LIVINGSTON AT VIDOR BROADCAST/Vidor wins 42-21!!

WOSgrad

[quote name="Trocket" post="1318321" timestamp="1351930053"]
[quote author=Boneyard Boys link=topic=105603.msg1318304#msg1318304 date=1351925953]
[quote author=JollyRoger81 link=topic=105603.msg1318301#msg1318301 date=1351925124]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=105603.msg1318216#msg1318216 date=1351919915]
[quote author=pirate68 link=topic=105603.msg1318212#msg1318212 date=1351919738]
Iam not quiet sure why Collins did what he did tonight? A player of his caliber does not need to do that imo. Montana gets talked about alot  on this sight. Sure looked like he was trying to turn this into a look at me game after Montana scored his first touchdown and Collins walked all the way to our sideline beside him holding up the hookem  horns and jawing
[/quote]thats unlike him, i'll see what went on tomorrow night.
[/quote]
A Picture is worth a thousand words...check out the Beaumont Enterprise article/pic...wow!
[/quote]
I have been trying to make this my profile pic for 30 mins but I cant figure it out.  >:(
[/quote]What I saw on this play was a clean hit that the refs at first threw a flag because they thought in was in the end zone before Collins put his hands on him, but wave the flag off when the other ref let him know that he had his hand on him before he cross the goal. Then Collins went over and pat him on the behind to let him know he wasn't trying to hurt him, the fans started booing and he raise his hand with a V. Now I could be wrong because I was not right there, but I'm not going to believe any of you until I see the play on camera myself.
[/quote]

Channel 6 Friday night tailgate party and the Enterprise picture.  UT got a good one. 

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="pirates78" post="1318566" timestamp="1351960226"]
I think we can all agree that this catastrophe could've been avoided if the officials would have used preventative officiating rather than a poor excuse of reactionary officiating. They became spectators of the game.
[/quote]absolutely... These guys were clueless.  Btw they were out of the Houston chapter

[quote name="pirates78" post="1318566" timestamp="1351960226"]
I think we can all agree that this catastrophe could've been avoided if the officials would have used preventative officiating rather than a poor excuse of reactionary officiating. They became spectators of the game.
[/quote] agreed

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1318383" timestamp="1351947557"]
I wish I were at this game.  It's unlike either team to act like this, especially since obviously, BOTH team are already in the playoffs even before the kickoff.  I've seen Collins play 3 years and counting, on both the gridiron and on the hardwood.  See never  Quirante and the Pirates play all the time.  Vidor's players and staff is the classiest around.  I know this first hand.  So, the actions of Livingston  with the spitting and Vidor with the same thing and the N word is so not these teams.  I wish I knew what fueled this or if all of this is even true. 

Good luck on BOTH teams in the playoffs.
[/quote]

Vidor was not in the playoffs before this game but still does not excuse either team of their actions.

So trocket since you want to doubt all our accusations about livingston without pictures why don't you produce some pics or video of the Vidor players doing all things you said they did cuz i know for a fact that you can't cuz they didn't do those things. Get off here with that trash man. Since Jeff took over Vidor has always been and will always be a class act.

So prove yourself trocket. Cuz so far we have proven our statements with pictures and all you have is words.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1318383" timestamp="1351947557"]
I wish I were at this game.  It's unlike either team to act like this, especially since obviously, BOTH team are already in the playoffs even before the kickoff.  I've seen Collins play 3 years and counting, on both the gridiron and on the hardwood.  See never  Quirante and the Pirates play all the time.  Vidor's players and staff is the classiest around.  I know this first hand.  So, the actions of Livingston  with the spitting and Vidor with the same thing and the N word is so not these teams.  I wish I knew what fueled this or if all of this is even true. 

[/quote]I believe both teams have great coaches and players, I have followed Vidor all last year and even this year and love to see them play, have watched all of the Livingston players all their careers and never seen this before. These are 16 and 17 year old (kids) who are competeing, the bottom line is this game showed why we have refs, they did not do their jobs, I understand they have a hard job, I've done it many time. You can't please everyone but you must do your job from the beginning so things like this does'nt happen. Let's not forget, and I'm not refering to anyone, ( these are kids and I don't think any of them should be punished in any way by any of us or their coaches should be blamed. The blame if any should be on the refs if the truth be told, that's what they are paid to do, keep the game under control. Now saying that, [b]I regret [/b] saying Vidor was the dirtyest team I have seen, they both were doing dirty things, all because by refs not doing their job. We need to put this game behind us and as Soulja said Good luck to BOTH teams in the playoffs.     

[quote name="pirate68" post="1318553" timestamp="1351959079"]
Where's the rest of the livingston fans? Trocket shows up every week win or lose.
[/quote]I'm a football fan who love the game and wants the best for all the kids, they don't just have to be my kid. Win or lose we just have to remember in the end it's just a game.

[quote name="pirates78" post="1318573" timestamp="1351960633"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=105603.msg1318383#msg1318383 date=1351947557]

[/quote]

Vidor was not in the playoffs before this game but still does not excuse either team of their actions.
[/quote]I agree

[quote name="pirates78" post="1318573" timestamp="1351960633"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=105603.msg1318383#msg1318383 date=1351947557]

[/quote]

[/quote] realistically, yes, Vidor was in.  There was no way Vidor losses any other games after the Nederland loss. 

[quote name="Trocket" post="1318315" timestamp="1351927723"]
[quote author=jmoore link=topic=105603.msg1318065#msg1318065 date=1351914337]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=105603.msg1318053#msg1318053 date=1351914013]
im watching the highlights. wth was up with the unsportsmanlike plays? thats unlike Livingston. im shocked.
[/quote]
My nephew had players spitting in his face, on two different occasions players grabbing his privates and twisting during the game. Then during the hand shakes afterwards another player spit in his face. Beyond the point of trashy and horrible sportsmanship. As stated earlier this team does not belong with the rest of 20-4A!
[/quote]Why don't you quit lying that is what the vidor players were doing, I was at the game and I will at least tell the truth, Vidor is one of the dirtyest teams I have ever seen, the Livingston players got tired of it and started playing dirty too, The refs were terrible, but in your favor, I knew when they called the touchdown back when it was defensive pass interferance that they refs were going to call it for Vidor, not only that but your players were using the N word and over on Livingston sideline giving our coaches the finger and cursing them. Your Fans were trying to attack our players after the game and the police in your town were in the face of our players instead of doing their job of protecting our players on their way off the field. If Livingston had done that to any team I would be ashame. Now that is the truth, I could say a lots more that happen but I will leave it at that, because there is always two sides to a story. I'm not going to justify Livingston and you sure can't justify Vidor, the whole night was a disgrace to High School Football.
[/quote] i usually just come on here and read all the opinions about the games...but this one i just couldnt stay away from....you have to be kidding me...the play that started all this was actually on the channel 6 sports show last night...you can clearly see #14 taunting our QB after he had just be given the flag...in fact when it happened live we actually thought he was walking over to our coaches to say he was sorry until we realized he was taunting...which he continued to do the entire game...great player and i don't blame him...the coaches should have pulled him after maybe like the 5th time he taunted our players and fans...i think it worked against him because it only fired the players and the fans up....the last Go Pirates Go chant was prolly the loudest i have ever heard and it was all do to his actions...now football is football and being a former player you get all kinds of extra stuff on the field...no doubt...but tonight one guy was too obvious and it hurt his team...

so did anyone actually notice the refs walking the penalties off last night...they actually stepped it off like we did when we were kids like in elementary....only problem was that a few times it was 7 yards lol...the last one was a 15 yard penaltly that we actually had a chant counting his steps....he took 17....it was funny...most refs just doing the math in the head and move the ball 5 yards to the next spot...or 10 and so on...these guys actually were counting steps....lol

[quote name="BigBucIsTheReal" post="1318639" timestamp="1351964883"]
[quote author=Trocket link=topic=105603.msg1318315#msg1318315 date=1351927723]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=105603.msg1318053#msg1318053 date=1351914013]
im watching the highlights. wth was up with the unsportsmanlike plays? thats unlike Livingston. im shocked.
[/quote]
My nephew had players spitting in his face, on two different occasions players grabbing his privates and twisting during the game. Then during the hand shakes afterwards another player spit in his face. Beyond the point of trashy and horrible sportsmanship. As stated earlier this team does not belong with the rest of 20-4A!
[/quote]Why don't you quit lying that is what the vidor players were doing, I was at the game and I will at least tell the truth, Vidor is one of the dirtyest teams I have ever seen, the Livingston players got tired of it and started playing dirty too, The refs were terrible, but in your favor, I knew when they called the touchdown back when it was defensive pass interferance that they refs were going to call it for Vidor, not only that but your players were using the N word and over on Livingston sideline giving our coaches the finger and cursing them. Your Fans were trying to attack our players after the game and the police in your town were in the face of our players instead of doing their job of protecting our players on their way off the field. If Livingston had done that to any team I would be ashame. Now that is the truth, I could say a lots more that happen but I will leave it at that, because there is always two sides to a story. I'm not going to justify Livingston and you sure can't justify Vidor, the whole night was a disgrace to High School Football.
[/quote] i usually just come on here and read all the opinions about the games...but this one i just couldnt stay away from....you have to be kidding me...the play that started all this was actually on the channel 6 sports show last night...you can clearly see #14 taunting our QB after he had just be given the flag...in fact when it happened live we actually thought he was walking over to our coaches to say he was sorry until we realized he was taunting...which he continued to do the entire game...great player and i don't blame him...the coaches should have pulled him after maybe like the 5th time he taunted our players and fans...i think it worked against him because it only fired the players and the fans up....the last Go Pirates Go chant was prolly the loudest i have ever heard and it was all do to his actions...now football is football and being a former player you get all kinds of extra stuff on the field...no doubt...but tonight one guy was too obvious and it hurt his team...
[/quote]I agree there is no place for taunting, or any thing outside of playing the game. But then again, [b]these are kids[/b], we as adults make mistakes as well but because we have made so many of them, time should bring about wisdom. Let's hope all this that happen do the same for these kids, yet the bottom line is the refs should have flaged him, that would have put a stop to it, I hope on that we can agree.   

[quote name="Trocket" post="1318653" timestamp="1351966063"]
[quote author=BigBucIsTheReal link=topic=105603.msg1318639#msg1318639 date=1351964883]
[/quote]
[/quote]I agree there is no place for taunting, or any thing outside of playing the game. But then again, [b]these are kids[/b], we as adults make mistakes as well but because we have made so many of them, time should bring about wisdom. Let's hope all this that happen do the same for these kids, yet the bottom line is the refs should have flaged him, that would have put a stop to it, I hope on that we can agree. 
[/quote]absolutely agree with you  Trocket if the officials get control of the game right there  i believe  none of the other things afterwards would  have taken place. Instead we ended up with a no holds barred WWE event.

[quote name="pirate68" post="1318672" timestamp="1351967345"]
[quote author=Trocket link=topic=105603.msg1318653#msg1318653 date=1351966063]
[quote author=BigBucIsTheReal link=topic=105603.msg1318639#msg1318639 date=1351964883]
[/quote]
[/quote]absolutely agree with you  Trocket if the officials get control of the game right there  i believe  none of the other things afterwards would  have taken place. Instead we ended up with a no holds barred WWE event.
[/quote]Let's hope the refs start taking charge of the games because playoffs are coming and we don't need all this extra stuff happening outside of the game. I'm looking forward to seeing good teams play good playoff football. Good luck to you all!

[quote name="Trocket" post="1318692" timestamp="1351968593"]
[quote author=pirate68 link=topic=105603.msg1318672#msg1318672 date=1351967345]
[/quote]
[/quote]Let's hope the refs start taking charge of the games because playoffs are coming and we don't need all this extra stuff happening outside of the game. I'm looking forward to seeing good teams play good playoff football. Good luck to you all!
[/quote]
And good luck to you and your lions as well.

[quote name="BigBucIsTheReal" post="1318639" timestamp="1351964883"]
[/quote] I just spoke with my brother who starts on the offensive line for vidor and he told me that matthews said that if they had a personal foul called on them, then they would do rolls and lunges at practice. My brother told me that he got his face mask pulled after a play and he didn't do anything to deserve it. He ended up laying him  out on a trap play the next play. Did admit that some of the players did call some of the livingston players names so it wasn't the whole team but he did say that livingston definitely did start it.
[/quote]

[quote name="Trocket" post="1318692" timestamp="1351968593"]
[/quote]
[/quote] [b]Let's hope the refs start taking charge of the games because playoffs are coming and we don't need all this extra stuff happening outside of the game[/b]. I'm looking forward to seeing good teams play good playoff football. Good luck to you all!
[/quote]I think when it comes playoff time. Most of the refs do a pretty good job of controlling the games.

[quote name="LOKI" post="1318751" timestamp="1351973837"]
[quote author=Trocket link=topic=105603.msg1318692#msg1318692 date=1351968593]
[/quote]
[/quote] [b]Let's hope the refs start taking charge of the games because playoffs are coming and we don't need all this extra stuff happening outside of the game[/b]. I'm looking forward to seeing good teams play good playoff football. Good luck to you all!
[/quote]I think when it comes playoff time. Most of the refs do a pretty good job of controlling the games.
[/quote]You're right they do.

[quote name="Trocket" post="1318802" timestamp="1351976990"]
[quote author=LOKI link=topic=105603.msg1318751#msg1318751 date=1351973837]
[quote author=Trocket link=topic=105603.msg1318692#msg1318692 date=1351968593]
[/quote]
[/quote]You're right
[/quote]

Correct me if I'm wrong but don't they normally use college officials for playoffs or is it the higher caliber high school officials?

And Soulja technically their was no way for Vidor not to be in the playoffs but on paper they weren't.

Just wandering why, but I made a few posts to this thread last night and when I tried to log on today it said my user name did not exist. I made no disrespectfull or inflamatory posts on this topic, just my honest opinion, what happened? Was it my profile pic, (Quirante and Collins Bmt Enterprise photo) as it does not show on my previous posts? Hope not lol I love UT and VP  ;D