3A DII Champ. Game-Navasota vs. Gilmer!

Rattler93

This will be a great game. Game of the day!!! I expect Navasota to pull this one out for their first state football title. Navasota's offense will be to much for Gilmes defense. Thay will strike from every angle. And our defense will rise to the occasion and be a dominating factor in this game. GO Rattlers!!! 

I am originally from Dayton but have been living the Navasota area for the last 7 years.  I think it is great what this football team has done for the community.  It is awesome going to the games and having standing room only no matter what stadium we play it.  I don't think we will have that issue this week.  But then again all of Dallas might show up, could be the only time any real football goes on at the stadium this year.  I just don't see their defense being able to make enough stops to beat us. 

Congrats to all the members of the football team that made all state.  Especially Austin Collins, both 1st team offense and 1st team defense.  I can say I have never witnessed that before.

Navasota 48
Gilmer 28

[quote name="lobos" post="1357038" timestamp="1355971858"]
Gilmer-38
Navasota-13

Please ask why! 8)
[/quote]

Navasota will have 14 before the end of the 1st quarter.  Gilmer is giving up over 21 pts a game and haven't seen a offense as good as Navasota.  I am not promising a win, but Navasota scores at least 35 in this one.

[quote name="cbmurphy11" post="1356856" timestamp="1355941424"]
I am originally from Dayton but have been living the Navasota area for the last 7 years.  I think it is great what this football team has done for the community.  It is awesome going to the games and having standing room only no matter what stadium we play it.  I don't think we will have that issue this week.  But then again all of Dallas might show up, could be the only time any real football goes on at the stadium this year.  I just don't see their defense being able to make enough stops to beat us. 

Congrats to all the members of the football team that made all state.  Especially Austin Collins, both 1st team offense and 1st team defense.  I can say I have never witnessed that before.

Navasota 48
Gilmer 28
[/quote]Agreed sir!  I have sat on Navasota's side for the last three games, and your fan support and involvement in the game is outstanding.  I will be in Arlington tomorrow to watch Navasota play.  As for the game, I must say that Gilmer is a very good program, and I think that this will be a hard fought game.  I do not see a blowout in this game.

Navasota-28
Gilmer-24

[quote name="skipper" post="1357419" timestamp="1356057304"]
gilmer will roll all over navasota JMO
[/quote]

No way Navasota will be "rolled over" by any means.  Navasota will control this game from start to finish! I wouldn't wouldn't be to suprized if this game is over @ half time in favor of Navasota  JMO....
Navasota 35
Gilmer 14 

3A Division II State Championship was played in round three !!!!! LaMarque was easily the best team Navasota played.  Navasota deserves the Championship, they took care of their business. Game against Gilmer was not even close, I don't know if that is an indication of how weak the North Regions are or how strong the South, especially Region III was.  At one time Region III had as many as 5 teams in the Top 10.  I saw the LaMarque/Navasota game and without the 2 snaps over the punters head and driving to the 1/2 yard line and not scoring and driving to the 2 yard line and fumbling and numerous personal foul penalties (all merited) it may have been LaMarque getting their 6th State Championship but Navasota did what they had to do to win and that is a tribute to them.  #2 and #68 are two of the best players in the state and both proved that yesterday at Cowboys Stadium..Congratulations to coach Fedora and his staff.

[quote name="badndn" post="1357983" timestamp="1356188840"]
That Collins kid can fly and #68 was a man amongst boys. Is he only a Junior?
Rattlers defense was best I've seen at any level in a while. Fast,Fast,Fast and swarming!
Congrats to the Rattlers, the real "Greatest Show On Turf" ;)
[/quote]
Yes he is only a Junior. Navasota has so many good back ups that they would be able to have a repeat next year.

[quote name="Rattler'12" post="1359360" timestamp="1356756213"]
[quote author=badndn link=topic=107611.msg1357983#msg1357983 date=1356188840]
That Collins kid can fly and #68 was a man amongst boys. Is he only a Junior?
Rattlers defense was best I've seen at any level in a while. Fast,Fast,Fast and swarming!
Congrats to the Rattlers, the real "Greatest Show On Turf" ;)
[/quote]
Yes he is only a Junior. Navasota has so many good back ups that they would be able to have a repeat next year.
[/quote]No thanks, I've already seen enough.  I hope a tornado blows Navasota into Louisiana.  Just kidding, congratulations to the Rattlers.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin