Summer Creek vs. Georgetown

BHFAN

Georgetown is a solid football team, but their slow.  This plays into SC favor. 

ill be making the drive up to watch this "awesome" SC team that could pass all over any of the top Region III 5a teams.    My Tigers play friday, ontop of that i will get a double header with a Dawson and Stratford game. 

Ive watched a lot of football over the last 45 years, and i can tell you that the only team built to win a state title this year in 4a R3 DI is Dawson.  I guess i will be able to revise that once i see SC again (Saw them play dayton)

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1337912" timestamp="1353429855"]
[quote author=Eagle11 link=topic=106448.msg1337907#msg1337907 date=1353429181]
[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=106448.msg1336667#msg1336667 date=1353289022]
BH's RB???!!!!  Really???!!!  You can't be serious. W/o the sneaky option, none of BH's RB's pose a threat.  Their offense is like running a trick play each down. It makes even marginal backs look good. Just look at Vidor.  If it were not for deception, that team isn't running on anyone.
[/quote]
This has nothing to do with SC vs Georgetown but........this is about the stupidest quote I have ever read. Is a quarterback only good if he drops back and passes on a 5 step drop? Play action would be deceptive and that makes even marginal QB's look good. Deception and dealing with it are part of the game........heck, we ought to throw any stats for a running back that played in the wishbone out of the books.........he isn't any good.....it was smoke and mirrors.

Reminds me of obama's "you didn't build that" flub
[/quote]

I stand by my quote.  I don't see any player on BH or Vidor being able to line up in a traditional pro set and rack up yards.  The occasional play action does help a QB, but also takes advantage of an over blitzing defense.  Why don't most major college programs or pro teams run this style of offense?  Vidor had 5 -10 yard head starts on SC's linebackers and couldn't out run them.  Dakota Allen's highlight reel shows him repeatly running down Vidor's backs.  Without the deception, those guys wouldn't get anywhere running behind a fullback.
[/quote]

I totally agree. Vidor's RBs were run down all night long against SC. I think if Vidor had the wishbone in their bag of tricks, they could be a bigger force.(since they already use deception.) Vidor's biggest problem is still the lack of a pass game.

One last observation about Justin in the Crosby game, he made TWO game changing plays. The first was an interception in the endzone. The 2nd was a huge tackle that stopped one of the twins on 4th n short when Crosby was driving deep on our side of the field. Coach Ford gave a lot of praise to Justin in an interview after the game.

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1337940" timestamp="1353432595"]
One last observation about Justin in the Crosby game, he made TWO game changing plays. The first was an interception in the endzone. The 2nd was a huge tackle that stopped one of the twins on 4th n short when Crosby was driving deep on our side of the field. Coach Ford gave a lot of praise to Justin in an interview after the game.
[/quote]

I remember that play against Crosby, when he stopped the twin, but I'm talking about pass plays, even in 7 on 7 in the summer, they threw to his side a lot, because they were able to. He's not a bad kid at all, what I'm saying its someone need to tell him to be more aggressive at the corner position, and stop just going through the motions.....if he can work his ball skills out there in the game, he will be a good corner

Yeah, agreed.  Except I'm pretty sure he didn't take 7-on-7 seriously, but should have.

Crosby would be one of the only teams this year that tried to throw on his side.  And I still feel a lot of those catches we OLB's responsibility.  I think BH did the same thing with the passing game in the flat...can't remember. 

He used to be a receiver during his first year on JV and seems to still have an offensive mind set more than a defensive attitude.  Keithron is my man.  He's got a lot of fight in him and isn't pushed around.  He tends to get under the opposing receivers' skin.  I really miss Najee at safety.  That guy was a killer on the field.

Off the subject, are you as amazed as I am that SC is as good as they are this year?  I sorta expected a drop off after losing our senior players last year.  They guys not only didn't miss a beat, they're MUCH BETTER.  I'm expecting a decline in play next year after guys like Greg Hogan, Keevon, and others head to college.  I wish I could have seen more of the JV games to get a since of our depth.  There's surprisingly a lot of Juniors on this year's team (obviously some key ones like Aaron, Dakota, Jordan, and Torrey), but I'll be real curious to see if the 20123-2014 team is as unstoppable as we are this year.

[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=106448.msg1338023#msg1338023 date=1353439000]
Yeah, agreed.  Except I'm pretty sure he didn't take 7-on-7 seriously, but should have.

Crosby would be one of the only teams this year that tried to throw on his side.  And I still feel a lot of those catches we OLB's responsibility.  I think BH did the same thing with the passing game in the flat...can't remember. 

He used to be a receiver during his first year on JV and seems to still have an offensive mind set more than a defensive attitude.  Keithron is my man.  He's got a lot of fight in him and isn't pushed around.  He tends to get under the opposing receivers' skin.  I really miss Najee at safety.  That guy was a killer on the field.

Off the subject, are you as amazed as I am that SC is as good as they are this year?  I sorta expected a drop off after losing our senior players last year.  They guys not only didn't miss a beat, they're MUCH BETTER.  I'm expecting a decline in play next year after guys like Greg Hogan, Keevon, and others head to college.  I wish I could have seen more of the JV games to get a since of our depth.  There's surprisingly a lot of Juniors on this year's team (obviously some key ones like Aaron, Dakota, Jordan, and Torrey), but I'll be real curious to see if the 2013-2014 team is as unstoppable as we are this year.

