Summer Creek vs. Georgetown

BHFAN

All of you make great points and I wasn't aware BH played w/ a 3rd string QB. All of this said, BH's DB's can't hang with SC's receivers.  Also BH is another one dimensional offense.  BH's running backs got stopped by SC in a big way.

As for Vidor and Nederland, no games are as big as the playoffs. Vidor n Nederland seem closely matched and neither can hang with SC's offense.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1336196" timestamp="1353260574"]
All of you make great points and I wasn't aware BH played w/ a 3rd string QB. All of this said, BH's DB's can't hang with SC's receivers.  Also BH is another one dimensional offense.  BH's running backs got stopped by SC in a big way.

As for Vidor and Nederland, no games are as big as the playoffs. Vidor n Nederland seem closely matched and neither can hang with SC's offense.
[/quote]
Nederland's offensive is not as good as SC's, but we are a very balanced team that can score alot of points. It just takes about 4-5 mins to get down the field.

Georgetown seems to be a pass oriented team, with little emphasis on the run(clock control?, I saw one run play to a back up the middle, that got about 4 yards). After looking up some videos on Georgetown (thanks Youtube), They line up 4 receivers (and on one play, I counted 6 receivers!!!!!), and go for medium to long passes on the sideline. I didn't seem much pass action in the middle/across the field. It looks like the favorite receiver for the Georgetown QB is #8 on the right side. All of their receivers are fast, and try to get open quickly, thereby giving the QB multiple options to throw to, and a short amount of time. I only saw the QB scramble once in the videos.

The Georgetown QB is right handed, so he tends to take the snap, step back into the pocket, and turn towards the right.(hence favoring the right side receiver.) He can also throw to the left, but throws much more to the right side. Looks like their offensive line keeps the pocket from collapsing long enough for the QB to see the receivers, and get the pass off. The offensive line steps back one or two steps on the snap, to create the pocket, drawing the defense into a circle around the QB, and tying them up there.

As for the Georgetown Defense, I could not find much video on them. It looks like the focus is on offense(The pass).

[quote name="ram0524" post="1336223" timestamp="1353261956"]
[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=106448.msg1336196#msg1336196 date=1353260574]

[/quote]
Nederland's offensive is not as good as SC's, but we are a very balanced team that can score alot of points. It just takes about 4-5 mins to get down the field.
[/quote]

A slow scoring team just like Vidor.  If SC rolls up a few TD's this spells trouble for Nederland.

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1335999" timestamp="1353248711"]
Georgetown in a blowout. Sc won't be able to rely on there speed this week and Georgetown won't make mistakes like Vidor did.

Georgetown by 21+
[/quote]

No one in this region will blow out SC, forget about that happening

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1336245" timestamp="1353262994"]
[quote author=ram0524 link=topic=106448.msg1336223#msg1336223 date=1353261956]
[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=106448.msg1336196#msg1336196 date=1353260574]

[/quote]
[/quote]

A slow scoring team just like Vidor.  If SC rolls up a few TD's this spells trouble for Nederland.
[/quote]
Nederland has had many drives where they just drive it down the field in less than a minute. Just our play calling is for power run. If we get down we will start throwing and score quickly either by throwing it down field or Carson running it.

This is the game right here SC might get to quiet all the naysayers. Playing a school that just dropped down from 5a at realignment this year and could be going back next. Going to be the first time all year SC doesn't have a size and speed advantage. If SC goes out here and executes and wins comfortably I think they have to be the favorite to win the region. I believe this year's version of Dawson has too many holes, if you can manage to stop their power run game their offense is seems to lack a second act this year so I would take SC in that one if they could get past Ned. Georgetown can throw it around just like SC so it going to be interesting to see what the mirror holds. I'll take SC by 10 though, banking on Georgetown's 10-0 being a little weaker.

Found a better video on Georgetown, with more on their defense:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cA23KGugb_c&NR=1&feature=endscreen

Georgetown defense seems to be good against the run, and ok against the short pass. Their DBs seem to be a little slow, and can't seem to jump well for a high pass. They MAY have a weakness for the long pass(cross route/wheel route), or a medium Hook pass across the middle. I would be hesitant to throw screen passes.

Good points Cougar14. I'm really not worried about Nederland though. That game has blow out written all over it.

SC really hasn't seen any power runners and I'm not crazy about our defense.  They're susceptible to runs up d middle and off tackle. Our game is to score a lot n force teams to abandon their game plans.  I haven't seen many sacks from our Defense either.

[quote name="Summercreek dad" post="1336269" timestamp="1353264024"]

Georgetown defense seems to be good against the run, and ok against the short pass. Their DBs seem to be a little slow, and can't seem to jump well for a high pass. They MAY have a weakness for the long pass, or a medium pass across the middle.
[/quote]

Which team is Gtown?  Both teams look like they're in slow motion.

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1336272" timestamp="1353264201"]
Good points Cougar14. I'm really not worried about Nederland though. That game has blow out written all over it.

SC really hasn't seen any power runners and I'm not crazy about our defense.  They're susceptible to runs up d middle and off tackle. Our game is to score a lot n force teams to abandon their game plans.  I haven't seen many sacks from our Defense either.
[/quote]

You are right. I saw the same thing all season. Sc is weak against runs up the middle, and off tackle. The defense is good for putting presure on a passing QB, but not many sacks all year long.

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1336278" timestamp="1353264513"]
[quote author=Summercreek dad link=topic=106448.msg1336269#msg1336269 date=1353264024]

Georgetown defense seems to be good against the run, and ok against the short pass. Their DBs seem to be a little slow, and can't seem to jump well for a high pass. They MAY have a weakness for the long pass, or a medium pass across the middle.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Gtown is in blue and white

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1336278" timestamp="1353264513"]
[quote author=Summercreek dad link=topic=106448.msg1336269#msg1336269 date=1353264024]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Georgetown is the blue team.

SC plays the spread to prefection with one of the best HS QB I have ever seen.  If not for dropped passes, he would have completed every pass.  Throws a frozen rope with a beautiful deep ball.  Tall fast receivers.  If they only had an above average RB, they would be unstoppable!  Their run D was shaky but stout.  This game should be an awesome shootout.  Wish I was closer to CS to watch it. 

[quote name="Curelover32" post="1336309" timestamp="1353266145"]
SC plays the spread to prefection with one of the best HS QB I have ever seen.  If not for dropped passes, he would have completed every pass.  Throws a frozen rope with a beautiful deep ball.  Tall fast receivers.  If they only had an above average RB, they would be unstoppable!  Their run D was shaky but stout.  This game should be an awesome shootout.  Wish I was closer to CS to watch it.
[/quote]

SC does have an above running game, but Vidor didn't see it. SC chose to throw most of the game. SC has three good backs, all of which have over 500 yards on relatively few carries. KeeVon Aldridge is easily the most physical runner in our district.

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1336323" timestamp="1353266651"]
[quote author=Curelover32 link=topic=106448.msg1336309#msg1336309 date=1353266145]
[/quote]

SC does have an above running game, but Vidor didn't see it. SC chose to throw most of the game. SC has three good backs, all of which have over 500 yards on relatively few carries. KeeVon Aldridge is easily the most physical runner in our district.
[/quote]
Believe me. Coach Ford would have loved being able to run more Friday. O line gotta pick it up.

[quote author=Curelover32 link=topic=106448.msg1336309#msg1336309 date=1353266145]
[/quote]

[/quote]

We are going to have to use every tool we have against Georgetown. We will definitely need our run game, and our pass game better be flawless. Gtown seems strong against the run, and their D backs look good against the pass on the sideline.

"SC does have an above running game, but Vidor didn't see it. SC chose to throw most of the game. SC has three good backs, all of which have over 500 yards on relatively few carries. KeeVon Aldridge is easily the most physical runner in our district. "

SC has a decent run game, but it is not as evolved as the pass game. We will need a outstanding defense against Gtown. If we can keep Gtown to low scores, and use both the run and the pass, then we will have a chance. A one dimensional team (pass only, run only) will lose against Gtown.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Keevon Aldridge is the best RB in our district, unfortunately our O line are first year Varsity players. They should be a lot more stronger next year, and have a year of experience under their belt

[quote name="Summercreek dad" post="1336352" timestamp="1353268050"]
[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=106448.msg1336323#msg1336323 date=1353266651]
[/quote]

[/quote]

We are going to have to use every tool we have against Georgetown. We will definitely need our run game, and our pass game better be flawless. Gtown seems strong against the run, and their D backs look good against the pass on the sideline.
[/quote]

I agree, we need the run game, and if our Oline come to play, we can definitely run on this team just from looking at film. They don't stack a lot in the box

[quote name="SummerCreek it is!" post="1336368" timestamp="1353268923"]
[quote author=Summercreek dad link=topic=106448.msg1336352#msg1336352 date=1353268050]
[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=106448.msg1336323#msg1336323 date=1353266651]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I agree, we need the run game, and if our Oline come to play, we can definitely run on this team just from looking at film. They don't stack a lot in the box
[/quote]

If our oline shows, and give Sharpe enough time in the backfield, the options will become unlimited for SC.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder