Summer Creek vs. Georgetown

BHFAN

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't look past G-Town.  QB is a stud and the receivers know how to create space. The defense gives up little to nothing. This team is very experienced. The have 54 Seniors on the roster. I don't want you guys to think it is gonna be a cakewalk. Our district was considered weak by most because we had two first year teams. The top four in this district is as strong as any out there. The Austin American Statesman had a fixation with Lake Travis and the Cedar Park/ Leander area. They think the rest of the Austin metro area doesn't exist.

[quote name="Chrcj71" post="1335913" timestamp="1353218539"]
Don't look past G-Town.  QB is a stud and the receivers know how to create space. The defense gives up little to nothing. This team is very experienced. The have 54 Seniors on the roster. I don't want you guys to think it is gonna be a cakewalk. Our district was considered weak by most because we had two first year teams. The top four in this district is as strong as any out there. The Austin American Statesman had a fixation with Lake Travis and the Cedar Park/ Leander area. They think the rest of the Austin metro area doesn't exist.
[/quote]

I think you are right. it will not be a cakewalk.

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1335999" timestamp="1353248711"]
Georgetown in a blowout. Sc won't be able to rely on there speed this week and Georgetown won't make mistakes like Vidor did.

Georgetown by 21+
[/quote]

Bitter ::)

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1336003" timestamp="1353249063"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=106448.msg1335999#msg1335999 date=1353248711]
Georgetown in a blowout. Sc won't be able to rely on there speed this week and Georgetown won't make mistakes like Vidor did.

Georgetown by 21+
[/quote]

[/quote]
Nope. Just calling like I see it.

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1336007" timestamp="1353249390"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=106448.msg1336003#msg1336003 date=1353249063]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=106448.msg1335999#msg1335999 date=1353248711]

Georgetown by 21+
[/quote]

[/quote]
Nope. Just calling like I see it.
[/quote]

Yep, Bitter ::)

Here's the thing, each week from PN-G to Crosby to BH to the mighty Dayton and last week hard nosed Vidor, SC was told they were in trouble. Each time we came out and over powered the competition with our high powered offense. I'm convinced NO team has seen an offense like SC this year. PN-G, Crosby, Dayton & Vidor are all very proud teams that never imagined it was possible to have 45+ points hung on 'em.  I'm not about to start doubting SC's offense now.

SC's defense is the wild card in this game. They need to have a solid game and keep Georgetown to slow scores.  Our DB's need some picks.  The arm tackles must stop.

I've never seen Georgetown play and I'm really curious to see if they're the another "great team" that's never seen a team of SC's level.

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1335997" timestamp="1353248625"]
One great team is going to be sitting home after round 2! either of these teams has a legit shot at going to State.
[/quote]

As much as it turns my stomach to say this, but VIDOR is a great team that's sitting out. Vidor could beat BH, Crosby (if they could handle Crosby's passing), and probably many others including a Nederland rematch.

[quote name="dme1111" post="1336121" timestamp="1353257195"]
DemDogs... While I do believe SC is a real threat to state I believe you are underestimating Nederland.  They Could roll any of the teams you've named and did 2 of them.  I have a ton of respect for Vidor but cmon man... Give the ORIGINAL Dogs some love!!!!
[/quote]

I hear ya dude. No disrespect intended, but I gotta question a team that only beats Vidor by 6.  The new Dawgs hung 51 points on Vidor.  I know my analysis is like the BCS, but most times it proves out.

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1336102" timestamp="1353255962"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=106448.msg1335997#msg1335997 date=1353248625]
One great team is going to be sitting home after round 2! either of these teams has a legit shot at going to State.
[/quote]

As much as it turns my stomach to say this, but VIDOR is a great team that's sitting out. Vidor could beat BH, Crosby (if they could handle Crosby's passing), and probably many others including a Nederland rematch.
[/quote]SC scored 24 on BH and you say that...Talk about getting delusional in your wins.  We will always pull for our District's teams, but not you...Give us a break.

I hear ya Ragarm, but as tough as BH is, Vidor is a superior team. It would be cool to see two sneaky option teams match up.

As for delusional over wins, d proof is in the puddin.  BH's sneaky option is nowhere near as effective as Vidor's. You have a point that SC only scored 24 on BH, but the flip side is BH only scored 11 on SC to Vidor's 27.

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1336150" timestamp="1353258959"]
I hear ya Ragarm, but as tough as BH is, Vidor is a superior team. It would be cool to see two sneaky option teams match up.

As for delusional over wins, d proof is in the puddin.  BH's sneaky option is nowhere near as effective as Vidor's. You have a point that SC only scored 24 on BH, but the flip side is BH only scored 11 on SC to Vidor's 27.
[/quote]

Our starting QB was out against y'all....he was MVP in 19-4a last year in case you forgot...

How good would Vidor have been with their 3rd string QB?

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1336143" timestamp="1353258432"]
[quote author=dme1111 link=topic=106448.msg1336121#msg1336121 date=1353257195]
DemDogs... While I do believe SC is a real threat to state I believe you are underestimating Nederland.  They Could roll any of the teams you've named and did 2 of them.  I have a ton of respect for Vidor but cmon man... Give the ORIGINAL Dogs some love!!!!
[/quote]

I hear ya dude. No disrespect intended, but I gotta question a team that only beats Vidor by 6.  The new Dawgs hung 51 points on Vidor.  I know my analysis is like the BCS, but most times it proves out.
[/quote]
Our offense is improving every week.  Our Defense is our strong suit.  I believe our D can hang with anyone.  When we lose it will be due to our offense's inability to consistently produce. Another issue is our coaching staffs refusal to blow people out.  Nederland will throttle back after a decent lead is obtained.. I believe you should run full force and show now mercy... That is what the great teams do.  you never stop.

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1336143" timestamp="1353258432"]
[quote author=dme1111 link=topic=106448.msg1336121#msg1336121 date=1353257195]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Well you did not play them in Vidor, you did not play a pissed off team due to some stupid kids painting VHS and framed nederland. They thought we did it so the whole town was after our heads. And they had the revenge factor from us beating them last year. Playing an extremely emotional district game on the road is tougher than having basically homefield advantage and playing a team that wants to go to the next round.

[quote name="ragarm55" post="1336145" timestamp="1353258517"]
[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=106448.msg1336102#msg1336102 date=1353255962]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=106448.msg1335997#msg1335997 date=1353248625]
[/quote]

[/quote]SC scored 24 on BH and you say that...Talk about getting delusional in your wins.  We will always pull for our District's teams, but not you...Give us a break.
[/quote]

We are rooting for BH, great win on Friday.....!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder