Summer Creek vs. Georgetown

BHFAN

Looking at more video of both teams.....looks like a clash of the titans kinda of game.

Georgetown is loaded with experience and seems to be well-coached while SC is strong, fast, and has a Left-Hand Vince Young type of athlete (who is only soph??).

This game could really go either way...I was leaning toward GT earlier .....but....Wow!!!!  Might be one of the best matchups this next weekend!!!

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="thedogs1987" post="1336711" timestamp="1353290784"]
Looking at more video of both teams.....looks like a clash of the titans kinda of game.

Georgetown is loaded with experience and seems to be well-coached while SC is strong, fast, and has a Left-Hand Vince Young type of athlete (who is only soph??).

This game could really go either way...I was leaning toward GT earlier .....but....Wow!!!!  Might be one of the best matchups this next weekend!!!
[/quote]

Our Qb is not a Vince Young, he's not a running QB, he's a QB that can run if he has to....He has way more poise in the pocket than Vince Young, besides Vince Young side arms the ball ::)

lol, anyway with all that being said, yes this match up should be a good one.....

[quote name="thedogs1987" post="1336757" timestamp="1353292548"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=106448.msg1336756#msg1336756 date=1353292471]
[quote author=thedogs1987 link=topic=106448.msg1336755#msg1336755 date=1353292450]
Is he a sophomore?
[/quote]
No. Junior.
[/quote]

Wow, SC gets him back next season.....he's outstanding athlete.

Will be a good matchup vs GT defense.
[/quote]

Georgetown has a good qB as well

this we'll be a good game and will be a great match up .. Gtown runs a spread offense and SC's defense if a run stop team first but we work with the spread well its right at home for us  :D but our safeties will have to step it up because there were times where there were minor mistakes that were capitalized into a touchdown or a big gain .. but it should be a good game and a close one

[quote name="badndn" post="1336893" timestamp="1353327842"]
Summer Creeks first real test. The battle of "No Respect" teams. Neither got much love throughout the season from pollsters. GT played in the shadows of Leander, Cedar Park and even LT all year. I got GT in this one. I think they played the tougher schedule.
[/quote]
i fail to agree that this is summer creeks first "test" .. coming into 19-4a we were considered to be the underdogs that we was going to be testing with our schedule and we passed all 10 of the test including BH and dayton that they said we weren't ready for but we won 45-7 and vidor another test which it was but we won with a pretty decent margin .. now gtown,  not saying this wont be a cakewalk or easy task but ion think its nothing we cant handle

[quote name="SummerCreek4" post="1337122" timestamp="1353350340"]
[quote author=badndn link=topic=106448.msg1336893#msg1336893 date=1353327842]
Summer Creeks first real test. The battle of "No Respect" teams. Neither got much love throughout the season from pollsters. GT played in the shadows of Leander, Cedar Park and even LT all year. I got GT in this one. I think they played the tougher schedule.
[/quote]
i fail to agree that this is summer creeks first "test" .. coming into 19-4a we were considered to be the underdogs that we was going to be testing with our schedule and we passed all 10 of the test including BH and dayton that they said we weren't ready for but we won 45-7 and vidor another test which it was but we won with a pretty decent margin .. now gtown,  not saying this wont be a cakewalk or easy task but ion think its nothing we cant handle
[/quote]I'm pulling for our fellow 19-4a teams but from what Ive seen they have the weapons to go tit for tat with you guys!

[quote name="BellBiz30" post="1337128" timestamp="1353350472"]
[quote author=SummerCreek4 link=topic=106448.msg1337122#msg1337122 date=1353350340]
[/quote]
[/quote]I'm pulling for our fellow 19-4a teams but from what Ive seen they have the weapons to go tit for tat with you guys!
[/quote]
yeah they do but once we get in the QB face he'll crack under pressure .. all the games we've seen he has not been HIT in the mouth by any of the teams they played nobody got hit .. also we run a 3-4 & there used to seeing a 4-3 so that center isnt used to the pressure right in his face play after play .. also their offense revolves around what our defense is made to stop but overall it still should be a good game

This has the makings of an awesome game, SC hasn't been challenged yet. They have what it takes to get the job done. Don't know exactly how this matchup will turnout, have to agree one very good team goes home saying what if, coulda woulda, shoulda. Good luck and may the best team win. Pulling for sc, go DAWGS

[quote name="SummerCreek4" post="1337122" timestamp="1353350340"]
[/quote]
[/quote]
If you consider BH, Dayton and Vidor a test then you are new to the game! Dayton was in dissaray and BH and Vidor are one dimmensional offenses. Granted you scored alot against a pretty good defense in Vidor, but this will be the first legit dual threat offense and tuff defense you have faced.

[quote name="badndn" post="1337153" timestamp="1353351404"]
[quote author=SummerCreek4 link=topic=106448.msg1337122#msg1337122 date=1353350340]
[/quote]
[/quote]
If you consider BH, Dayton and Vidor a test then you are new to the game! Dayton was in dissaray and BH and Vidor are one dimmensional offenses. Granted you scored alot against a pretty good defense in Vidor, but this will be the first legit dual threat offense and tuff defense you have faced.
[/quote]
thats a test for any new team like us .. casue its always a team that someone says is a test then once we win , the NEXT team is a test , THEN win then next is a test .. i just wonder when people will just give credit where its due .. but we'll see how it all plays out .. like i said it should be a good game

[quote name="SummerCreek4" post="1337169" timestamp="1353352080"]
[quote author=badndn link=topic=106448.msg1337153#msg1337153 date=1353351404]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
thats a test for any new team like us .. casue its always a team that someone says is a test then once we win , the NEXT team is a test , THEN win then next is a test .. i just wonder when people will just give credit where its due .. but we'll see how it all plays out .. like i said it should be a good game
[/quote]
Wow. Talk about little man syndrome. Everyone here has given you credit. But we don't expect up to walk all over anyone y'all face. Saying a team is a test is not a lack of respect. Good grief.

