To WO-S players, coaches and fans, Silsbee apologizes

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="77" post="1322823" timestamp="1352314522"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=105882.msg1322737#msg1322737 date=1352308686]
[quote author=C O Wilson Bullpups link=topic=105882.msg1322731#msg1322731 date=1352308462]
Does the Middle schools play there too? If so I can see why it gets in bad shape at the end of the season.
[/quote]

All Silsbee ISD games are played at Tiger Stadium. Varsity, JV, freshmen, 8th A and B, 7th A and B.
[/quote]Thats way to many games on the same field. The most cost effective thing would be to build a small stadium for under classmen! jmo
[/quote]

Almost every 3a and under school plays every game on the same field for all levels. Only ones who dont are when the jr high plays on the old high school fields once a new school is built

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="MrUmp1" post="1322837" timestamp="1352315463"]
I would think anyone named Farmer Fran could bring their John Deer Tractor over and do a good disc job after the season.  ;)
[/quote] ;D ;D

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1322727" timestamp="1352308185"]
REAL football is to be played on grass.  Classic football is to be played in the conditions...  That includes mud as well.  What do you think teams did before there was turf?
[/quote]

+1!!!

Guest donniebarnwell
No reason why more schools down this way dont have turf..thats one thing i havent figured out..8 out of 10 schools in the DFW and Tyler Longview area have turf...thats including 1A,2A, and 3A schools.

[quote name="Bobcatfan4life" post="1323106" timestamp="1352335233"]
Isn't the old Tiger Stadium still standing? If there are major field issues why doesn't the middle school play their games at the old place?
[/quote]

Haven't been by there in a while but don't think there are any visitor stands and very little on the home stand.

[quote name="Bobcatfan4life" post="1323106" timestamp="1352335233"]
Isn't the old Tiger Stadium still standing? If there are major field issues why doesn't the middle school play their games at the old place?
[/quote]

Kirby Memorial Stadium is basically still there but they have replaced the bleachers with much smaller bleachers, may could hold about 300 max. It is used for the youth football league.

Also they have taken down the lights there.

[quote name="donniebarnwell" post="1323117" timestamp="1352335731"]
No reason why more schools down this way dont have turf..thats one thing i havent figured out..8 out of 10 schools in the DFW and Tyler Longview area have turf...thats including 1A,2A, and 3A schools.
[/quote]
Most of our schools down here don't have the the tax base to reasonably afford a million dollar turf

Guest donniebarnwell
[quote name="mat" post="1323165" timestamp="1352341974"]
[quote author=donniebarnwell link=topic=105882.msg1323117#msg1323117 date=1352335731]
[/quote]
Most of our schools down here don't have the the tax base to reasonably afford a million dollar turf
[/quote]
I think it has more to do with schools up that way being willing to do whatever it takes to get first class facilities...u would be surprised how many schools up that way have not only turf fields but also indoor facility...u have to bite the bullet and keep up with the Jones if u want to compete these days...it's called "buying wins"

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1322727" timestamp="1352308185"]
REAL football is to be played on grass.  Classic football is to be played in the conditions...  That includes mud as well.  [b]What do you think teams did before there was turf? [/b]
[/quote]

They played without turf toe, turf burns, less sprained ankles, torn ACL's, tendon fatigue..................

Okay, I was on that field two weeks ago and its just fine, no its not turf but compared to what we all played on its great! I guess you never stepped foot on Kirby Stadium field you talk about rough. TURF NO! repairing our elementary and junior high campus' that are falling down around our kids YES! You cant find a bigger football fan but that field is a last resort on what Silsbee ISD needs to worry about.

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="football2010" post="1323257" timestamp="1352362917"]
Okay, I was on that field two weeks ago and its just fine, no its not turf but compared to what we all played on its great! I guess you never stepped foot on [b]Kirby Stadium field you talk about rough[/b]. TURF NO! repairing our elementary and junior high campus' that are falling down around our kids YES! You cant find a bigger football fan but that field is a last resort on what Silsbee ISD needs to worry about.
[/quote]

When Silsbee played at old Kirby Memorial, it was was one the best fields to play on, back in the day.

[quote name="bigdog" post="1323342" timestamp="1352384273"]
I have access to a disk setup that will pull behind a cart or a 4-wheeler.  If someone wants me to I could bring it over after the season.  I only charge $25  a yard.  :)
[/quote]

PNG wants to know how much you'll charge them  ;)

[quote name="Txdragon" post="1323359" timestamp="1352385589"]
[quote author=bigdog link=topic=105882.msg1323342#msg1323342 date=1352384273]
I have access to a disk setup that will pull behind a cart or a 4-wheeler.  If someone wants me to I could bring it over after the season.  I only charge $25  a yard.  :)
[/quote]

PNG wants to know how much you'll charge them  ;)
[/quote]

For PNG, it goes up to $150 a yard. ;)

[quote name="Gasilla" post="1323854" timestamp="1352413718"]
It's pretty rough...but it is what it is. We both gotta play on it.
[/quote]

I told you.

Gas I figured you would make it out on the field tonight and was hoping you would give an honest assessment on the condition.

It's terrible from the 20 to 20 and in between the hashes.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder