WOS vs West Columbia

monknuk

Since we kinda got off topic and was talking defense (sorry moderator) I did a little bit of research as far as two of the top defenses in the state this season...first of all Navasota has played 6 teams who have scored a total of over 300 points on the season. Of course, they are 6-0 and won by an average score of 48-9. WOS has played 2 teams that averaged over 300 points (Jasper and Silsbee), they won both of those games by an average score of 22-10. Interesting to note that of all those teams only Silsbee (423 points); Coldspring, and Jasper (both with 463) have scored over 400.

Navasota met only 1 school with less than 200 points scored, while WOS faced 4. I'll try to investigate LaMarque when I can.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Txdragon" post="1338994" timestamp="1353603636"]
Since we kinda got off topic and was talking defense (sorry moderator) I did a little bit of research as far as two of the top defenses in the state this season...first of all Navasota has played 6 teams who have scored a total of over 300 points on the season. Of course, they are 6-0 and won by an average score of 48-9. WOS has played 2 teams that averaged over 300 points (Jasper and Silsbee), they won both of those games by an average score of 22-10. Interesting to note that of all those teams only Silsbee (423 points); Coldspring, and Jasper (both with 463) have scored over 400.

Navasota met only 1 school with less than 200 points scored, while WOS faced 4. I'll try to investigate LaMarque when I can.
[/quote]

La marque is comfortably sitting in the top 5 defenses in 3a. This season alone they have only allowed 95 points to be scored in 11 games, and has only allowed 7 points in the last 6 of those games. Offense isnt doing too bad either when you consider every skilled position has had new faces this year... They have put up 393 pts in 11 games. Maybe not as great as Navasoto or WOS but decent enough to be a threat if given a chance.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder