be an honorary Jag in my book now after this season  I look forward to your company again next season.    8) ;)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Yeoj" post="1380891" timestamp="1362065651"]
Congrats to all the players! Great season. Now I can get back to pulling for my Bruins. This basketball season had me nauseous going to all those Central games with all that maroon... Lol Business as usual now Soulja.  ;D
[/quote] Now, if I can get you to wear a Central shirt during the football season.... 8)

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1380901" timestamp="1362068048"]
[quote author=Yeoj link=topic=109855.msg1380891#msg1380891 date=1362065651]
[/quote] Now, if I can get you to wear a Central shirt during the football season.... 8)
[/quote]
If I didn't wear on during basketball season, then you know there's no way in hell I'm wearing one during football season! Lol

If there had been a ref that would have called all the fouls he committed there might have been a different story.  He pushed and pulled on him unmercifully.  When Weisbrod got the ball, he was quickly double or tripled teamed and i saw the game.  The same guy did not guard him all night, they switched out.

[quote name="Yeoj" post="1380865" timestamp="1362059446"]
[quote author=quid link=topic=109855.msg1380842#msg1380842 date=1362050520]
I don't know whether Weisbrod was MVP or not but the coaches thought so.  They all knew who they needed to stop when they played against Nederland.  How many teams used more that one man to guard him?  The teams that beat him used a holding, mauling, pushing defense against him rotating their players against him and the refs allowed the mauling.  He was mauled in ways they don't permit in college or pro on a continuous, complete game basis.
[/quote]
There was a sophomore from Beaumont Central that made him look real average.  ;)
[/quote]

[quote name="quid" post="1380976" timestamp="1362078133"]
If there had been a ref that would have called all the fouls he committed there might have been a different story.  He pushed and pulled on him unmercifully.  When Weisbrod got the ball, he was quickly double or tripled teamed and i saw the game.  The same guy did not guard him all night, they switched out.

[quote author=Yeoj link=topic=109855.msg1380865#msg1380865 date=1362059446]
I don't know whether Weisbrod was MVP or not but the coaches thought so.  They all knew who they needed to stop when they played against Nederland.  How many teams used more that one man to guard him?  The teams that beat him used a holding, mauling, pushing defense against him rotating their players against him and the refs allowed the mauling.  He was mauled in ways they don't permit in college or pro on a continuous, complete game basis.
[/quote]
There was a sophomore from Beaumont Central that made him look real average.  ;)
[/quote]
[/quote]
So in all three games against Central,it was the officiating keeping him from playing like a MVP?

[quote name="Yeoj" post="1380983" timestamp="1362078872"]
[quote author=quid link=topic=109855.msg1380976#msg1380976 date=1362078133]

[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
So in all three games against Central,it was the officiating keeping him from playing like a MVP?

[/quote]

No.. It was the multiple defenders needed to keep him under-control.. No way teams play him straight up.. If a team does, they didn't do their homework!

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="1381006" timestamp="1362083334"]
If he was 'average', then why did teams double/triple team him?
[/quote]
I said a player from Central made him look average. In three games against the Jags he looked anything but "MVP" like. Not knocking the kid or his game. I saw him in three games and he wasn't able to lead his team to victory in any of those. He looked really average in those games I saw. Including one where E'torrian dominated him in the post down the stretch to secure the win for Central. You know like MVPs do!

[quote name="Yeoj" post="1380888" timestamp="1362064563"]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=109855.msg1380869#msg1380869 date=1362060424]
[/quote]
[/quote]No. A Junior (Garrison mostly) covered him man. As soon as he got past him, Wileridge stepped in. Central played a triangle on English and Weisbrod, bc coach Lee knew that one player could not stop either of them. Apparently you didn't watch the game(s).
[/quote]
Actually I watched Central beat them all three games. Including the game where the "MVP" was held to five points! And the game in Nederland where E'torrion dominated the "MVP" down the stretch to secure the win for the Jags! Like I said he looked average.  ;)
[/quote]

I saw all three games too. Toe-Toe is a good player I give him credit.  They might have beaten us anyway that last game in Beaumont but I still say the way they played defense on English and Weisbrod was not legal.  it's never legal to hold.  Our fault but we gave ya'll to many offensive rebounds by no one blocking out.  I saw a Georgetown team block us out and we need to learn to do that. 

[quote name="Yeoj" post="1381015" timestamp="1362084079"]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=109855.msg1381006#msg1381006 date=1362083334]
[/quote]
I said a player from Central made him look average. In three games against the Jags he looked anything but "MVP" like. Not knocking the kid or his game. I saw him in three games and he wasn't able to lead his team to victory in any of those. He looked really average in those games I saw. Including one where E'torrian dominated him in the post down the stretch to secure the win for Central. You know like MVPs do!
[/quote]

Just think, if you saw him in three games, you really missed a bunch of other games in which he probably did well.

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1381019" timestamp="1362084517"]
[quote author=Yeoj link=topic=109855.msg1381015#msg1381015 date=1362084079]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=109855.msg1381006#msg1381006 date=1362083334]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Just think, if you saw him in three games, you really missed a bunch of other games in which he probably did well.
[/quote]
Exactly! And I never said he didn't. I guess kudos to Coach Lee and the Central players for making the District MVP look average in three games.

Colton Weisbrod IMO defines everything MVP means to a team. Most Valuable
it didn't say best, most athletic, most potential; it says valuable. I watched almost every team in the area play this season and I must say I haven't seen any player get more out of their potential than this kid. He is not the best player in 20 4a. He earned this award because he plays with passion all game long. Take this kid off the team & Nederland limps into the playoffs. There were better players potentially in the district & better teams also, but for this kid to put this team on his back Speaks volumes. I've watched our so called more talented teams & players and saw these guys score 3-4-5 pts in a quarter. With this so called talent that's horrible. Little kids score in Rec ball in this manner. Yes, someone else could have won the award, but  by selecting Colton, was this choice far off? I'm just asking. I'll take effort & passion over talent any day. Talent comes around sometimes; effort & passion comes from within.  Not starting & argument, just stating an opinion.

[quote name="Big girl" post="1381056" timestamp="1362089206"]
"Honest Abe" I saw him play against Hardin-Jefferson this year and last year. They got blown out this year and he did not look great. Blue Dove, how do I contact you. :o
[/quote]Well that's a fair assessment. Two non-district games out of 70. ::)

[quote name="Big girl" post="1381098" timestamp="1362094370"]
Look I understand that you are a little sensitive since you are is father, but I have a right to my opinion. I dont think he deserved the MVP award. The coaches did so that's all that matters.
[/quote]I'm his father?? Haha. That's the funniest thing I've heard all day. ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder