West Orange-Stark vs Navasota Rattlers Game Thread/Navasota wins 38-7!

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="venom33" post="1351582" timestamp="1354945470"]
[quote author=the-riot07 link=topic=107262.msg1351517#msg1351517 date=1354940700]
Wow you know absolutely nothing about football. You can't blame our defense for this game. They started out blow for blow. They had 2 passing touchdowns and 2 interceptions. But you can't be on the field that much against an offense like that!!!!! Defense did what they could and salter had the worst game of his hs career! There is no pitty patting around it, salter didn't give the stangs a chance tonight.
[/quote]

+1
[/quote]
The navasota defense had a little something to do with Salter's performance ;-)

Y'all are taking what coach Thompson said and making it something else! Go back and watch the film! We were constantly driving on navasota and then shooting ourselves in the foot! Yes navasota made us pay for the turnovers, that's what great teams do! They scored 24 points off of turnovers...add 80 yards of penalties to that and that's what happened! Coach Thompson was right on the money with what he said! I'm not saying the mustangs were the better team. Just wish we could have seen how it would have been if we didn't have the worst game of our season tonight.

[quote name="the-riot07" post="1351594" timestamp="1354946237"]
Y'all are taking what coach Thompson said and making it something else! Go back and watch the film! We were constantly driving on navasota and then shooting ourselves in the foot! Yes navasota made us pay for the turnovers, that's what great teams do! They scored 24 points off of turnovers...add 80 yards of penalties to that and that's what happened! Coach Thompson was right on the money with what he said! I'm not saying the mustangs were the better team. Just wish we could have seen how it would have been if we didn't have the worst game of our season tonight.
[/quote]

Come on now.  WOS only got in the redzone 1-2 times all game and one of those was because of the blocked punt.  Our defense controlled the game the entire time.  WOS did have a few nice plays and then would get stopped and turn over the ball or have to punt.  This game wasn't even as close as the score board showed.  We ran the ball most of the second half.  The problem with facing Navasota is they score fast and get up early on teams.  This puts the opponent in catch up mode and half to start throwing the ball around.  For the most part teams aren't comfortable doing that and it showed tonight.  The QB was throwing it up for grabs. 

[quote name="cbmurphy11" post="1351565" timestamp="1354944418"]
Couldn't believe I read this right. 

"We didn't get beat," WO-S coach Cornel Thompson said. "We beat ourselves."

Read more: http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/sports/hs/article/West-Orange-Stark-football-loses-to-Navasota-in-4101089.php#ixzz2ER2tkX1B

I am pretty sure you got beat by the better team.  Sounds like the Dawson coach last week.
[/quote]

Very dissappointing statement Coach.  I know that the statement was based on turnovers but even though I wasn't at the game,  I bet some if not all of those turnovers were forced. I know we as fans make these statements but its dissappointing when it comes from a Head Coach.

[quote name="ST413" post="1351599" timestamp="1354946678"]
[quote author=cbmurphy11 link=topic=107262.msg1351565#msg1351565 date=1354944418]

Read more: http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/sports/hs/article/West-Orange-Stark-football-loses-to-Navasota-in-4101089.php#ixzz2ER2tkX1B

I am pretty sure you got beat by the better team.  Sounds like the Dawson coach last week.
[/quote]

Very dissappointing statement Coach.  I know that the statement was based on turnovers but even though I wasn't at the game,  I bet some if not all of those turnovers were forced. I know we as fans make these statements but its dissappointing when it comes from a Head Coach.
[/quote]

I agree with you.  Last week there was a 11 page thread about the Dawson coach saying the better team didn't win tonight and everybody had issues with that. 

Look dude y'all won its over lol but you don't have to lie to yourself! Y'all had all the starters in the entire game and was going for it and throwing it on 4th down in the 4th quarter!!!!! And all but 1 of the wos turnovers was on 1st or 2nd down!!!! When the 1st turnover happened we were driving all over y'all! Never even got to 3rd down and then he made a terrible throw straight to the linebacker lol our offense was having lots of success when he wasn't turning the ball over! But whatever you can believe what you want, at the end of the day y'all win we lose and that's all that matters!!

P.S. coach t never said the better team lost, just that we beat ourselves! And with 5 turnovers and 80 yards of penalties is pretty justifiable!

Congrats to Navasota the better team tonight.The Rattlers turned WOS miscues into points and were the best team tonight.Great season for the Stangs(9 shutouts) is awesome.Met a few WOS supporters tonight.Last but not least Turner stadium was not big enuff nor did they have enuff concessions and those were totally unorganized.Stand in a line of 40 to get to the window @ the half to get told food concessions are on the other end.Stand in line of 30 for 20 min.and the line gets longer as teens jump in line w/their friends.Lastly there were boo-coo police/sheriff dept officers and not 1 was directing traffic before the game & into the overcrowded parking lots w/hundreds off the pavement and many vehicles were blocked in.A normal 25 min drive from Dayton down 1960 to Humble took 1 hr 15 min.Lake Houston to Turner was a bad traffic jam.Thankful I live in the boonies 8)

[quote name="liltex" post="1351612" timestamp="1354947736"]
Congrats to Navasota the better team tonight.The Rattlers turned WOS miscues into points and were the best team tonight.Great season for the Stangs(9 shutouts) is awesome.Met a few WOS supporters tonight.Last but not least Turner stadium was not big enuff nor did they have enuff concessions and those were totally unorganized.Stand in a line of 40 to get to the window @ the half to get told food concessions are on the other end.Stand in line of 30 for 20 min.and the line gets longer as teens jump in line w/their friends.Lastly there were boo-coo police/sheriff dept officers and not 1 was directing traffic before the game & into the overcrowded parking lots w/hundreds off the pavement and many vehicles were blocked in.A normal 25 min drive from Dayton down 1960 to Humble took 1 hr 15 min.Lake Houston to Turner was a bad traffic jam.Thankful I live in the boonies 8)
[/quote] yikes...glad you made it safe..when you called it was pretty loud over at Lamar, loudest game i've been to all year, well, until tomorrow LOL

[quote name="Rattler99" post="1351532" timestamp="1354941274"]
Some of you are full of it. Before tonight, WOS would be the team to beat the Rattlers. Now, it's Gilmer. Grow a pair and take the loss. The better team won from start to finish.
[/quote]

Quit your freakin belly achin the person who said that is not even a WOS fan. Nobody is trying to take anything away from you... Act like youve been here before...

[quote name="ST413" post="1351599" timestamp="1354946678"]
[quote author=cbmurphy11 link=topic=107262.msg1351565#msg1351565 date=1354944418]

[/quote]

[/quote]

+1

[quote name="Gasilla" post="1351617" timestamp="1354948019"]
[quote author=Rattler99 link=topic=107262.msg1351532#msg1351532 date=1354941274]
Some of you are full of it. Before tonight, WOS would be the team to beat the Rattlers. Now, it's Gilmer. Grow a pair and take the loss. The better team won from start to finish.
[/quote]

Quit your freakin belly achin the person who said that is not even a WOS fan. Nobody is trying to take anything away from you... Act like youve been here before...
[/quote]

First, if you didn't make the statement about Gilmer beating the Rattlers, I wasn't talking to you.  Reading comprehension is NOT your friend.

Yes FULL OF IT... We played and dominated the #1 DEFENSE. Now, Gilmer is going to be the team to beat Navasota?

Act like you have been here before!  Congrat the better team and take your loss. 

Game over.  NEXT!!!

Rattler99 do everyone a favor and shut the hell up! Congrats your team won! We played like crap, y'all didn't! We lost y'all won!!!! Now shut up and move on with your life! Boy you can tell your not use to success...and since your not in setx and y'all are no longer playing a team from setx, MOVE AROUND!

[quote name="the-riot07" post="1351654" timestamp="1354959188"]
The Rattlers had 171 yards in the first half while the Mustangs had 166. So don't act like we wasn't moving the ball on y'all! Take away a couple of our turnovers and we have ourselves a totally different ball game! ;)
[/quote]

What about field position?  The interception returned to our 20 something yd line (Short field). We had a pick 6.  And don't forget the 80 yd TD that was called back.  You can't just look at stats and have tunnel vision.  Just like the 9 shutouts...very impressive, but at the same time very misleading...

I listened and it sounded like Navasota was clearly the better team last night and most likely are the odds on favorites to win it all...WOS did make a ton of mistakes and you just cannot have that against a team as good as Navasota.

nevertheless, a GREAT season by WOS...13-1 is nothing to sneeze at and these kids accomplished a great deal that they and their community shoudl be proud of

Enough about the mistakes that WOS made.  I was at the game, and Navasota was CLEARLY the dominant team.  Navasota made their share of mistakes early too.  The difference is that Navasota took advantage of the WOS mistakes.  Good defensive teams force mistakes, and then take advantage.  I am not saying that WOS is not a good team.  They were just not in the same league as Navasota.  I noticed that Navasota's offensive line dominated that "vaunted" WOS defense all night.  The Navasota QB had all night to throw, and the line opened up some huge holes.  The Navasota defense is awesome too.  I do not see anyone beating Navasota.

Nice job Navasota. Your offense was as advertised and I see nobody stopping the Rattlers on their way to the 3A-DII state title. Your offense moved the ball on a good defense, your size and speed overmatched the undersized WOS defense. The WOS offense helped your team out tremendously by gift wrapping turnovers on 90% of their possessions. Your team has very good athletes and I was impressed with your speed (I'm not easily impressed)...especially that #2, sorry I didn't get his name. I was involved in a different string all week and I toted our team as better than they actually were (of course, anybody would). Now that the Rattlers put a hurting on WOS, I will give you my true opinion.

Warning: some Mustang fans will not like what I have to say...but it is unbiased. Also Note, I am a Mustang fan true and through...I bleed blue, but I am not delusional.

No team can win a football game with as many turnovers as WOS had last night. Navasota, your defense is good. You suppressed a sub-par offense last night. There is no debate when I say WOS offense is awful, undersized, not very physical and they do not have the speed like our defense. Our QB is know for throwing interceptions and fumbling the ball...he did it last year and he did it this year. I'll give you credit for "forcing" the fumbles but the interceptions...he threw them right to Navasota players (like they were his receivers). So, for a lack-lus-ter offense to move the ball as well as they did I can't give your defense the nod (and yes they moved the ball on you quite well only loosing momentum due to turnovers).

I could go on and on but I'm tired of typing and I have things to do this morning :)

Again, good job Rattlers and good luck!

[quote name="mreed" post="1351693" timestamp="1354977443"]
Nice job Navasota. Your offense was as advertised and I see nobody stopping the Rattlers on their way to the 3A-DII state title. Your offense moved the ball on a good defense, your size and speed overmatched the undersized WOS defense. The WOS offense helped your team out tremendously by gift wrapping turnovers on 90% of their possessions. Your team has very good athletes and I was impressed with your speed (I'm not easily impressed)...especially that #2, sorry I didn't get his name. I was involved in a different string all week and I toted our team as better than they actually were (of course, anybody would). Now that the Rattlers put a hurting on WOS, I will give you my true opinion.

Warning: some Mustang fans will not like what I have to say...but it is unbiased. Also Note, I am a Mustang fan true and through...I bleed blue, but I am not delusional.

No team can win a football game with as many turnovers as WOS had last night. Navasota, your defense is good. You suppressed a sub-par offense last night. There is no debate when I say WOS offense is awful, undersized, not very physical and they do not have the speed like our defense. Our QB is know for throwing interceptions and fumbling the ball...he did it last year and he did it this year. I'll give you credit for "forcing" the fumbles but the interceptions...he threw them right to Navasota players (like they were his receivers). So, for a lack-lus-ter offense to move the ball as well as they did I can't give your defense the nod (and yes they moved the ball on you quite well only loosing momentum due to turnovers).

I could go on and on but I'm tired of typing and I have things to do this morning :)

Again, good job Rattlers and good luck!
[/quote]Good post for the most part.  You gotta remember that WOS made those mistakes because they were facing one hell of a good team.  The Navasota LB's were in that QB's back pocket all night. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin