Dawson Coach Eric Wells post game comment:

Guest ECBucFan

One of my favorite times of the game was when our dominant defense would tackle #2 and drive him back in the ground. I just know our linemen were talking smack while he was laying on his back. Something like, this is what a REAL defense feels like, get use to it. Seems like every time we nailed him to the ground he didn't like being there. Gotta love a dominant defense. Dawson couldn't do nothing but throw the Hail Mary backyard playground pass. I may be not giving our defense and coaches enough respect, make that 9 our of 10 times we bear Dawson.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="ice74" post="1346765" timestamp="1354383983"]
Wow, what a ridiculous thing for him to say.  I was already glad Ned. Won , but I'm even more glad that Dawson lost.  From the unsportsmanlike conduct penalties to the classless comments of their arrogant coach, it just makes seeing them sent packing that much sweeter. I sincerely hope that this not a true representation of he is, maybe it's just an isolated, dumb comment.  For the kids sake I hope that's the case.
[/quote]

For more background, check out his tenure at LaMarque.

[quote name="James Mosley" post="1346784" timestamp="1354384636"]
One of my favorite times of the game was when our dominant defense would tackle #2 and drive him back in the ground. I just know our linemen were talking smack while he was laying on his back. Something like, this is what a REAL defense feels like, get use to it. Seems like every time we nailed him to the ground he didn't like being there. Gotta love a dominant defense. Dawson couldn't do nothing but throw the [b]Hail Mary backyard playground pass[/b]. I may be not giving our defense and coaches enough respect, make that 9 our of 10 times we bear Dawson.
[/quote]

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Quite a contrast from Angleton's head coach and his aftergame comments to our team last year.  Wildcat coach is a prime example of winning with class.  Don't know how he would handle a disappointing loss like Dawson had, but I would bet it would be with class too.
It's always good to see a cocky team go down, especially to an "underdog". 

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="1346308" timestamp="1354342696"]
[i]"As long as I've been coaching, this is the toughest one because [size=14pt]I think we're better than this team we played tonight[/size]," Wells said. "[size=14pt]I don't think the better team won.[/size]"[/i]

What a piece of work!
[/quote]

The things I could say about some of these schools right now... :-X

For those who haven't seen/read it, here's the Chronicle's page on how the "better team" lost last night..  CHeck out the readers' comments at the end of it..  I see PD has a rep for being classless ----wads!!

http://www.chron.com/sports/highschool/articleComments/Nederland-outlasts-Dawson-in-OT-thriller-4082556.php

The coach did not watch the same game I did.  Dawson played more back yard football and clearly Nederland was a better team.  Dawson had alot of talant and speed but did not have the coaching that Nederland has. Im not from Nederland but myself and family cheered for yall to win and i hope i can make the next game.

[quote name="magnus1on1" post="1346909" timestamp="1354393806"]
But he also said this.. Just sayin

"We made too many mistakes," Dawson coach Eric Wells said. "[b]Nederland's a dang good team. They outplayed us today. The ball bounced their way. It just wasn't our day."[/b][/quote]

Don't know which of his 2 comments were made first, but I'll bet this one was made after his meds took effect... and the hysteria calmed down...

[quote name="Chris17" post="1346914" timestamp="1354394215"]
The coach did not watch the same game I did.  Dawson played more back yard football and clearly Nederland was a better team.  Dawson had alot of talant and speed but did not have the coaching that Nederland has. Im not from Nederland but myself and family cheered for yall to win and i hope i can make the next game.
[/quote]

+1    ;D

[quote name="YankeeDawg" post="1346918" timestamp="1354394475"]
[quote author=magnus1on1 link=topic=106966.msg1346909#msg1346909 date=1354393806]
But he also said this.. Just sayin

"We made too many mistakes," Dawson coach Eric Wells said. "[b]Nederland's a dang good team. They outplayed us today. The ball bounced their way. It just wasn't our day."[/b][/quote]

Don't know which of his 2 comments were made first, but I'll bet this one was made after his meds took effect... and the hysteria calmed down...
[/quote]

Oh I'm sure....  ::)

I read the article on Dawson and the Dogs in the Pearland newspaper and coach Wells quoted that Nederland is a dang good team. They outplayed us today. They made more plays than we did. It just wasn't our day. I am not defending him but that was showing some class. With that being said lets go and get Georgetown. Go Dogs

[quote name="CTH13" post="1346605" timestamp="1354379005"]
He didn't lie.. The better team didn't win.. Y'all are fools to think Nederland was the better team, they got lucky.
[/quote]

What are you smoking?? Clearly you come from the same school of class as Wells. I watched Dawson play 3 times. Offensive line is nothing but big, slow and unathletic. Best reciever can not catch over the middle, QB has poor accuracy and Defense blows assignments. They have great athletes, and that is how they have won games. Not a great TEAM, someday you willl learn the difference. Nederland is a TEAM! Pains me to say that, but it is the truth!

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="1346308" timestamp="1354342696"]
[i]"As long as I've been coaching, this is the toughest one because [size=14pt]I think we're better than this team we played tonight[/size]," Wells said. "[size=14pt]I don't think the better team won.[/size]"[/i]

What a piece of work!
[/quote]

And is he RIGHT.  Sounds like he was out coached and his kids were over-confident.  Nederland had its first test and passed.  Congrats.  Enjoy this euphoria.  Out coaching won't get you buy GTown next week.

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1347582" timestamp="1354462255"]
[quote author=ECBucFan link=topic=106966.msg1346308#msg1346308 date=1354342696]

What a piece of work!
[/quote]

And is he RIGHT.  Sounds like he was out coached and his kids were over-confident.  Nederland had its first test and passed.  Congrats.  Enjoy this euphoria.  Out coaching won't get you buy GTown next week.
[/quote]

Sounds like Summer's Eve is still bitter.  Get over it dude.

[quote name="fwstangs" post="1347580" timestamp="1354462143"]
Just watched the game this am - wow Dawson is such a team of individual babies. And the end of the game sums it up, kids acting like babies and punks. Not all, but a lot of starters. Kudos to number 99 of Dawson - class act. you are a winner son.
[/quote]

I agree. I saw him on the goal line praying before the game... At halftime they were ALL praying lol.. But seriously. Being a Christ follower I noticed his personal prayer on the goal line.. Then I noticed that he went down twice during the game and didnt quit. Then I noticed that he BAREEEELLLLLLLY  missed Carson shoestrings on the last play of the game but he was running with all his might to the last step.. I wish I could see him and tell him personally how proud I was of his personal performance.

[quote name="PNG Proud" post="1347990" timestamp="1354504278"]
[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=106966.msg1347582#msg1347582 date=1354462255]
[quote author=ECBucFan link=topic=106966.msg1346308#msg1346308 date=1354342696]

What a piece of work!
[/quote]

[/quote]

Sounds like Summer's Eve is still bitter.  Get over it dude.
[/quote]
he thinks that Georgetown is the best team in the world because they beat SC.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder