*Beaumont Central vs. Georgetown Updates/GTown wins 41-37

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1378989" timestamp="1361733907"]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=109680.msg1378975#msg1378975 date=1361732600]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=109680.msg1378968#msg1378968 date=1361731685]
Abe, can I ask you a serious question? What do you think that Brian English would have done with THAT bunch at Central?
[/quote]That's a hard question. That's a lot of talent to coach! ;D Don't know if Coach E would implement his style of play/coaching or play a more up tempo style. His record shows that he can do more with less, and suggests that Central would still be playing if he were their coach. I didn't see the game (obviously), so it's hard to say what would have happened in THAT game.
He may have done a better job at adjusting (during the game) to the matchup against a team like Georgetown. Sometimes though, the coach can put his players in the right position, but kids gotta execute that plan.

What do you think?
[/quote]
I think you hit the nail on the head! In the playoffs its ALL about coaching adjustments and match ups...I know what Coach E can do adjustment wise, and I also know what the Central coach lacks in that area...NOT that Coach Lee is just that terrible, but Coach English is just that much better.  I do understand that this Central team is a very young group, but with that you also must implement another coaching dynamic, and thats taking advantage of the "too young to know any better" factor, and allow them to play loose as well... English HAS done more with less, and I feel that with more he would DO more!  ;)
[/quote]DV this is an interesting comment. Did you know your dad started 4-5 freshmen on varsity during one of his coaching gigs?  He allowed those freshmen the latitude to screw up but learn from their mistakes, and probably the best contribution he made was to allow those freshmen to play to[color=red] their strengths[/color]. His system matched the players he had, not the system trying to mold the players.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1379005" timestamp="1361735423"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=109680.msg1378989#msg1378989 date=1361733907]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=109680.msg1378975#msg1378975 date=1361732600]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=109680.msg1378968#msg1378968 date=1361731685]
Abe, can I ask you a serious question? What do you think that Brian English would have done with THAT bunch at Central?
[/quote]That's a hard question. That's a lot of talent to coach! ;D Don't know if Coach E would implement his style of play/coaching or play a more up tempo style. His record shows that he can do more with less, and suggests that Central would still be playing if he were their coach. I didn't see the game (obviously), so it's hard to say what would have happened in THAT game.
He may have done a better job at adjusting (during the game) to the matchup against a team like Georgetown. Sometimes though, the coach can put his players in the right position, but kids gotta execute that plan.

What do you think?
[/quote]
I think you hit the nail on the head! In the playoffs its ALL about coaching adjustments and match ups...I know what Coach E can do adjustment wise, and I also know what the Central coach lacks in that area...NOT that Coach Lee is just that terrible, but Coach English is just that much better.  I do understand that this Central team is a very young group, but with that you also must implement another coaching dynamic, and thats taking advantage of the "too young to know any better" factor, and allow them to play loose as well... English HAS done more with less, and I feel that with more he would DO more!  ;)
[/quote]DV this is an interesting comment. Did you know your dad started 4-5 freshmen on varsity during one of his coaching gigs?  He allowed those freshmen the latitude to screw up but learn from their mistakes, and probably the best contribution he made was to allow those freshmen to play to[color=red] their strengths[/color]. His system matched the players he had, not the system trying to mold the players.
[/quote]
I actually learned that from HIM! He always said that he would always custom build the system to fit the kids and not the other way around..You HAVE to let young teams find their way..I think Central will be very good in due time...They may have been one of the most talented teams in the region this year, but lost early. However wih the right guy at the helm (not that Lee was the "wrong" guy) this team could have done a bit more...I happen to know a coach that took a team that started 3 sophs, and played 6 other sophs, to the state championship game... ::) ::)...Remember that, Dove? ;)

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1379008" timestamp="1361735826"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=109680.msg1379005#msg1379005 date=1361735423]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=109680.msg1378989#msg1378989 date=1361733907]

What do you think?
[/quote]
[/quote]
I actually learned that from HIM! He always said that he would always custom build the system to fit the kids and not the other way around..You HAVE to let young teams find their way..I think Central will be very good in due time...They may have been one of the most talented teams in the region this year, but lost early. However wih the right guy at the helm (not that Lee was the "wrong" guy) this team could have done a bit more...I happen to know a coach that took a team that started 3 sophs, and played 6 other sophs, to the state championship game... ::) ::)...Remember that, Dove? ;)
[/quote] ;)

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1379008" timestamp="1361735826"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=109680.msg1379005#msg1379005 date=1361735423]

What do you think?
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Who is your Dad DV?  I am curious now.  You can PM  me his name if you don't want to put it on the board.

[quote name="BIG SHOW" post="1379318" timestamp="1361825712"]
It's funny to read some of the comments on here about Centrals head coach!  I can remember very clearly at the Nederland Vs Central game the announcer introducing coach Lee as the Legend!  Now they want to fire him?  LMAO
[/quote]
I forgot about that!  ;D ;D :o

It's funny to read some of the comments on here about Centrals head coach!  I can remember very clearly at the Nederland Vs Central game the announcer introducing coach Lee as the Legend!  Now they want to fire him?  LMAO
[/quote]legend? lol

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1379005" timestamp="1361735423"]

What do you think?
[/quote]
[/quote]

You just can't let anything alone, can you DV?  I wonder what you had to say about Central when your "brother" was coaching and they never went more than one round in the playoffs?  Did you run him down?  And by the way, why did you leave BISD, and not take Boutte's team?

[quote name="OvieDotson" post="1379434" timestamp="1361845404"]

What do you think?
[/quote]
[/quote]

You just can't let anything alone, can you DV?  I wonder what you had to say about Central when your "brother" was coaching and they never went more than one round in the playoffs?  Did you run him down?  And by the way, why did you leave BISD, and not take Boutte's team?

[/quote]
OK one question at a time, please!! 8)...When my brother was coaching at Central, it was hard for him to compete against Ozen while Boutte was at the helm, always finishing in that runner up spot in district. He had good teams, but he NEVER got the talent that is at Central now...NOT EVER..And as a matter of fact I DID give him fits about not beating Ozen, but he did a good job with what he had to work with, while being constantly stabbed in the back by his loyal assistant, Coach Lee...(Yes I said it)..I left BISD to become a head coach in Houston. I WOULD have taken over at Ozen had I not been in MID SEASON when Boutte left! 8)...any more questions? ::)

[/quote] No Central fan pays attention  to that announcer.  He's clown and he's wrong for that.  Lol

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1379516" timestamp="1361884493"]
[quote author=BIG SHOW link=topic=109680.msg1379318#msg1379318 date=1361825712]
[/quote] No Central fan pays attention  to that announcer.  He's clown and he's wrong for that.  Lol
[/quote]I thought he was rather entertaining. Very energetic and passionate. However, I can see how it would be annoying after a while. I noticed many Central people NOT participating along with him. 8)

This loss only proves what I've been saying about 20-4A district all year its WEAK and the only reason Ned and Ozen(even though I'm an alumni I'm also realistic) are still in the playoffs are because they haven't played any top notch opponents and when that happens they'll lose. Mind you I predicted that no 20-4A team would make it to regionals this year although Ozen might make it because they should beat Crosby...and also predicted that central would lose due to the the fact that they'd get out coached.

[quote name="ozensfinest" post="1379696" timestamp="1361904374"]
This loss only proves what I've been saying about 20-4A district all year its WEAK and the only reason Ned and Ozen(even though I'm an alumni I'm also realistic) are still in the playoffs are because they haven't played any top notch opponents and when that happens they'll lose. Mind you I predicted that no 20-4A team would make it to regionals this year although Ozen might make it because they should beat Crosby...and also predicted that central would lose due to the the fact that they'd get out coached.
[/quote]
Ozensfinest, I have agreed with some things and I've disagreed with some things. There's not too many in this forum that could have had as many negative thoughts about Ozen than me, I guess I just never really voiced them. True Central didn't have the season alot of people wanted or envisioned and I for one was ready for basketball to be over for my Panthers but all in all the Jaguars had a phenominal season and I look for them to come back even stronger next year.

[quote name="ozensfinest" post="1379696" timestamp="1361904374"]
[/quote] What would Ozen and 20-4a have to do to prove to you that they are NOT weak in your eyes?  Think carefully, because you already have  NO credibility on the football forums...

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1379804" timestamp="1361913861"]
[quote author=ozensfinest link=topic=109680.msg1379696#msg1379696 date=1361904374]
[/quote] What would Ozen and 20-4a have to do to prove to you that they are NOT weak in your eyes?  Think carefully, because you already have  NO credibility on the football forums...
[/quote]If they win a game in regionals I'd be impressed for this team...you have to be real soulja Ozen hasnt played a good opponent yet in the playoffs be real Elgin, Crosby? Be serious those teams are average at best

[quote name="ozensfinest" post="1379961" timestamp="1361926053"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=109680.msg1379804#msg1379804 date=1361913861]
[quote author=ozensfinest link=topic=109680.msg1379696#msg1379696 date=1361904374]
[/quote]If they win a game in regionals I'd be impressed for this team...you have to be real soulja Ozen hasnt played a good opponent yet in the playoffs be real Elgin, Crosby? Be serious those teams are average at best
[/quote]
Didn't both of those teams win their districts?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    tarige
    Newest Member
    tarige