Nederland baseball

dogbite

[quote name="scapegoat" post="1364796" timestamp="1358545585"]
I am sure Dylan will not find a baseball coach and community that is more forgiving than Nederland.One family took a gamble that most people would not dream of to help the kid turn his life around.So forgive me for feeling like he owes Ned.gratitude.As for as investment,it would not be fair to compete against someone who you made a little bit better than he was when he came to your program.He knows most of Nederlands hitters strengths and weaknesses.He also knows the teams tendencies and game plans.It would not be right to pass that information to a team in the same district as Nederland.It would sure make it easy for him to pitch against Ned.I hope Dylan lands on his feet and has a great story to tell later in his life of how he turned things around.Good Luck and Lets Play Ball!
[/quote]

Are you serious?  Wouldn't be fair?  Most of these kids play with and against each other in the summer and fall. Therefore, most of the players in this area know each other strengths and weaknesses. Nederland chomped at the bit when they had an opportunity to get him. Not for a chance to turn a kids life around, but because of the player he was. Don't try to take credit for him being a great ballplayer, he already was before he arrived in Nederland. With your theory, I guess Josh Hamilton shouldn't be allowed to play baseball this year. It's not fair that he knows the Rangers pitching strengths and weaknesses, as well as their tendencies. Plus he owes everything to them, since they took a chance on him right?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Free agency and sanctioned sports two different situations.Same reason the Honey Badger for LSU was not released to a team they would play.Quit acting like he was a huge benefit for Nederland.All he really did was help them win a District championship his soph. year.Ned.would have probably done that with out his help.He had health problems during the play-offs and did not participate.Since then he has been nothing but a distraction for the program.Hope everyone writes us off this year because we do not have him.I think this group will respond well to being a underdog.

[quote name="rounder17" post="1364897" timestamp="1358558984"]
[quote author=XDOG link=topic=105768.msg1364893#msg1364893 date=1358558602]
Duplant vs Guidry is gonna be a battle!
[/quote]

Definitely be a game worth watching.
[/quote]

Had a Babe Ruth game this summer where Guidry threw against Duplant and Norris from Westbrook. 7 inning game with 35 K's total!! It was ridiculous!!

All I can say is don't get ahead of yourself, if it happens it happens. Gotta be on the team first and stay there before we can have a matchup. If it does happen it'll be a treat. Plenty of time before anyone of us will really know.

Rake1

[quote name="rounder17" post="1364887" timestamp="1358557422"]
[quote author=scapegoat link=topic=105768.msg1364796#msg1364796 date=1358545585]
I am sure Dylan will not find a baseball coach and community that is more forgiving than Nederland.One family took a gamble that most people would not dream of to help the kid turn his life around.So forgive me for feeling like he owes Ned.gratitude.As for as investment,it would not be fair to compete against someone who you made a little bit better than he was when he came to your program.He knows most of Nederlands hitters strengths and weaknesses.He also knows the teams tendencies and game plans.It would not be right to pass that information to a team in the same district as Nederland.It would sure make it easy for him to pitch against Ned.I hope Dylan lands on his feet and has a great story to tell later in his life of how he turned things around.Good Luck and Lets Play Ball!
[/quote]

Are you serious?  Wouldn't be fair?  Most of these kids play with and against each other in the summer and fall. Therefore, most of the players in this area know each other strengths and weaknesses. Nederland chomped at the bit when they had an opportunity to get him. Not for a chance to turn a kids life around, but because of the player he was. Don't try to take credit for him being a great ballplayer, he already was before he arrived in Nederland. With your theory, I guess Josh Hamilton shouldn't be allowed to play baseball this year. It's not fair that he knows the Rangers pitching strengths and weaknesses, as well as their tendencies. Plus he owes everything to them, since they took a chance on him right?
[/quote]

AND.........Nederland is going to miss that all around natural player, a lot more than they think..... ;)  Good Luck to you Duplant.....Hope you have a successful Senior year.....

Bitter by no means,tired of rounder trying to make him a victim yes.Allowing a kid to go down the road to turn his life around is the right thing to do but not to someone you have to play.This has been tried and did not work.Dylan has messed up three big times that I know of.In most baseball circles that means you are "out". He did not lose respect of his team mates until his last incident.Winning is not everything.Getting rid of someone in your program that is not doing the right things to open up a spot for a kid that is working hard and doing the right things is a good life lesson!   

[quote name="scapegoat" post="1365127" timestamp="1358615889"]
Bitter by no means,tired of rounder trying to make him a victim yes.Allowing a kid to go down the road to turn his life around is the right thing to do but not to someone you have to play.This has been tried and did not work.Dylan has messed up three big times that I know of.In most baseball circles that means you are "out". He did not lose respect of his team mates until his last incident.Winning is not everything.Getting rid of someone in your program that is not doing the right things to open up a spot for a kid that is working hard and doing the right things is a good life lesson! 
[/quote]

Wow!  I think your confused. What am I making him the victim of? "Not to someone you have to play". So it's ok, unless you have to play against him, and in that case it's not ok?  Either it's ok, or it's not ok. I could be wrong, but it sounds like your scared to have to play against him.

This is a thread about Nederland Baseball.  Let's keep it that way.  Piling on a kid or using a kid as a pawn to get back at other members isn't right.  Take the high road.  If Duplant leaving Nederland is a good thing in your opinion, keep it to yourself and wish him well.  Regardless, he is still a young man, trying to figure out the path to take in his life.  He took a year off, paid his dues.  Let him go on with his life.  Let's get back to Nederland baseball.

Having said that, Nederland will be just fine this year.  If they miss the playoffs, it won't be because an absence of Duplant.  My prediction is they make the playoffs.

Rounder your words were Robbins would be chicken@##$% if he did not sign the release.If he dose not sign the release the kid is somehow mistreated.How is that not being a victim ? Rumor is he will sign the release. I do hope he turns his life around.Everybody likes a good come back.Rounder you are like fighting with a pig.You enjoy it and I am getting muddy!Please let this go and lets play ball!p.s.I do feel like you owe Robbins a apology. Bmtball he also did something bad this past week.How does he pay for that?I guess if you have talent you get a lot more chances.Hope he goes to HJ and then the majors and has a great story of how he turned his life around. 

[quote name="RR8" post="1364739" timestamp="1358535235"]
So how many chances should one get before they deal with the consequences? Wow!!!
[/quote]

Sounds like it depends. If you are moving TO Nederland then you get as many as you need. If you are moving FROM Nederland then it's time to "deal with the consequences".

Glad you're home dup. Go proof all the haters wrong.

[quote name="scapegoat" post="1365259" timestamp="1358650221"]
[b]Bmtball he also did something bad this past week.[/b]How does he pay for that?I guess if you have talent you get a lot more chances.Hope he goes to HJ and then the majors and has a great story of how he turned his life around.
[/quote]

You have no idea what you're talking about and apparently just enjoy spreading rumors. He did nothing 'bad' last week, believe me, I would know. It's time for you to back off of this kid.

[quote name="Eagle Eye" post="1365301" timestamp="1358658842"]
[quote author=scapegoat link=topic=105768.msg1365259#msg1365259 date=1358650221]
[b]Bmtball he also did something bad this past week.[/b]How does he pay for that?I guess if you have talent you get a lot more chances.Hope he goes to HJ and then the majors and has a great story of how he turned his life around.
[/quote]

You have no idea what you're talking about and apparently just enjoy spreading rumors. He did nothing 'bad' last week, believe me, I would know. It's time for you to back off of this kid.
[/quote]

You seem so sure......

this thread is way off topic.

Nederland baseball doesn't need these distractions this season.

Let's focus on the team that is there and all of the talent coming up. 

I hear great things about some of the underclassmen and I know that the kids left on varsity will give it their all. 

I do hope for a good season from the Dogs! 

The reason I started posting on this thread is someone attacked Nederlands decision making process.I hate the kid has been brought in so much but how else do you defend the process?Someone just stated that it is ok for Nederland to give chances but no one else.Attacked again.Let me remind you that Nederland does enforce consequences. Nederland banned him from playing varsity baseball last year.If he did not do something recently,why would he be packing up and moving to HJ.I tell you why!Nederland has had enough and figures a fresh start is best for all involved.If you think Nederland did not want him as part of the program why would they have allowed him at school till now?And yes,no one wants to compete against this kid.I have enjoyed watching him play.When he leaves the field, is when the problems have happened.     

[quote name="hawkeye07" post="1365280" timestamp="1358654573"]
[quote author=RR8 link=topic=105768.msg1364739#msg1364739 date=1358535235]
So how many chances should one get before they deal with the consequences? Wow!!!
[/quote]

Sounds like it depends. If you are moving TO Nederland then you get as many as you need. If you are moving FROM Nederland then it's time to "deal with the consequences".

Glad you're home dup. Go proof all the haters wrong.
[/quote]

No hater here. I'm glad he is out of Nederland, believe me. I just think you have to hold people accountable for their actions and not allow them to run from the things they have done wrong. That is how you learn from your mistakes correct? Anyways enough about that, I believe our Nederland baseball program is stacked with talent and will play well this season. Good luck!!!

Good thing a certain Nederland Family took ole boy in,if not for them there would'nt be much of a chance for a baseball career.It would be nice if these players realized they have a great opportunity in life thru baseball & QUIT acting like JACKA***S over stupid stuff.

[quote name="kf89" post="1365570" timestamp="1358803501"]
Good thing a certain Nederland Family took ole boy in,if not for them there would'nt be much of a chance for a baseball career.It would be nice if these players realized they have a great opportunity in life thru baseball & QUIT acting like JACKA***S over stupid stuff.

[/quote]
Now thats funny! You say that as if this kid doesnt have a family... C'mon dude, he throws 90 plus! There has always been a great chance for a baseball career and still is. We have all made a bad decision at one time or another, some of us more than others. Sign the paper and move on...