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1337185" timestamp="1353352884"]
[quote author=SummerCreek4 link=topic=106448.msg1337169#msg1337169 date=1353352080]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
Wow. Talk about little man syndrome. Everyone here has given you credit. But we don't expect up to walk all over anyone y'all face. Saying a team is a test is not a lack of respect. Good grief.
[/quote]

I absolutely agree with summercreek4, every time we play someone and win, oh SC haven't been tested yet....everybody say we were in a weak district last year, and we were picked to finish 5th, guess what? We won District....we enter a new district and we were picked to finish 2nd, and were told we can't beat BH, Crosby or Dayton...guess what? We won District....they say Vidor would beat us, guess what...Blowout...this game will be a good game against Georgetown, and the best team that day, will win. As long as our SC boys fight a good fight, we will still be proud.....so really, some people don't give credit when credit is due ::)

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1336090" timestamp="1353254917"]
Here's the thing, each week from PN-G to Crosby to BH to the mighty Dayton and last week hard nosed Vidor, SC was told they were in trouble. Each time we came out and over powered the competition with our high powered offense. I'm convinced NO team has seen an offense like SC this year. PN-G, Crosby, Dayton & Vidor are all very proud teams that never imagined it was possible to have 45+ points hung on 'em.  I'm not about to start doubting SC's offense now.

SC's defense is the wild card in this game. They need to have a solid game and keep Georgetown to slow scores.  Our DB's need some picks.  The arm tackles must stop.

I've never seen Georgetown play and I'm really curious to see if they're the another "great team" that's never seen a team of SC's level.
[/quote]

I cannot wait until a team blows out the Mighty Summer Creek Bulldawgs... Rather it will be Pearland Dawson or Nederland. 

[quote name="SummerCreek it is!" post="1337198" timestamp="1353353911"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=106448.msg1337185#msg1337185 date=1353352884]
[quote author=SummerCreek4 link=topic=106448.msg1337169#msg1337169 date=1353352080]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

I absolutely agree with summercreek4, every time we play someone and win, oh SC haven't been tested yet....everybody say we were in a weak district last year, and we were picked to finish 5th, guess what? We won District....we enter a new district and we were picked to finish 2nd, and were told we can't beat BH, Crosby or Dayton...guess what? We won District....they say Vidor would beat us, guess what...Blowout...this game will be a good game against Georgetown, and the best team that day, will win. As long as our SC boys fight a good fight, we will still be proud.....so really, some people don't give credit when credit is due ::)
[/quote]

Bring home a State title.

[quote name="NDNation" post="1337211" timestamp="1353354318"]
[quote author=SummerCreek it is! link=topic=106448.msg1337198#msg1337198 date=1353353911]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=106448.msg1337185#msg1337185 date=1353352884]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Hey, at least we are position to do so :)

[quote name="C O Wilson Bullpups" post="1337205" timestamp="1353354141"]
[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=106448.msg1336090#msg1336090 date=1353254917]
Here's the thing, each week from PN-G to Crosby to BH to the mighty Dayton and last week hard nosed Vidor, SC was told they were in trouble. Each time we came out and over powered the competition with our high powered offense. I'm convinced NO team has seen an offense like SC this year. PN-G, Crosby, Dayton & Vidor are all very proud teams that never imagined it was possible to have 45+ points hung on 'em.  I'm not about to start doubting SC's offense now.

SC's defense is the wild card in this game. They need to have a solid game and keep Georgetown to slow scores.  Our DB's need some picks.  The arm tackles must stop.

I've never seen Georgetown play and I'm really curious to see if they're the another "great team" that's never seen a team of SC's level.
[/quote]

I cannot wait until a team blows out the Mighty Summer Creek Bulldawgs... Rather it will be Pearland Dawson or Nederland.
[/quote]Nederland couldn't score on Sc unless they purposely let them!  ;D ;D

[quote name="SummerCreek it is!" post="1337223" timestamp="1353354781"]
[quote author=NDNation link=topic=106448.msg1337211#msg1337211 date=1353354318]
[quote author=SummerCreek it is! link=topic=106448.msg1337198#msg1337198 date=1353353911]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Hey, at least we are position to do so :)
[/quote]

This is true...but we already have 3...PN-G will be back up and running...you can be sure of that.

We believe is the new saying in Georgetown and it will be the saying next week after they take down the new kids on the block. Alot of video review has help me decide who will win this game. Some decent comp played has GT ready to win this game the weaker district will hurt SC here. I watched Dayton this past weekend in Beaumont and that told me alot about the level of comp in 19-4a no disrespect Dayton fans but it is not your typical Dayton team this season. Nederland on the other hand has a real solid defense and is very physical. This prob will be a tough week for SC.

[quote name="C O Wilson Bullpups" post="1337205" timestamp="1353354141"]
[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=106448.msg1336090#msg1336090 date=1353254917]

[/quote]

[/quote]

And we can't wait until Nederland get the breaks beat off them.....y'all barely beat Dayton, and Vidor.....we waiting to see what the Almighty bull pups will do

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder