ROUND 2 SR PLAYOFFS

VP93....

[quote name="thetragichippy" post="1313724" timestamp="1351525314"]
[quote author=shockg link=topic=105372.msg1313698#msg1313698 date=1351523901]
[quote author=VP 93...... link=topic=105372.msg1312923#msg1312923 date=1351432029]
Who you got?

BIG SCHOOL
1 [b]Lumberton-B [/b] vs 4 PNG-W
2 PNG-P vs [b]3 Lumberton-W[/b]
SMALL SCHOOL
1 [b]WOS[/b] vs 4 Kountze
2 [b]Bridge City [/b] vs 3 Orangefield

Winners will play in superbowl!
[/quote]

Seemed to have gotten off topic. 
Bad News/Good News:  Like I predicted last week, PNG-W will not win against Lum B.  At least they will not have far to travel in defeat....it's like golf cart distance.

I had initially picked Lum W, but after the time they had with Beaumont, I think PNG-P will pull this one out.  It will be a close game....but unfortunately for Lum W, a far distance to travel in defeat.....like not golf cart distance.

WOS and BC will win the small school division.  Kountze is tough...but WOS is WOS, WOS wins.  BC kinda tough...Orangefield not kinda tough.  Long drive for everyone....car pooling is recommended, but not required.
[/quote]

I like your post......way to keep it fun!

I will, however, have to disagree with you......I think Lumberton W will pull it out........Here's why:

The Beaumont kids knew they had lost once to white and had to bring it to pull off a win.  They did bring it and almost pulled it off......

Now......White KNOWS they almost lost that game, and KNOWS they have to bring it to beat PNG-P....I think you will see a team with a different attitude this Saturday.........I never predict score, but LUM W should pull this off.....
[/quote]

I'm sorry but I get a kick out of your reasoning, I guess a chance to get to the Superbowl isn't enough to get PNG-P ready for the game.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Horns46" post="1313954" timestamp="1351540171"]
[quote author=thetragichippy link=topic=105372.msg1313724#msg1313724 date=1351525314]
[quote author=shockg link=topic=105372.msg1313698#msg1313698 date=1351523901]
[quote author=VP 93...... link=topic=105372.msg1312923#msg1312923 date=1351432029]
Who you got?

BIG SCHOOL
1 [b]Lumberton-B [/b] vs 4 PNG-W
2 PNG-P vs [b]3 Lumberton-W[/b]
SMALL SCHOOL
1 [b]WOS[/b] vs 4 Kountze
2 [b]Bridge City [/b] vs 3 Orangefield

Winners will play in superbowl!
[/quote]

Seemed to have gotten off topic. 
Bad News/Good News:  Like I predicted last week, PNG-W will not win against Lum B.  At least they will not have far to travel in defeat....it's like golf cart distance.

I had initially picked Lum W, but after the time they had with Beaumont, I think PNG-P will pull this one out.  It will be a close game....but unfortunately for Lum W, a far distance to travel in defeat.....like not golf cart distance.

WOS and BC will win the small school division.  Kountze is tough...but WOS is WOS, WOS wins.  BC kinda tough...Orangefield not kinda tough.  Long drive for everyone....car pooling is recommended, but not required.
[/quote]

I like your post......way to keep it fun!

I will, however, have to disagree with you......I think Lumberton W will pull it out........Here's why:

The Beaumont kids knew they had lost once to white and had to bring it to pull off a win.  They did bring it and almost pulled it off......

Now......White KNOWS they almost lost that game, and KNOWS they have to bring it to beat PNG-P....I think you will see a team with a different attitude this Saturday.........I never predict score, but LUM W should pull this off.....
[/quote]

I'm sorry but I get a kick out of your reasoning, I guess a chance to get to the Superbowl isn't enough to get PNG-P ready for the game.
[/quote]

They both have the same chance.......White was beat by them, so I think they will be more motivated and have something to prove.......Thats all

[quote name="wish u knew! Don't YA!" post="1314020" timestamp="1351544604"]
[quote author=Coach Aggie link=topic=105372.msg1314008#msg1314008 date=1351543795]
As I understand it....

Lumberton White is out of the playoffs...
[/quote]

Where did this come from Aggie?
[/quote]

Reliable sources within STJFL. Does show on the site yet but they are usually 3 days late in updating.

[quote name="wish u knew! Don't YA!" post="1314020" timestamp="1351544604"]
[quote author=Coach Aggie link=topic=105372.msg1314008#msg1314008 date=1351543795]
As I understand it....

Lumberton White is out of the playoffs...
[/quote]

Where did this come from Aggie?
[/quote]

That would be a joke if Beaumont was allowed to play over Lumberton.  The better team won the game with legal players. 

The league has some of blame, but the coach that agreed to play shoulders most of the resposibility. You never play if the rule cannot be be complied with. If you dont play, they cannot blame and this does not happen. Rules are rules, but once the game is played you cannot go back.

I read on here that teams did not comply with certain rules and were called on them. That is a little different, the violation was recognized after the fact and it was not agreed that a rule could be relax are not complied with. In this case, the coach new prior to playing.

Also, if it is a fact the the coach provided the cards later in the game, then he was not cheating with illeagal players.

It doesn't matter if the cards were produced later in the game, the rule states that if a player doesn't have a card at the beginning of the game he can not pay the first half.  Only after his card is reviewed at halftime can the player play the second half.  If the rule was followed none of the Lumberton players should have been allowed to play the first half, resulting in a 1-0 win for BMT.  It shouldn't be left up to the coach to be the bad guy the league should have made that call to inforce the rule.  Why have the rule if it's not going to be inforced?  It just sucks that the league chooses when to and when not to punish teams.

[quote name="bradyb" post="1314313" timestamp="1351565609"]
Guys, the coach agreed that it was OK if they started the game without the cards as long as the cards where on the way. They don't have any illegal players and coach Danny wouldn't cheat. Chill out
[/quote]
He didn't know the rule and only agreeded to play as long as they were there at halftime. Bradyb, as your big brothers when they got there!!

[quote name="One4All" post="1314319" timestamp="1351565802"]
[quote author=Coach Aggie link=topic=105372.msg1314316#msg1314316 date=1351565697]
Unless you were there you don't know what was said
[/quote]
And your source is worthless
[/quote]

My source may be worthless but that doesn't change the fact that I was on the field and it was me that asked the Lumberton coach for his player cards. And, it doesn't change the fact that they didn't have them. Those are facts I will swear to.

[quote name="wish u knew! Don't YA!" post="1314321" timestamp="1351566017"]
[quote author=bradyb link=topic=105372.msg1314313#msg1314313 date=1351565609]
Guys, the coach agreed that it was OK if they started the game without the cards as long as the cards where on the way. They don't have any illegal players and coach Danny wouldn't cheat. Chill out
[/quote]
He didn't know the rule and only agreeded to play as long as they were there at halftime. Bradyb, as your big brothers when they got there!!
[/quote]
That makes no since at all. But OK. Good luck to all of the teams Saturday. Lets get back to football

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin