**#10 WEST ORANGE-STARK at #2 SILSBEE Broadcast**/WO-S wins 72-69

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="CATMAN" post="1373433" timestamp="1360731351"]
[quote author=Silsbeealum14 link=topic=109246.msg1373419#msg1373419 date=1360729683]
[quote author=Tiger94 link=topic=109246.msg1373413#msg1373413 date=1360729240]
Congrats Stangs. Took what you wanted. Tigers may have needed this.
[/quote]
U right about that !!! I think they where a little to cocky....,
[/quote]  The best don't always win.Next week if u have a bad game u are done
[/quote]i agree 112%. Let's Go STANGS. Have good practices and leave it all on the court!!!!!

[quote name="Silsbeealum14" post="1373450" timestamp="1360734111"]
[quote author=Skip Bayless link=topic=109246.msg1373445#msg1373445 date=1360733495]
And this is the team that's supposed to beat Yates?!! That's blasphemy!
[/quote]
Yep, Yates can get beat on any given nite !!! Yates ain't nothing but a name, I could see if there where 32-0, they lost 5 games already ....
[/quote]
Compare schedules, compare strength of schedules, compare the teams that each team lost to.... Now shut up.

Score by quarters

1            2              3            4            tot

WO-S                  12          22            20          18          72
Silsbee                  11          23            18          17          69

Team stats

FT %

WO-S            17/25      68%
Silsbee          15/27      56%

3 point %

WO-S          3/19        16%
Silsbee        6/20        30%

Rebounds

WO-S            40
Silsbee            38

Turnovers

WO-S            19
Silsbee          21

Fouls

WO-S            21
Silsbee          22

Individual scoring

WO-S

Brandon Joubert                18 (8/10 FT)
Chase Rutledge                  12
Tre Spences                        9
Tyrant Thompson                9
Dionte Thompson                8
Laquarious Page                  6
Tevin Terrell                          6
Travon Blanchard                  2
Corey Carcisse                      2

Silsbee

Chris Elam                          20
Jordan Holmes                  18 (3/7 three's)
Patrick Reed                      12 (14 rebounds)
Danti Wilson                        6
Davaughn Thomas                6
Jake Dobbins                        6
Zayon Jackson                    1

Did someone just say WOS is better than Silsbee? Silsbee played hard but WOS had more too lose. Im willing to say that Silsbee didnt play their best ball because they already had district wrapped up. Nothing to play for honestly. Great win by WOS but this is the 1st time you have beatin Silsbee in 7 years. WOS has a team good enough to get to Austin but thats about it. Silsbee MUST stop all the BS plays missing dunks. If yout not 6'5 or taller, lay  ball in for the easy 2. Silsbee has made a large share of dunks but if you know this isnt a sure thing, lay it up! Cost you the game tonight. Now is win or go home!

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1373485" timestamp="1360759189"]
Did someone just say WOS is better than Silsbee? Silsbee played hard but WOS had more too lose. Im willing to say that Silsbee didnt play their best ball because they already had district wrapped up. Nothing to play for honestly. Great win by WOS but this is the 1st time you have beatin Silsbee in 7 years. WOS has a team good enough to get to Austin but thats about it. Silsbee MUST stop all the BS plays missing dunks. If yout not 6'5 or taller, lay  ball in for the easy 2. Silsbee has made a large share of dunks but if you know this isnt a sure thing, lay it up! Cost you the game tonight. Now is win or go home!
[/quote]Hmmm. Did not know that there was a height requirement for dunking.

[quote name="LOKI" post="1373491" timestamp="1360760230"]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=109246.msg1373485#msg1373485 date=1360759189]
[/quote]Hmmm. Did not know that there was a height requirement for dunking.
[/quote]There isn't. But if you are only successful on 20-30% of your dunk attempts , just lay the ball up and take the points.

I would l9ike to say, the missed dunk did not cause us to loose the game!!! I agree,is there a height requirement to dunk. You also have to remember it was the seniors last game to play in there gym.WE are still #1 in district,and we WILL go deep in the play-offs. Soo,with that being said,lay off!! WOS got the win,but there is no need to bash our boys!!If the dunks had been made,then what? Tigers played a good game,and they had fun!!! And yes we are the team that was said to beat Yates!!!TIGER NATION!!! LET'S EAT!!!! STATE BOUND!!!

[quote name="proudmom#32" post="1373496" timestamp="1360760691"]
I would l9ike to say, the missed dunk did not cause us to loose the game!!! I agree,is there a height requirement to dunk. You also have to remember it was the seniors last game to play in there gym.WE are still #1 in district,and we WILL go deep in the play-offs. Soo,with that being said,lay off!! WOS got the win,but there is no need to bash our boys!!If the dunks had been made,then what? Tigers played a good game,and they had fun!!! And yes we are the team that was said to beat Yates!!!TIGER NATION!!! LET'S EAT!!!! STATE BOUND!!!
[/quote] Very good post.  I was just about to say that....  'did missed dunks cause you to loose the game'.  Anyway, good luck to both teams.  I hope they have their rematch in a few weeks!

[quote name="Skip Bayless" post="1373458" timestamp="1360734689"]
[quote author=Silsbeealum14 link=topic=109246.msg1373450#msg1373450 date=1360734111]
[quote author=Skip Bayless link=topic=109246.msg1373445#msg1373445 date=1360733495]
And this is the team that's supposed to beat Yates?!! That's blasphemy!
[/quote]
Yep, Yates can get beat on any given nite !!! Yates ain't nothing but a name, I could see if there where 32-0, they lost 5 games already ....
[/quote]
Compare schedules, compare strength of schedules, compare the teams that each team lost to.... Now shut up.
[/quote]
Doesn't matter "IDIOT" !!! A lost is a Lost, quit chewing on Yates basketballs and face reality, any team can get beat on any given night. Who cares about the strength of a schedule, they took a "L"... Now shut up

Look guys it took everything wo-s had to beat silsbee I mean I would play hard to stay out of that 3rd spot if you play silsbee as many times as hj and wo-s have over the years then you should be able to beat them at least once ,but that game really meant nothing to silsbee and everything to wo-s  it was a good road win for the mustangs but silsbee will turn it up a notch during the playoffs ,plus a good loss will help silsbee realize that they need to focus on every game and play like they know how and stop the show boating if the coaches don't stop the kids from that it will cost us big time. Good luck to all our district teams.

[quote name="MBaller#1" post="1373542" timestamp="1360766920"]
Look guys it took everything wo-s had to beat silsbee I mean I would play hard to stay out of that 3rd spot if you play silsbee as many times as hj and wo-s have over the years then you should be able to beat them at least once ,but that game really meant nothing to silsbee and everything to wo-s  it was a good road win for the mustangs but silsbee will turn it up a notch during the playoffs ,plus a good loss will help silsbee realize that they need to focus on every game and play like they know how and stop the show boating if the coaches don't stop the kids from that it will cost us big time. Good luck to all our district teams.
[/quote]
Well said !!!

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1373568" timestamp="1360769109"]
Wos had more to play for and silsbee had less to play for. Excuses excuses. Silsbee lost. Not because they didnt have anything to play for, not because wos had more to play for, because wos was the better team last night. Plain and simple.
[/quote] Woooot, there it is!

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="mytwocents" post="1373568" timestamp="1360769109"]
Wos had more to play for and silsbee had less to play for. Excuses excuses. Silsbee lost. Not because they didnt have anything to play for, not because wos had more to play for, because wos was the better team last night. Plain and simple.
[/quote]

I agree

They got lucky if they played again today Silsbee would win..Silsbee is away better team W.O.S. they will never make it to play Silsbee again .. Silsbee are the District Champs 2013 and will go on deep in to the play offs hopefully to the state tournament.. And W.O.S. came to play last night..Butt the play offs are a hole different ball game when you get down to the top 15 teams in the state any one can beat any one there all good are they would not be there..  ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin