Serious Question

jkbtjc53

What D2 schools has LU lost to? I would like to see some of these guys get a shot, but is recruiting local guys that nobody else is recruiting the answer? The guys you mentioned were great HS players and I'd love to see them get a fair shot. But, LU is not the only team to show little interest.

[quote name="jake94" post="1377020" timestamp="1361418122"]
What D2 schools has LU lost to? I would like to see some of these guys get a shot, but is recruiting local guys that nobody else is recruiting the answer? The guys you mentioned were great HS players and I'd love to see them get a fair shot. But, LU is not the only team to show little interest.
[/quote]

The two WOS linebackers just signes to a top 10 junior college. And Montana just won the Willie Ray Smith Award on both sides of the ball.

And also if you look at Lamar's recruiting class none of their recruits had many offers I think one kid had four and that was the most out of all recruits.  There is no reason Lamar shouldnot be living at WOS and PAM. And cherry picking all the top kids from the 409 that dont go big school.

Guest EagleFan01
The kids from WOS were probably non qualifiers thats why they went junior college route. Montana to me was a ok high school player but that doesn't mean lamar should offer. Prolly got someone better than a small vidor LB

[quote name="EagleFan01" post="1377035" timestamp="1361420928"]
The kids from WOS were probably non qualifiers thats why they went junior college route. Montana to me was a ok high school player but that doesn't mean lamar should offer. Prolly got someone better than a small vidor LB
[/quote]

Both the WOS linebackers have good grades. WOS has that rep for kids having bad grades but every year all our kids who sign D-1 qualify people are so silly. And PS Montana would have killed Newton.

Lamar signed several local kids and offered several others that chose to go elsewhere. Just because they didn't offer the Vidor guy, doesn't mean they aren't giving local kids a shot. Take a look at the roster. It's peppered with local kids and the team can't compete in the SLC!

Lamar offered all the kids that had D-1 offers of course they're not going to go to Lamar. And please point out what kid he offered from this area that had other southland or juco offers besides Robert Mitchell (only other offer was Kilgore JC). The fact is Ray Woodard has ignored PAM and WOS for the most part along with the rest of the Triangle. But he can go sign kids from other area's of the state and as far as New York.

If the guy had a brain he'd be milking PAM Mcneese and WOS. Just like Mcneese does

[quote name="jkbtjc53" post="1377108" timestamp="1361450961"]
Lamar offered all the kids that had D-1 offers of course they're not going to go to Lamar. And please point out what kid he offered from this area that had other southland or juco offers besides Robert Mitchell (only other offer was Kilgore JC). The fact is Ray Woodard has ignored PAM and WOS for the most part along with the rest of the Triangle. But he can go sign kids from other area's of the state and as far as New York.

If the guy had a brain he'd be milking PAM Mcneese and WOS. Just like Mcneese does
[/quote]

He reached to a good number of Ned defenders. I'm not sure about all the offers he gave to them and such but he did pick up Couron.

[quote name="jkbtjc53" post="1377108" timestamp="1361450961"]

[/quote]
He offered and got a verbal from Fisk at PAM and he chose Morgan State on signing day and offered OT Justin Reasons from PNG and he chose SFA. Theres two this year! Hate to burst your bubble with FACTS.

Most of the PAM kids are choosing FBS schools over LU because they are FBS talent. PAM players the past few years have gone to Arkansas, Baylor, UofH amongst others. LU will be hard pressed to beat them out.

I'm in no way defending Lamar because I would much rather my son go to a juco than to Lamar and that's my own personal feelings so no need for the Lamar supporters to get all uptight. When I spoke to one of Lamar's coaches, it seemed to me that they didn't have many scholarships to offer. Can't quote him word for word but they only had 7 football players graduating. I don't know too many kids or parents that would agree to "finding" a way to make it work the 1st year with the possibility of getting a scholarship the next year when they have 30+ graduating. 

[quote name="uandme08" post="1377124" timestamp="1361454739"]
I'm in no way defending Lamar because I would much rather my son go to a juco than to Lamar and that's my own personal feelings so no need for the Lamar supporters to get all uptight. When I spoke to one of Lamar's coaches, it seemed to me that they didn't have many scholarships to offer. Can't quote him word for word but they only had 7 football players graduating. I don't know too many kids or parents that would agree to "finding" a way to make it work the 1st year with the possibility of getting a scholarship the next year when they have 30+ graduating.
[/quote]
Good point, but in Montana's case if he is going on a 2 year mission trip, wouldnt the scholarship not count until 2015? Of course they may also take the stance that they can offer in 2015 when he returns.

[quote name="badndn" post="1377127" timestamp="1361454936"]
[quote author=uandme08 link=topic=109618.msg1377124#msg1377124 date=1361454739]
[/quote]
Good point, but in Montana's case if he is going on a 2 year mission trip, wouldnt the scholarship not count until 2015? Of course they may also take the stance that they can offer in 2015 when he returns.
[/quote]
Heck if I know anything about Lamar other than the brief encounters I've had with them during this process. But I guess you're right, IF they were going to offer him then why not?

[quote name="badndn" post="1377118" timestamp="1361453958"]
[quote author=jkbtjc53 link=topic=109618.msg1377108#msg1377108 date=1361450961]

[/quote]
He offered and got a verbal from Fisk at PAM and he chose Morgan State on signing day and offered OT Justin Reasons from PNG and he chose SFA. Theres two this year! Hate to burst your bubble with FACTS.

Most of the PAM kids are choosing FBS schools over LU because they are FBS talent. PAM players the past few years have gone to Arkansas, Baylor, UofH amongst others. LU will be hard pressed to beat them out.
[/quote]

Let me bust your bubble.  You just proved my point idiot!! Ricky Fisk choose Morgan State because they recruit the Golden Triangle hard he will go up there and see familiar faces if Lamar did the same he would have gotten Ricky. And the PNG kid choosing SFA over Lamar is a no brainer why go to Lamar where a guy CANT recruit when you can go to SFA and play for conference titles? The D-End from nederland only had and offer from Lamar so thats why he choose Lamar. And just because they talk to kids doesn't mean he's offered them. The Stampley kid from Nederland and The Shaw kid could have helped Lamar out but he doesn't want 409 kids that dont have better offers then Lamar.

And of course PAM kids are going to go FBS if they have those offers my point is that Woodard only offers the kids with better offers then Lamar so he can say he's trying to recruit the Triangle. But he can offer a kid from Longview that doesn't have a offer from anywhere. And before you guys say anything about grade risk being a reason he doesn't offer PAM kids and WOS kids he offered and sign a running back from Corsicana last year that was a grade risk.

Ps soryy for calling you and idiot.

This is actually the 2012 Lamar roster.  (I took the seniors off the list, since they will not be playing in 2013, so you will not see them.)  Also each player's classification will be higher for the 2013 season.  In other words if this list says they are a freshman, they will be a sophomore for the 2013 season.  Also, I do not have the new group of players on this list.  However, according to the Lamar football website, there are 20 new players coming in and 3 have SETX ties. 

Lamar Cardinals
NO  NAME  POS  HT  WT  CLASS  HOMETOWN
0  Jacory Augustine  DB  6-3  190  FR  LAKE CHARLES, LA
[b]0  Colby Carpenter  DB  6-0  180  SO  BRIDGE CITY, TX[/b]
0  David Dunkin  QB  5-11  190  FR  AUSTIN, TX
1  Nashon Davis  DB  6-3  205  JR  KATY, TX
3  Barry Ford  WR  6-1  175  JR  HOUSTON, TX
4  Tyrus McGlothen  DB  5-8  175  JR  GRAND PRAIRIE, TX
5  Ryan Mossakowski  QB  6-4  215  JR  FRISCO, TX
8  Mike Venson  RB  5-9  160  JR  KATY, TX
9  Mike Hargis  LB  6-3  225  FR  AUSTIN, TX
10  Jermaine Longino  LB  5-10  220  JR  HOUSTON, TX
11  Kevin Johnson  WR  6-0  210  SO  HOUSTON, TX
12  Caleb Berry  QB  6-2  195  SO  NEEDVILLE, TX
13  Kye Hildreth  WR  6-1  175  JR  NAVASOTA, TX
[b]14  DePauldrick Garrett  RB  5-8  190  JR  ORANGE, TX[/b]
15  Oluwajimi Oyefeso  WR  6-3  215  JR  PASADENA, TX
17  Dillon Barrett  QB  6-3  220  FR  DRY PRONG, LA
18  Davion Wolford  WR  5-11  170  SO  STAFFORD, TX
19  Matt Bergeron  QB  5-11  180  FR  MANDEVILLE, LA
19  Keinon Peterson  DB  5-8  190  JR  DICKINSON, TX
20  Michael Handy  WR  5-11  185  FR  CONROE, TX
[b]21  Branden Thomas  DB  5-9  170  JR  BEAUMONT, TX[/b]
[b]23  Payton Ploch  WR  6-2  215  JR  DAYTON, TX[/b]
[b]24  Jacob Hanna  TE  6-0  220  JR  LUMBERTON, TX[/b]
25  Gratian Gladney  WR  5-9  165  FR  HOUSTON, TX
25  Kollin Kahler  P  6-2  200  JR  WACO, TX
[b]26  Chad Allen  DB  5-11  190  JR  COLDSPRING, TX[/b]
[b]27  Caleb Harmon  RB  5-9  200  JR  PORT NECHES, TX[/b]
28  Herschel Sims  RB  5-8  215  SO  ABILENE, TX
30  Darrell Harris  RB  5-11  185  FR  WACO, TX
30  George Orebe  DB  5-9  165  SO  HOUSTON, TX
[b]32  Anthony Beard  LB  6-1  235  SO  LUMBERTON, TX[/b]
33  Desmond Richards  RB  5-9  170  FR  MONTGOMERY, TX
[b]34  Josh Wilson  DB  5-7  185  SO  BEAUMONT, TX[/b]
35  Joe Okafor  DL  6-6  295  SO  BELLAIRE, TX
37  Courtlin Thompson  DB  6-1  210  JR  LANCASTER, CA
[b]38  Garrett Drake  WR  6-2  185  FR  SILSBEE, TX[/b]
39  Justin Stout  K  6-1  170  JR  MESQUITE, TX
40  Xavier Bethany  DB  6-1  180  FR  BURTON, TX
41  Jestin White  LB  6-4  190  SO  HOUSTON, TX
43  Chris Maikranz  LS  6-6  255  JR  SUGAR LAND, TX
44  Ronnie Jones Jr.  LB  5-10  240  FR  HEMPSTEAD, TX
[b]45  Joshua James  LB  5-10  190  SO  SILSBEE, TX[/b]
46  Alex Ball  K  6-3  240  FR  WESTLAKE VILLAGE, CA
47  P.J. Henderson  TE  6-3  220  JR  AUSTIN, TX
48  Lawson Hartwick  LS  5-11  255  SO  FORNEY, TX
[b]49  William Jones  LB  5-10  225  JR  BEAUMONT, TX[/b]
[b]52  Joe Persohn  OL  6-4  225  FR  SOUR LAKE, TX[/b]
[b]53  David Hollyfield  DL  6-3  225  FR  SILSBEE, TX[/b]
54  James Washington  LB  5-11  225  JR  HOUSTON, TX
55  Luke Campbell  OL  6-4  270  FR  RUSK, TX
57  Jeremy Kirt  DL  6-1  265  JR  HOUSTON, TX
[b]58  Bret Treadway  OL  6-3  250  FR  SILSBEE, TX[/b]
62  Garrett Baxley  OL  6-6  235  FR  KINGWOOD, TX
[b]64  Kyle Gillam  OL  6-1  270  JR  LUMBERTON, TX[/b]
66  Marshall Fairchild  OL  6-4  290  JR  GONZALES, TX
67  Ian Kelso  OL  6-0  280  JR  AUSTIN, TX
70  Stephen Babin  OL  6-4  315  JR  BELLVILLE, TX
72  Brock Wempa  OL  6-2  345  JR  ROYSE CITY, TX
[b]73  Scott Utterback  OL  6-1  290  SO  VIDOR, TX[/b]
75  Taylor Davis  OL  6-3  290  JR  PLANO, TX
[b]76  Justin Brock  OL  6-5  280  FR  BEAUMONT, TX[/b]
80  Cory Soto  TE  6-8  255  JR  CARDIFF BY THE SEA, CA
[b]81  Jesse Sparks  WR  5-10  170  SO  LUMBERTON, TX[/b]
[b]82  Reggie Begelton  WR  6-0  190  FR  BEAUMONT, TX[/b]
[b]84  Jayce Nelson  WR  6-2  170  FR  PORT NECHES, TX[/b]
86  Jordan Edwards  WR  5-11  180  JR  HOUSTON, TX
[b]87  Zach Sonnier  WR  6-1  185  FR  ORANGE, TX[/b]
88  Payden McVey  TE  6-1  225  SO  DEER PARK, TX
89  Kelechi Ejekam  WR  6-3  190  FR  HOUSTON, TX
[b]90  Mark Murrill  DL  6-2  255  JR  LUMBERTON, TX[/b]
[b]91  Logan Moss  DL  6-4  210  FR  ORANGEFIELD, TX[/b]
[b]92  Eric Arnold  DL  5-11  250  SO  ORANGE, TX[/b]
93  Jesse Dickson  DE  6-3  265  JR  HOUSTON, TX
98  Marcus Washington  DL  6-3  295  SO  HOUSTON, TX
[b]99  Corbin Carr  DL  6-3  245  FR  NEDERLAND, TX[/b]

That's 75 players on this list.  Add the 20 new players for the upcoming 2013 season and that makes a total of 95 palyers.

There are 25 players on this list from SETX.  Add the 3 players that are going to be on the team for 2013.  That makes 28 players on the 2013 roster from SETX.

Total players: 95
Players from SETX: 28
[b]29% of the 2013 Lamar roster played high school football in SETX.[/b]  That's a little less than 1/3 of the entire roster.

Lamar is recruiting and signing players from SETX.  Some are even walking on and making the team. 

So, jkbtjc53, what is your real problem with Lamar, Coach Woodard and the rest of his staff? 

Only 9 of the guys on that list that you highlighted arr on scholarship. You guys keep proving my point. The rest walked on because they were attending Lamar as a regular student. Go back and check Lamar's signing classes.

Its a reason all the talentes kids are leaving the program. Is it the kids?? I dont think so. Is it the coaches? I think so because there system sure hasnt produce wins on the field.

Someone mentioned theyd love to see the WOS head coach or the PAM head coach apply fot the job after Woodard is let go and i agree im sure those two would run laps around Woodard when it comes to coaching

Guest EagleFan01
[quote name="jkbtjc53" post="1377170" timestamp="1361459559"]
Only 9 of the guys on that list that you highlighted arr on scholarship. You guys keep proving my point. The rest walked on because they were attending Lamar as a regular student. Go back and check Lamar's signing classes.

Its a reason all the talentes kids are leaving the program. Is it the kids?? I dont think so. Is it the coaches? I think so because there system sure hasnt produce wins on the field.

Someone mentioned theyd love to see the WOS head coach or the PAM head coach apply fot the job after Woodard is let go and i agree im sure those two would run laps around Woodard when it comes to coaching
[/quote]

WRONG 17 of those highlighted are on some kind of football scholarship. Not to mention the kids they just signed in Feb who are from the area so that will be well over 25 on scholarship next fall. So learn something before you talk  about the coachs at Lamar. You must be someone who Lamar didn't offer and you are sour about it. Montana is not offerable thats it hands down every team in the country said it thats why he has no scholarship offers to any team in the country from JUCO, NAIA, DIII<DII FCS,and FBS.

*Mod Edit - Do not use profanity on this board!! *

Guest EagleFan01
[quote name="jkbtjc53" post="1377045" timestamp="1361422492"]
[quote author=EagleFan01 link=topic=109618.msg1377035#msg1377035 date=1361420928]
[/quote]

Both the WOS linebackers have good grades. WOS has that rep for kids having bad grades but every year all our kids who sign D-1 qualify people are so silly. [b]And PS Montana would have killed Newton.[/b]
[/quote]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA OK whatever you say buddy. So if the two linebackers didn't have grade issues why didn't Lynch stay with McNeese?

Sorry jkbtc53 The DE from Ned had multiple offers that amounted to over $500k and did include 4 D1aa's. He actually chose LU because of the engineering dept over the others. Also, I believe if you look at LU's LB recruit's for 2013 they are all very talented and their ceilings are much higher than those you are arguing for.

[quote name="EagleFan01" post="1377173" timestamp="1361459815"]
[quote author=jkbtjc53 link=topic=109618.msg1377170#msg1377170 date=1361459559]

[/quote]

WRONG 17 of those highlighted are on some kind of football scholarship. Not to mention the kids they just signed in Feb who are from the area so that will be well over 25 on scholarship next fall. So learn something before you talk  about the coachs at Lamar. You must be someone who Lamar didn't offer and you are sour about it. Montana is not offerable thats it hands down every team in the country said it thats why he has no scholarship offers to any team in the country from JUCO, NAIA, DIII<DII FCS,and FBS.
[/quote]
Might wanna watch the language there buddy. And you need to get your facts straight before you talk about someone and offers. Montana does have offers. Four of em if I'm not mistaken but he decided to go another route.

[quote name="jkbtjc53" post="1377170" timestamp="1361459559"]

[b]Its a reason all the talentes kids are leaving the program.[/b] Is it the kids?? I dont think so. Is it the coaches? I think so because there system sure hasnt produce wins on the field.

[/quote]

Can you give me a couple examples of, "all the talented kids leaving the program"?  I'm not aware of any talent leaving the program, except for graduating seniors.  And, where is all of this talent going?

[quote name="EagleFan01" post="1377175" timestamp="1361460162"]
[quote author=jkbtjc53 link=topic=109618.msg1377045#msg1377045 date=1361422492]
[quote author=EagleFan01 link=topic=109618.msg1377035#msg1377035 date=1361420928]
[/quote]

Both the WOS linebackers have good grades. WOS has that rep for kids having bad grades but every year all our kids who sign D-1 qualify people are so silly. [b]And PS Montana would have killed Newton.[/b]
[/quote]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA OK whatever you say buddy. So if the two linebackers didn't have grade issues why didn't Lynch stay with McNeese?
[/quote]

Lynch never had a scholarship from Mcneese that was Colin Janice and he switched to Arkansas State genius.  And Daniel Woodson is and all A&B student.

Also only 8 of those players highlighted on that list FULL scholarships paying for a kids books is not a scholarship even though for braggimg rights player parents and player themselves will say it is.

In my opinion Lamar is stupid for not getting Montana. Every time Vidor has played in that stadium the Vidor fans have packed half the stands. So you would instantly have a huge following of paying customers to watch every one of Montana's home games. Not to mention what he can do for you on the field for four years. Big mistake, get the local star Lamar, if you get him they will come. I know I for one don't attend Lamar games, could care less, but with this kid yea me and my family would be season ticket holders and I know there are plenty more like me.

[quote name="Ty Cobb" post="1377194" timestamp="1361461701"]
[quote author=jkbtjc53 link=topic=109618.msg1377170#msg1377170 date=1361459559]

[b]Its a reason all the talentes kids are leaving the program.[/b] Is it the kids?? I dont think so. Is it the coaches? I think so because there system sure hasnt produce wins on the field.

[/quote]

Can you give me a couple examples of, "all the talented kids leaving the program"?  I'm not aware of any talent leaving the program, except for graduating seniors.  And, where is all of this talent going?
[/quote]

Blake Chavis (A&M signee out of highschool) Greg Odens younger brother I cant think of his name right now, Jeremy Johnson (WVU out of highschool) Depauldrick Garrett left the program because Woodard wouldn't give him a full scholarship, Lamar signed a kid out of juco that had a USC off out of highschool he left the program.  And there are more I could go on and on.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder