Nederland VS Georgetown.....REGION 3 SHOWDOWN

Who will represent Region 3 in the Semi-Finals  

293 members have voted

1. 1. Who will represent Region 3 in the Semi-Finals

• Nederland Bulldogs
    • Georgetown Eagles

[quote name="georgetown" post="1349843" timestamp="1354738902"]
You can talk about the Nederland defense all you want, but it's hard to say that the Georgetown offense, averaging 42 points a game, won't score a few times.  I think the Georgetown defense isn't receiving enough praise-Only giving up 12.5 points a game, the Nederland offense should be what everyone is talking about.
[/quote]

Pearland averaged 43 points a game and only got 19,  including in OT.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest AnyGivenFriday
[quote name="BigRed42" post="1349881" timestamp="1354743067"]
[quote author=AnyGivenFriday link=topic=106997.msg1349875#msg1349875 date=1354742279]
[quote author=DOGS1988 link=topic=106997.msg1349864#msg1349864 date=1354740599]
[quote author=AnyGivenFriday link=topic=106997.msg1349854#msg1349854 date=1354739682]
[quote author=DOGS1988 link=topic=106997.msg1349750#msg1349750 date=1354728872]
AnyGivenFriday, ......I can tell you don't know anything about Nederland.  We have seen posters like you ALL season, and we have put down teams like yours ALL season.  I have heard nothing but good things about your Georgetown team....I look forward to seeing them play my DOGS. I find it a shame that the hardwork your team and coaches have put in to earn the respect, good sportsmanship and discipline that they are known for, to be torn down by a fanbase that is the opposite, showing extreme disrespect to their opponent.  Once you see what our team will do this Saturday, I feel certain you will be a lot more humble in your feeling towards our team and fanbase, and possibly, have some respect.  We want to play the best teams, we welcome that. We want to see what we are made of. So bring it Saturday, the DOGS sure are, just like we did for Dawson.  I expect Georgetown will do the same.  These boys are going to play their hearts out and leave it all on the field.  IF we don't win, you will witness a true champion in the good sportsmanship they will show in congratulating your team.  All we ask, is that Georgetown do the same for us.  Good luck to both of our teams Saturday, and may the best team win!

GO BULLDOGS....beat the Eagles!!!!!!
[/quote]

:-* I'm voting you in for sweetest little Boy Scout 2012
[/quote]

Pay attention...look at my signature line under my posts....smh ::)

[b]Proud Mother of a US NAVY SAILOR[/b]
[/quote]

Sorry about that. I normally try not to pay too much attention to Nederland fans, because of all the nonsense that spews out of their big mouths.
[/quote]

Wow. I hope we win this week so I don't ever have to listen to your crap again. The only reason you came on here and made an account is to talk trash. If you can't admit that it is going to be a close game, you are drinking waaaaaay too much of your team's kool-aid. There are rarely blow outs at this stage in the playoffs and these 2 teams match up really well against each other. If Nederland loses, you'll be all over this board saying I told you so. I will accept and eat my crow. If Georgetown loses, I bet you will never type in setxsports.com into your url again. Here's to a injury free game, and may the better team win on Saturday.
[/quote]

I came on here to educate you fools on the next 4A D-1 state champions, the Georgetown Eagles! Someone has to bring you kids back to reality...

[quote name="godawggo" post="1349884" timestamp="1354743235"]
[quote author=BigRed42 link=topic=106997.msg1349881#msg1349881 date=1354743067]
[quote author=AnyGivenFriday link=topic=106997.msg1349875#msg1349875 date=1354742279]
[quote author=AnyGivenFriday link=topic=106997.msg1349854#msg1349854 date=1354739682]
AnyGivenFriday, ......I can tell you don't know anything about Nederland.  We have seen posters like you ALL season, and we have put down teams like yours ALL season.  I have heard nothing but good things about your Georgetown team....I look forward to seeing them play my DOGS. I find it a shame that the hardwork your team and coaches have put in to earn the respect, good sportsmanship and discipline that they are known for, to be torn down by a fanbase that is the opposite, showing extreme disrespect to their opponent.  Once you see what our team will do this Saturday, I feel certain you will be a lot more humble in your feeling towards our team and fanbase, and possibly, have some respect.  We want to play the best teams, we welcome that. We want to see what we are made of. So bring it Saturday, the DOGS sure are, just like we did for Dawson.  I expect Georgetown will do the same.  These boys are going to play their hearts out and leave it all on the field.  IF we don't win, you will witness a true champion in the good sportsmanship they will show in congratulating your team.  All we ask, is that Georgetown do the same for us.  Good luck to both of our teams Saturday, and may the best team win!

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sorry about that. I normally try not to pay too much attention to Nederland fans, because of all the nonsense that spews out of their big mouths.
[/quote]

Wow. I hope we win this week so I don't ever have to listen to your crap again. The only reason you came on here and made an account is to talk trash. If you can't admit that it is going to be a close game, you are drinking waaaaaay too much of your team's kool-aid. There are rarely blow outs at this stage in the playoffs and these 2 teams match up really well against each other. If Nederland loses, you'll be all over this board saying I told you so. I will accept and eat my crow. If Georgetown loses, I bet you will never type in setxsports.com into your url again. Here's to a injury free game, and may the better team win on Saturday.
[/quote]
There are a few other people on here that are doing the same thing, Georgetown???
[/quote]

I'm hoping and thinking that "Anygiven" is going to have a short career with us. 8)

[quote name="georgetown" post="1349843" timestamp="1354738902"]
You can talk about the Nederland defense all you want, but it's hard to say that the Georgetown offense, averaging 42 points a game, won't score a few times.  I think the Georgetown defense isn't receiving enough praise-Only giving up 12.5 points a game, the Nederland offense should be what everyone is talking about.
[/quote]
PD averaged numbers very similar to that and how did it work for them? Nederland Defense is for real and there offense is good enough to control the game. It is going to be a low scoring game.

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1349935" timestamp="1354747481"]
Didnt pd have like 20 first downs and 360 yds of offense. I know that didnt score much but I wouldnt say neds defense shut them down.
[/quote]
But who won the game? But, if you actually watched the game you would know that they ran at least twice as many plays as Nederland. Average yards per play was not very high for them.

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1349935" timestamp="1354747481"]
Didnt pd have like 20 first downs and 360 yds of offense. I know that didnt score much but I wouldnt say neds defense shut them down.
[/quote]

Number one priority on D against Dawson was to stop #2. He ended up with 91 yards rushing....probably his lowest output, and no TDs.

When you hold a team to more than 20 points less than their average, you stopped them. Stats are just that.

[quote name="ram0524" post="1349939" timestamp="1354747719"]
[quote author=bronco pride link=topic=106997.msg1349935#msg1349935 date=1354747481]
[/quote]
But who won the game? But, if you actually watched the game you would know that they ran at least twice as many plays as Nederland. Average yards per play was not very high for them.
[/quote]your right a win is a win. Still alot of yds considering dawson had 13 penalties and 4 fumbles.

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1349952" timestamp="1354749042"]
[quote author=ram0524 link=topic=106997.msg1349939#msg1349939 date=1354747719]
[quote author=bronco pride link=topic=106997.msg1349935#msg1349935 date=1354747481]
[/quote]
[/quote]your right a win is a win. Still alot of yds considering dawson had 13 penalties and 4 fumbles.
[/quote]
One fumble was on a two point conversion, another on a snap, forgot what one was, and we recovered the other.

[quote name="AnyGivenFriday" post="1349875" timestamp="1354742279"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Speaking of spewing...assuming the BULLDOGS beat your Eagles, will you come back on to this site and eat your crow ..or will you just fade away into the sunset, never to be heard from again??

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1349952" timestamp="1354749042"]
[quote author=ram0524 link=topic=106997.msg1349939#msg1349939 date=1354747719]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Only one of those fumbles were recovered by Nederland and the penalties on Dawson's offense allowed them to gain more yards in the box score...but I could care less how many yards they gain as long as we hold them out of the endzone

Georgetown's season low on offense was 31 points, so lets just say the Nederland D can hold them to a season low of 21 points. After watching the Nederland/Dawson game the Nederland O is going to have a hard time scoring against the Gtown D, which is probably just as good as the Nederland D. The Nederland D is going to have to return some interceptions, because I dont think their offense has what it takes against a brutal defense.

Hey, would you guys mind passing your posts onto next week's opponent to save them the time of typing.  We been hearing this for about 6 weeks now... broken record... we'll just keep boring teams into submission with our UNIMPRESSIVE play.  Ol Herman Boone said it best, like Novacane, give it time and it always works.

A lot of you dog fans are trying to make it seem like the close knit brotherhood the Nederland players posses will overwhelm the eagles, but I'd say that Georgetown matches that same brotherhood if not exceeds it. These seniors have been playing on the same side of the ball since third grade and some even younger, which explains a lot of this seasons success. The one thing that worries me is how the eagles will play in a close game. They've only been down twice this season, but for a very short period of time. Needless to say I'm a little anxious to watch this matchup

GT played nobody during reg season. They were scared to put the likes of Lake Travis or Westwood on the schedule. I lived there three years an always knew who the better teams in the area where. Elgin, Bastrop, and Manor they blew out only to make them stronger for the post season. Nederland's Defense is for real like the folks say!!  An yeah Manor still in it too shouts out to friends that rep Manor. But the biggest school they played was McNeil an they've been the area's doormat for the longest an they put up 20 on GT. com on man!!