[quote name="TIGERATTACK" post="1337927" timestamp="1353431305"]
Georgetown is a solid football team, but their slow.  This plays into SC favor. 

ill be making the drive up to watch this "awesome" SC team that could pass all over any of the top Region III 5a teams.    My Tigers play friday, ontop of that i will get a double header with a Dawson and Stratford game. 

Ive watched a lot of football over the last 45 years, and i can tell you that the only team built to win a state title this year in 4a R3 DI is Dawson.  I guess i will be able to revise that once i see SC again (Saw them play dayton)
[/quote]

Yep. We sure can pass in 5a, especially if you give us Katy lineman ;)

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1338023" timestamp="1353439000"]

Off the subject, are you as amazed as I am that SC is as good as they are this year?  I sorta expected a drop off after losing our senior players last year.  They guys not only didn't miss a beat, they're MUCH BETTER.  I'm expecting a decline in play next year after guys like Greg Hogan, Keevon, and others head to college.  I wish I could have seen more of the JV games to get a since of our depth.  There's surprisingly a lot of Juniors on this year's team (obviously some key ones like Aaron, Dakota, Jordan, and Torrey), but I'll be real curious to see if the 20123-2014 team is as unstoppable as we are this year.
[/quote]

Our seniors This year are wayyyyyy better than last years seniors.....we will still have a solid team next year. We will have to develop  a couple more wrs, and find another back to help Jordan Braden....and I know we have no problem doing that

Been watching high school playoffs for a long time. SC this year with those receivers are going far. Can't see any team stopping them. They threw a slant for a TD on us with four guys there. He threaded the needle.
Their D is stout but not sure about secondary. Your not going to run on them all night. I am picking them for state. GT is just a hump. They kill them.

[quote name="BHjustwin" post="1339160" timestamp="1353629234"]
Been watching high school playoffs for a long time. SC this year with those receivers are going far. Can't see any team stopping them. They threw a slant for a TD on us with four guys there. He threaded the needle.
Their D is stout but not sure about secondary. [b]Your not going to run on them all night[/b]. I am picking them for state. GT is just a hump. They kill them.
[/quote]
Vidor nearly had 500 yards rushing.

[quote name="ram0524" post="1339226" timestamp="1353635325"]
[quote author=BHjustwin link=topic=106448.msg1339160#msg1339160 date=1353629234]
Their D is stout but not sure about secondary. [b]Your not going to run on them all night[/b]. I am picking them for state. GT is just a hump. They kill them.
[/quote]
Vidor nearly had 500 yards rushing.
[/quote]
We faced a offensive running attack that we have never seen and it showed. Vidor faced a passing attack like they've never seen and it showed. Bottom line is we advance.

If Vidor had some real speed in the backfield, they could have made things more interesting. Any time Vidor broke one SC would chase them down.  Vidor couldn't seem to move the ball when the field shortened.  Most of their yards came in the middle of the field. 

Although SC defense has done a solid job, they're sort of a "no name" defense. No one has shined to star level yet.

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1339234" timestamp="1353637396"]
If Vidor had some real speed in the backfield, they could have made things more interesting. Any time Vidor broke one SC would chase them down.  Vidor couldn't seem to move the ball when the field shortened.  Most of their yards came in the middle of the field. 

Although SC defense has done a solid job, they're sort of a "no name" defense. No one has shined to star level yet.
[/quote]

So if they struggled with the Slot T what are they going to do with a modified version of a Wing T with two 1,200 yard backs in the backfield with a passing game?  Will the SC D struggle there?

[quote name="Bulldogs2011" post="1339274" timestamp="1353644225"]
[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=106448.msg1339234#msg1339234 date=1353637396]

[/quote]

So if they struggled with the Slot T what are they going to do with a modified version of a Wing T with two 1,200 yard backs in the backfield with a passing game?  Will the SC D struggle there?
[/quote]
Sounds very familiar to me....Are you maybe referring to the team that I think you are.?.?. Would one of those backs have ~17, and the other ~14 TD's so far this season?  ::) LOL

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1339234" timestamp="1353637396"]

Although SC defense has done a solid job, they're sort of a "no name" defense. [b]No one has shined to star level yet.[/b]
[/quote]

We have a good group of Dline and LBs......Mark Domio has shined along with Josh Williams, Dakota Allen and Wallace Jackson who is an absolute stud when he's focused....remember our Josh Williams was predicted to get 1st or 2nd team All state  this year according to Texas HSF....but i understand what you are saying, there is no big name, but that front 7 or 8 shines..

[quote name="Bulldogs2011" post="1339274" timestamp="1353644225"]
[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=106448.msg1339234#msg1339234 date=1353637396]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah, we could struggle and might give up 21 points. Unfortunately for the opponent we will have hung 50 on d scoreboard.

That linebacker for y'all #44 has shined and will be all district at least. Also if Vidor confused the D then the game film wasn't studied well enough because SC has the athletes. Coach should have changed some stuff up. Maybe different stunts but by the score I don't think he was worried about Vidor getting some yards. Bend don't break. And pour it on them with the O.

[quote name="BHjustwin" post="1339651" timestamp="1353712053"]
That linebacker for y'all #44 has shined and will be all district at least. Also if Vidor confused the D then the game film wasn't studied well enough because SC has the athletes. Coach should have changed some stuff up. Maybe different stunts but by the score I don't think he was worried about Vidor getting some yards. Bend don't break. And pour it on them with the O.
[/quote]

Agree, that #44 is Mark Domio

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder