1. 1. winner is???????

• Vidor
    • LC-M

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Coach Comeaux" post="1318202" timestamp="1351919333"]
I do not think Vidor approaches this game any different... no need in having a let down before play-offs... i would think KATY BAR THE DOOR FULL STEAM AHEAD for The Mighty Vidor Pirates and The Black Pearl!!!
[/quote]
I agree!

One of two ways, play to win or rest some starters.  Last year they played to win against Livingston in the final game, even after they had clinched a play off spot.  A Vidor win put Ozen in the playoffs then.  If Central beats LCM Saturday, then a Vidor win would put Central in the playoffs.
It may depend on the outcome of that game, but I think they play to win anyway. 
A win would give Vidor 9 regular season wins, the most since '64 when they went 10-0 and ended up 12-0-1 in the state semi-finals. 

The Bears always play us tough in their house... I am not sure how the coaches will set up for play next week... I am sure of one thing they will have them prepared and the back ups ready just in case they want to go into Starter Rest mode.... I just don't see Coach wanting to give a game up.... I think if it gets a big lead we will pull starters but if its tight I think he stays on course with the gas mashed to the floor!!! I just do not see him doing anything that would mess up the rhythm of the team the last game of the season....

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1318218" timestamp="1351920045"]
hard to make a prediction cause if LCM wins tomorrow night i think they rest their starters, if they lose tomorrow night they will go full out and who knows what Sezar will do if its his last game on Senior Night. Im holding my prediction for right now.
[/quote]

I don't think so.  If LC-M beats Central, a win against Vidor would put LCM, Vidor, and Livingston in a 3way tie for second place at 5-2 (assuming Livingston beats their last opponent - I think it's PNG).  Therefore, they could possibly end up as the second place team in district, and the number 1 team in the small schools bracket. 
If they lose to Central, though, they will have to beat Vidor and hope for a central loss to send them to the postseason.  Either way, I believe they will approach the game with the same amount of intensity, especially considering that Vidor-LCM is somewhat of a rivalry game to begin with.

[quote name="A Bear's Bear" post="1318598" timestamp="1351962043"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=105658.msg1318218#msg1318218 date=1351920045]
hard to make a prediction cause if LCM wins tomorrow night i think they rest their starters, if they lose tomorrow night they will go full out and who knows what Sezar will do if its his last game on Senior Night. Im holding my prediction for right now.
[/quote]

I don't think so.  If LC-M beats Central, a win against Vidor would put LCM, Vidor, and Livingston in a 3way tie for second place at 5-2 (assuming Livingston beats their last opponent - I think it's PNG).  Therefore, they could possibly end up as the second place team in district, and the number 1 team in the small schools bracket. 
If they lose to Central, though, they will have to beat Vidor and hope for a central loss to send them to the postseason.  Either way, I believe they will approach the game with the same amount of intensity, [b]especially considering that Vidor-LCM is somewhat of a rivalry game to begin with.[/b]
[/quote]
Oh god here it comes....

wait for it.....wait for it............

[quote name="Chris17" post="1319530" timestamp="1352013572"]
[quote author=Boneyard Boys link=topic=105658.msg1319516#msg1319516 date=1352011343]
Vidor plays to win and embarrass the suburb town. Highway 12 - Vidor 42
[/quote] Well yall have embarrassed us in other ways also ;)
[/quote]
That hurt Chris good one though, dont really have a response for that one lol. V-town boy who now lives in Mauriceville here (just wanted to get out of the BIG city life), so at least I dont have far to get to the game. ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    monebi
    Newest Member
    monebi