Look,
We are all excited... Both teams are fantastic both teams are fully capable of destroying the other once someone makes a mistake. At this point this could go either way. Someone is going home disappointed Saturday afternoon. Theres no way to say who, some come prepared either way and play like your life depends on it... Most of all play to kill. No mercy, run it up...

[quote name="georgetown" post="1350048" timestamp="1354761049"]
A lot of you dog fans are trying to make it seem like the close knit brotherhood the Nederland players posses will overwhelm the eagles, but I'd say that Georgetown matches that same brotherhood if not exceeds it. These seniors have been playing on the same side of the ball since third grade and some even younger, which explains a lot of this seasons success. The one thing that worries me is how the eagles will play in a close game. They've only been down twice this season, but for a very short period of time. Needless to say I'm a little anxious to watch this matchup
[/quote]
Well, it sounds like we have common ground. This senior class has played since they were in 2nd and 3rd grade and ahve been very successful every year.

Last year as mostly JR's went undefeated in district with 1 loss in non-district. Looks like GT was 6-4, what changed?

[quote name="Bulldog8" post="1350061" timestamp="1354762249"]
[quote author=georgetown link=topic=106997.msg1350048#msg1350048 date=1354761049]
[/quote]
Well, it sounds like we have common ground. This senior class has played since they were in 2nd and 3rd grade and ahve been very successful every year.

Last year as mostly JR's went undefeated in district with 1 loss in non-district. Looks like GT was 6-4, what changed?
[/quote]
QB Jake Hubenak got injured after a 4-0 start for the remainder of the season. Can't make it too far without your starting QB, especially in 5a

[quote name="georgetown" post="1350048" timestamp="1354761049"]
[/quote]
I agree with this. Gtown has never had much talent, and I have seen them pull off victories over teams that were just way better than them with shear heart and determination. Art Briles (Baylor) I think was 1-19 at Gtown before he went to Stephenville and won all those state championships. But even so Gtown has always fought harder than any teams I ever saw. I went to Gtown K-9 but graduated and played football for Tomball toward the end of their 20 year playoff streak in the early 90's. Even with such a history the Tomball culture was weak compared to Georgetown.

It is so hard to choose one thing over another with these two teams personal wise. GT is tight, Ned is tight. GT has pride and heart, well so does Nederland. GT a disciplined team, Ned is as well. GT been together for years.. So has Ned. Gt never had as much talent, Ned always has talent but none of this magnitude. Only difference is see is GT is a quick high powered O, and Ned is a big physical D. This game is going to come down to who covers punts, kicks better. And who can make a extra point or field goals the most. But, since I attend Nederland High School right now I am going to be a homer and say that we are going to win this one. Just things I hear from the players I have classes with is that they are determined for the BIG TROPHY in Dallas. They know GT is going to be tough, but they are prepared and want all they got. GT is going to see a team that they have never seen before come at them, and they are not going to like it. GO BIG NED.

[quote name="ace2335" post="1350055" timestamp="1354761548"]
GT played nobody during reg season. They were scared to put the likes of Lake Travis or Westwood on the schedule. I lived there three years an always knew who the better teams in the area where. Elgin, Bastrop, and Manor they blew out only to make them stronger for the post season. Nederland's Defense is for real like the folks say!!  An yeah Manor still in it too shouts out to friends that rep Manor. But the biggest school they played was McNeil an they've been the area's doormat for the longest an they put up 20 on GT. com on man!!
[/quote]

So how about the teams they played in the playoffs? Summer Creek? Angleton? Is that not impressive at all? And actually McNeil put up 6 points on the Georgetown stating defense. With the score 36-6 at halftime the coach put in back ups in the second half.

[quote name="ace2335" post="1350055" timestamp="1354761548"]
[/quote]

Your statement is void xD

[quote name="ram0524" post="1350088" timestamp="1354765021"]
It is so hard to choose one thing over another with these two teams personal wise. GT is tight, Ned is tight. GT has pride and heart, well so does Nederland. GT a disciplined team, Ned is as well. GT been together for years.. So has Ned. Gt never had as much talent, Ned always has talent but none of this magnitude. Only difference is see is GT is a quick high powered O, and Ned is a big physical D. This game is going to come down to who covers punts, kicks better. And who can make a extra point or field goals the most. But, since I attend Nederland High School right now I am going to be a homer and say that we are going to win this one. Just things I hear from the players I have classes with is that they are determined for the BIG TROPHY in Dallas. They know GT is going to be tough, but they are prepared and want all they got. GT is going to see a team that they have never seen before come at them, and they are not going to like it. GO BIG NED.
[/quote]

He*l yeah! Thats what im talking about, baby!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    hawedex
    Newest Member
    hawedex