Silsbee vs Livingston

CATS80

[quote name="CATS80" post="1379287" timestamp="1361819748"]
Silsbee travels to Livingston Tuesday at 7:00 pm to take on the Livingston Lions
Should be a pretty good match up. Hope the rain holds up
[/quote]

Tell Coach Nelson to push the game start time back at least 30 minutes to an hour. That way I can catch some of the game on the way back from Huntsville. ;D

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1379289" timestamp="1361820028"]
[quote author=CATS80 link=topic=109787.msg1379287#msg1379287 date=1361819748]
Silsbee travels to Livingston Tuesday at 7:00 pm to take on the Livingston Lions
Should be a pretty good match up. Hope the rain holds up
[/quote]

Tell Coach Nelson to push the game start time back at least 30 minutes to an hour. That way I can catch some of the game on the way back from Huntsville. ;D
[/quote]Will do  ;)

[quote name="Critter" post="1380453" timestamp="1361980025"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=109787.msg1380442#msg1380442 date=1361979297]
I actually got to see the final out of the game!!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]

WHAT?????? Didn't think you missed a Tiger ballgame.....
[/quote]

I didn't. I broadcast the Silsbee/Yates game last night and on the way home from Huntsville I saw the ball park lights still on in Livingston so I stopped by and as I was walking in the gate I saw the last out of the game. ;) :D

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1380454" timestamp="1361980341"]
[quote author=Critter link=topic=109787.msg1380453#msg1380453 date=1361980025]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=109787.msg1380442#msg1380442 date=1361979297]
I actually got to see the final out of the game!!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]

WHAT?????? Didn't think you missed a Tiger ballgame.....
[/quote]

I didn't. I broadcast the Silsbee/Yates game last night and on the way home from Huntsville I saw the ball park lights still on in Livingston so I stopped by and as I was walking in the gate I saw the last out of the game. ;) :D
[/quote]

Awesome..........  How did the Silsbee/Yates game turn out?.... Yates is basically a College team...LOL

Nevermind.... I read the outcome.... not that bad though.

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1381987" timestamp="1362269819"]
What's Silsbee's record?
[/quote]not sure, but they are pretty good again this year.  I predict a second place finish in district behind Bridge City.  Those BC boys are pretty mad about the beat down they got in Basketball.

[quote name="DXTR" post="1382011" timestamp="1362272816"]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=109787.msg1381987#msg1381987 date=1362269819]
What's Silsbee's record?
[/quote]not sure, but they are pretty good again this year.  I predict a second place finish in district behind Bridge City.  Those BC boys are pretty mad about the beat down they got in Basketball.
[/quote]

Um Idk about that, I think Silsbee can beat Bridge City, Silsbee has the bats.. just depends on who's pitching for what team. Silsbee or BC could get first in that district.

[quote name="Geaux Tigers" post="1382155" timestamp="1362326086"]
[quote author=DXTR link=topic=109787.msg1382011#msg1382011 date=1362272816]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=109787.msg1381987#msg1381987 date=1362269819]
What's Silsbee's record?
[/quote]

Um Idk about that, I think Silsbee can beat Bridge City, Silsbee has the bats.. just depends on who's pitching for what team. Silsbee or BC could get first in that district.
[/quote]

Didn't BC just beat Silsbee only allowing 3 hits against their #3-4 pitcher?.... 1-2 are gonna be harder to hit IMO.

Correct, but BC only scored once when silsbee pitched their 3rd best pitcher. Silsbee was beating them 3 to 1 going into either the 4th or 5th (not sure) and they took him out because he reached his max limit of pitches and the other pitchers were already either used or being saved for the next day. After that they put a non pitcher in to pitch who hasn't pitched a game this season BECAUSE HE ISN'T A PITCHER .. after all the walks, and hits from BC. of course BC won by ten run rule. But if silsbee had there pitcher rested like they will be in district play. Silsbee can compete for 1st in district

[quote name="Geaux Tigers" post="1382181" timestamp="1362336322"]
Correct, but BC only scored once when silsbee pitched their 3rd best pitcher. Silsbee was beating them 3 to 1 going into either the 4th or 5th (not sure) and they took him out because he reached his max limit of pitches and the other pitchers were already either used or being saved for the next day. After that they put a non pitcher in to pitch who hasn't pitched a game this season BECAUSE HE ISN'T A PITCHER .. after all the walks, and hits from BC. of course BC won by ten run rule. But if silsbee had there pitcher rested like they will be in district play. Silsbee can compete for 1st in district
[/quote]

The pitcher that started that game also closed the game against Lumberton.  Not sure what criteria or information you are using to classify him as third best??  Silsbee has several guys that are really effective and will be able to compete and get wins in district!  You are correct, after the decision was made to pull him due to pitch count they tried to use guys and give them the opportunity to see what if any role they may play on the mound in the future.

Any team can be beaten and that is why we play the game.  One game at a time for Silsbee!

[quote name="Geaux Tigers" post="1382181" timestamp="1362336322"]
Correct, but BC only scored once when silsbee pitched their 3rd best pitcher. Silsbee was beating them 3 to 1 [b]going into either the 4th or 5th (not sure) and they took him out because he reached his max limit of pitches and the other pitchers were already either used or being saved for the next day.[/b] After that they put a non pitcher in to pitch who hasn't pitched a game this season BECAUSE HE ISN'T A PITCHER .. after all the walks, and hits from BC. of course BC won by ten run rule. But if silsbee had there pitcher rested like they will be in district play. Silsbee can compete for 1st in district
[/quote]

Incorrect statement!!
BC's Bryce Sampere hit a 3 run HR off of Silsbee's starter before he was pulled, BC took a 4-3 lead at that point. Silsbee's starter had done a good job keeping BC off balance but once the Cardinals saw him for the 2nd time that's when the game turned. It did get out of hand once Silsbee ran out of pitching. One thing to remember also is that BC threw a complete game with the #4 pitcher and he did a number on the Silsbee bats after giving up 3 early. Biggest difference right now is pitching depth, Silsbee is trying to get over some injuries and BC is really deep on the hill. These 2 teams will certainly play some exciting baseball against one another this year, especially if both teams are at full strength.

Rake1

[quote name="Rake1" post="1382185" timestamp="1362337699"]
[quote author=Geaux Tigers link=topic=109787.msg1382181#msg1382181 date=1362336322]
Correct, but BC only scored once when silsbee pitched their 3rd best pitcher. Silsbee was beating them 3 to 1 [b]going into either the 4th or 5th (not sure) and they took him out because he reached his max limit of pitches and the other pitchers were already either used or being saved for the next day.[/b] After that they put a non pitcher in to pitch who hasn't pitched a game this season BECAUSE HE ISN'T A PITCHER .. after all the walks, and hits from BC. of course BC won by ten run rule. But if silsbee had there pitcher rested like they will be in district play. Silsbee can compete for 1st in district
[/quote]

Incorrect statement!!
BC's Bryce Sampere hit a 3 run HR off of Silsbee's starter before he was pulled, BC took a 4-3 lead at that point. Silsbee's starter had done a good job keeping BC off balance but once the Cardinals saw him for the 2nd time that's when the game turned. It did get out of hand once Silsbee ran out of pitching. One thing to remember also is that BC threw a complete game with the #4 pitcher and he did a number on the Silsbee bats after giving up 3 early. Biggest difference right now is pitching depth, Silsbee is trying to get over some injuries and BC is really deep on the hill. These 2 teams will certainly play some exciting baseball against one another this year, especially if both teams are at full strength.

Rake1
[/quote]

Your are right Rake1.... The main reason I posted a response about Silsbee beating BC is because someone said they have the bats... Just posting that It doesn't matter who Silsbee pitched, their pitcher didn't hurt their bats. And their bats couldn't get it going against BC's #4.... I am sure Silsbee will get a dose of Guidry come district time.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder